Why charting for longer matters [A post on chart longevity]

• i used to want ur autograph

but then you tore my heart in half ;(

cant do shit on akp man </3;(

Tears fuel me, don't you know?

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• I think that peak and impact in the year of a song's release are at the least equally important as longevity or more.

It shows the impact that songs had and how they're remembered.

Songs lasting long(er) than usual, there can be multiple reasons for that: sure, some songs are just that great or season/event bases that they'll start to rechart in those times (eg. Mariah Carey's 'All I Want For Christmas' song).

But other songs, I think that groups that have a huge fanbase as well as huge popularity really gives their songs an edge, and is longevity less about how great a song was, but more a tribute towards the popularity and fanbase of a group.

• “The fan base are responsible for longevity” point needs to go by now. It even sounds stupid when you mention it out loud. It’s widely known Fandom can give good peaks but longevity is out of their hands and it’s even harder on the new chart system. By logic if fanbase is the reason for longevity, all BTS songs will have never left the charts in the first place.

• Eventually, LSG will join the list for BP. I think to a lot of koreans it perfectly fits in fall, winter, and spring. It’s hold on the top 40 is insane for a song that wasn’t a sleeper hit. I wouldn’t be surprised if it starts to rise when fall comes around as summer ends.

• “The fan base are responsible for longevity” point needs to go by now. It even sounds stupid when you mention it out loud. It’s widely known Fandom can give good peaks but longevity is out of their hands and it’s even harder on the new chart system. By logic if fanbase is the reason for longevity, all BTS songs will have never left the charts in the first place.

Exactly... and ULs of songs can really point out how big and how wide the reach of the song is. Both these metrics are very important

• Good Work as always.👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

You say Longevity, I say Spring Day. The queen Spring Day is.

And the fandom driven longevity narrative is too funny now when the fact has proven that fandom can't assure longevity. I don't know the people who scream it still now, are they actually ignorant or they pretend to be ignorant to pass their baseless argument.

Waiting for Queen Spring Day to hit 8 Million unique Listeners on melon.

:cheersc:

• BTSs longevity is honestly insane. I'd say the only act that can really match up to it is IU.

That's the truth.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Tbh sure streaming ensures longevity ( thats why i dont like billboard all time lists, because they ignore disadvantages of physical singles to downloads to streams )

But the songs which r suppose to be hit will be hit. Whereas songs which are not will fall off. Like new BGs song, which is out of top 10 of melon. In end, songs which stays at top 10 for long are due to gp love only.

Btw dynamite is still top 15

Damn

• It rose back up, it was number 16 a few days ago.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!