which flop is more unexpected : BOY vs BLACK MAMBA

• Aespa didn't really flop, so that aside...

YG's groups have always done well from the get go. Always. Big Bang sold 150K albums and reached #3, a crazy strong debut in freaking 2006, before kpop had a strong international following. 2NE1's Fire almost won a music show trophy right off the bat (basically unheard of in 2009). Winner's Empty and iKon's My Type both hit #1 on the charts and had more than 1.5 million DLs. Blackpink's double debut songs both did incredibly well internationally (Boombayah hitting #1 on Billboard and Whistle hitting #1 in Korea). AkMu's 200% topped all the Korean charts.

The weakest debut of all of them is Big Bang whose We Belong Together "only" got to #5 on the charts.

So the fact that Treasure came from a company with that strong a track history and their debut song couldn't even break the top 100 on Korean charts was hugely surprising.

• So the fact that Treasure came from a company with that strong a track history and their debut song couldn't even break the top 100 on Korean charts was hugely surprising.

Well knetzs hate yg but they sold a million copies overall which kinda balanced their poor performance on the charts

• I chose Boy because well Black Mamba wasn’t a flop BUT even if it was I’ll say Boy because SM isn’t known to have strong debut songs for their girl groups (those songs tend to have a cult following after the group hits big like ITNW and Happiness) whereas YG is known to have strong debuts! Whistle, Fire, etc.

~ ˘з˘˘

• Comparing BOY to Black Mamba....yikes.

One doesn't even have digital points.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!