Are k-netizens credible no matter what they say?

• Official Post

The greatest Kpop groups, who was more popular in their era; who raised their company.

To an extent, but just like everyone they have biases and they also have people who just assume because they didn't listen to that genre/artist just like it would be in any other country.

• i mean...no? most of the shit we see translated from knetz is from gossip sites like pann and theqoo which arent much more credible than allkpop. its definitely important to take their cultural stances into consideration, but they also witch hunt, blow things out of proportion, hate on people its normalized to hate all the same. its hard to call any of that "more credible".

who's your favorite artist?

Edited once, last by aclassyteaparty ().

• i mean...no? most of the shit we see translated from knetz is from gossip sites like pann and theqoo which arent much more credible than allkpop. its definitely important to take their cultural stances into consideration, but they also witch hunt, blow things out of proportion, hate on people its normalized to hate all the same. its hard to call any of that "more credible".

what AKP isn't credible???????

aslnflehgehwgtsekgskg

*mind blown*

• The greatest Kpop groups, who was more popular in their era; who raised their company

Some Knetz may be more in tune with Kpop history or Korean music in general and history of each company, executives, and even staff than average international fan, but hardcore fans from anywhere will be about as informed. They may care about some specific stuff only they care. Otherwise, in general credibility in opinion pieces depends on how informed and impartial (as possible, some bias will be there and should be allowed) they can be. It will depend on each individual opinion piece in the end.

Do you have any specific example? This way we may see how well sourced and elaborated the opinion was about who are/were the greatest or who did raise their companies.

• They are Korean and live in the home country of Kpop. Are they always credible when articles are released?

not necessarily.

I'm from the US and I don't even know something like a title out of Olivia Rodrigo's discography. They apparently filmed something at my sister's college though and that's about it to my knowledge.

I'd bet that similarly not everyone has a whole picture of what is going on in korea regarding kpop. There are mitigating factors, however. Kpop fans are watching kpop ( duh ) but also korea is a smaller nation compared to the US so information might disseminate more easily and quickly.

• Some Knetz may be more in tune with Kpop history or Korean music in general and history of each company, executives, and even staff than average international fan, but hardcore fans from anywhere will be about as informed. They may care about some specific stuff only they care. Otherwise, in general credibility in opinion pieces depends on how informed and impartial (as possible, some bias will be there and should be allowed) they can be. It will depend on each individual opinion piece in the end.

Do you have any specific example? This way we may see how well sourced and elaborated the opinion was about who are/were the greatest or who did raise their companies.

Top 5 kpop boy groups of all-time:

Seo Taiji & Boys

HOT

GOD

BIGBANG

BTS

There is no TVXQ and EXO.

https://www.allkpop.com/articl…y-groups-in-k-pop-history

Who raised their companies:

SM - BoA

YG - BIGBANG

Big Hit - BTS

https://www.allkpop.com/articl…cess-of-sm-yg-and-big-hit

• sites like akp and netizenbuzz always translate the malicious stuff to get more clicks on their website.. Their ceo literally admitted their source of headlines is what trends on pann

• For BG, I think these top 5 are fine for the POV of Koreans. It's just a top 5. Probably a top 10 would be more representative of Kpop BG history as just 5 is a little too restrictive. I think this list is contentious even for some Knetz as well. I bet Sechskies fans would be pretty pissed with their rival being mentioned but not their faves.

About who raised their companies, it seems fine as well. I don't see any contentious choices.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!