what stopping OH MY GIRL from becoming famous internationally ?

• Also, there was a whole thread made on Twitter- how Kpop idols do mudras and bobbing heads. Oh My Girl had the most clips in that thread plus they danced on the infamous Curry Song at the request of their fans.

Before OMG blew up , I also got to know them as a problematic group only. It's sad that I believed and didn't check their songs at that time.

What curry song?

• cutesy concept, CA controversies, promotes more to k-fans. honestly OMG doesn't need international fans and I don't think they should try to appeal to them, they've built a supportive community of fans in korea

[+808,8] Jennie wears high heels larger than your oppa's dick, sit down

Animated GIFAnimated GIF

• we cant deny that OH MY GIRL is now becoming one of the current top group and hot trend on kpop industry . They are dominating the scene since last year and keep showing progression . They're GPs favourite among with Brave Girls thanks to their massive hits Nonstop and Dolphin.

But i noticed that OMG is still kinda underrated among ifans . They dont really get the recognition that they deserve by ifans , and even among kpop casual listener . even Brave Girls is catching up very fast (their MVs that released few days ago almost outviewing Dun Dun Dance).

What do you think the factor that stopping OMG from getting the fans or even have decent ifans fandom ? GFRIEND & APINK have no problem collecting ifans .

The iFandom is growing but here are the problems:

1) Stupid racism sh*t blown out of proprtion by stan twitter. The whole incident has I think scarred them. Even during vlives they are very cautious of iFans.

2) Small company that focusses heavily on SK. Small and debt ridden to the point it was acquired by RBW.

3) They are loud and funny in a very Korean sort of way, a lot of that doesn't appeal to internationals.

4) A lot of their content is never subbed.

Also, we are a verrry lazy fandom, incidentally a lot of us are older 2nd gen fans that like OMG so we dont have time to stream and all these things. In fact, asking ppl to stream and vote led to fights within the fandom.

K fandom often accuses us for not trying.

Gfriend and Apink do cute but sexy, but sexy is out of the question for OMG, have you met our leader?

• Also, there was a whole thread made on Twitter- how Kpop idols do mudras and bobbing heads. Oh My Girl had the most clips in that thread plus they danced on the infamous Curry Song at the request of their fans.

Before OMG blew up , I also got to know them as a problematic group only. It's sad that I believed and didn't check their songs at that time.

Just kpop fans being hypocrites and blowing it out of proportion.

• i feel like OMG is known more for their songs than the group itself.

Like I knew Dolphin and Nonstop but I didn't know they were from OMG. I also knew SSFWL for a very long time and it just never occurred for me to look up OMG individual members XD

also Apink is almost unheard of internationally.. shame.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

KEEP TALKING WE SHUT YOU DOWN.

• The cute concept doesn’t make sense when Twice is big internationally and even when people doubted them they still did the impossible without pandering and changing their concept.

What’s stopping oh my girl is the lack of content for international fans and also the group is a senior now who are looked as a problematic group which is funny.

Oh My Girl doesn’t have the pull like Brave Girls. Even when Brave Girls was a nugu group they still had a supportive international following and with Brave Girls hitting big right now, Brave Bros are pushing them to international fans with their English song and English subtitles compared to Oh My Girl lack of content for their international fans and lack of subs.

When WM tried to push them in America Oh My Girl concert flopped horribly and was really embarrassing for them. They never really had a market outside of Korea and somewhat Japan.

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

• Their concept. A lot of GGs that got more popular with i-fans after doing a cute concept, switched concepts beforehand.

I still remember the comments of i-fans swarming Twice and Gfriend's more mature concepts with how they prefer this to their "immature and cringe" previous concept.

Also, Apink was cute as well, but again the song tha got them popular internationally was when they changed concepts.

Of course, with the change in concept comes a change in sound and that might have appealed more, but it's hard to ignore all the "thank god they aren't cute anymore" comments.

I'm sure the scandals took a hit as well. Right around the time they started getting more popular on the korean side, I started hearing about Twitter going after them.

Hopefully their company starts gaining an interest in pushing more internationally as well, they don't seem to be pushing towards i-fans that much

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!