Are BOP/FLOP threads flawed?

• Now that I think about it, I've noticed a pattern with voting for bop, blop or flop.

Here's the problem...most of them are initial reactions. Like first listen deciding whether someone likes it or not.

There are A LOT of released songs that many people don't really like initially or the first few listens and a lot of those songs grow on people. I can name a few examples but let's not get into that. And most people, when they vote BOP or FLOP on a thread (or BLOP is there is a choice), that's their initial reaction.

I used to not really like a song at all first listen and after a couple of more listens I really love it and am addicted to it. I realized that it happens to a lot of people... :/

What do you guys think?

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• All threads are flawed, just like all people.

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

I don't see them as flawed. I mean I wouldn't take them as any kind of actual representation of anything or let them influence my view on a song because I'm willing to bet some people vote without ever actually listening to the song. I never even check on the thread after I initially post in usually.

• I think they should just have the option to change votes!

So that way you can vote on your first impression but then let’s say the thread goes on for a week, you can go back and change if after a week you have a different opinion on it!

~ ω

• Eh. It’s best not to take it too seriously. Fans of the group will say it’s a bop, even if it’s not. Antis will say it’s a flop, even if it’s not.

Somewhere in the middle are people who are just judging the music on the music - and even that has to be taken with a grain of salt, because some won’t give their honest opinion because they don’t want to deal with the drama that may ensue.

:wellr:

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• Yes. They are always flawed.

When I saw flopping getting max votes for MAFIA AND NL. I knew something was wrong.

My research-

1) If it's a top group comeback, no matter what happens they'll get flop voted because people expect alot.

2) People will suddenly write detailed summaries without any musical background to make their stance valid.

3) Some section of gps will always get bops because they aren't a threat to their faves.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!