About All These Bullying Accusations

• Stop comparing it to T-ara😅

Whatever/whoever it is, I guarantee it's nothing like what happened to T-ara 😅😅

T-ara's situation was caused by weirdos on the internet speaking over them and making weird, out of contexts gifs/videos that cost them their career, got them 5 years of hate and petitions asking them to commit suicide with hundreds of thousands of signatures. Nobody actually ever accused them of bullying. Plenty of reasons to not like Hwayoung but she always (kinda) defended them from bullying rumors

What's happening with your faves is He Said/She said. Not even remotely the same.

It's just a big pet peeve of mine as a stan when people that don't understand what happened with T-ara try to defend their faves with this "this could be another T-ara/hwayoung"

• True. Not every case is like T-ARA's. But in the same line, not every case is NOT like T-ARA's.

The motives, reasonings and causes behind the T-ARA case and why it was misinterpreted and misidentified as a 'bullying' case for years, until much, much later the majority of people's opinions changed, all those aren't different from the witch hunts, shade crusades and bandwagoning instant judgements that netizens and ifans are doing in the past 10 years over and over and over again.

You make it sound as if T-ARA's case was unique, and exceptional fault.

It isn't.

Because people, netizens and ifans alike, don't learn and keep making the same mistakes in snap judgements and online witch hunts.

Those massive hordes of netizens and ifans that hunted and trashtalked and judged and condemned T-ARA, those haven't gone and they kept doing those same actions over and over again - even if individual K-pop fans have been leaving K-pop and being replaced by new people.

People are people.

Those urges, needs and reasoning mistakes that were behind witch hunts in medieval times, behind lynch mobs and so many other crusades, razzias, mob rules across history, that's still very much a part of basic human nature and human psyche.

And you see it pop up too in these modern times too, incl in K-pop scandals.

So yes: not every case is the same as T-ARA's.

But at the same time, the same motives and drives behind the T-ARA scandal and why they were (mistakenly) branded bullies by netizens and ifans alike, those can be spotted with a lot more bullying scandals than people give it credit for.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• Well, MBK was dumb. They actually made the scandal even worse but yeah it's nothing like T-ara. When it started when T-ara shaded Hwayoung (rightfully so) on Twitter to which Hwayoung and her sister played victim, fabricated the whole story and k-netz + i-netz took the sister's words and destroyed the group's career.

Kpopies comparing it to T-ara are talking out their ass lol. If people want to read up T-ara's fans made a whole timeline.

http://tiaradiadem.com/2017/02…erview-with-t-aras-staff/

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

• I agree it's not the same. I heard about the T-ara case way before I learned no members ever accused anyone of bullying which quite puzzled me when I found out. What is terrifying though is how much hate the group received because of basically nothing.

Now I think it's not always far fetched to draw parallels between recent cases and T-ara's. See April and people who dive into the group's old footage to find "confirmations" of bullying, keeping what seemingly goes their way and ignoring the stuff that doesn't show anything. It's the same kind of confirmation bias, the same fallacious reasoning T-ara had to face I guess.

So the way it started and the nature of the events are different indeed, but the way fans (or antis) react to the situation is similar; a witch hunt basically.

• I have yet to see another bullying case made by netizens and not members from then same group or ex classmates. That is what makes the T-ara case unique.

The only possible similarity is people manipulating videos to show conflict but thats to add weight to already existing claims, not be the claims themselves.

There are two sides of every story and even if people believe the wrong one and throw all their weight behind it, it's still not like T-ara

internet mobs existed before and after t-ara and I'm not sure you really understand what I meant

• When it started when T-ara shaded Hwayoung (rightfully so) on Twitter to which Hwayoung and her sister played victim, fabricated the whole story and k-netz + i-netz took the sister's words and destroyed the group's career.

yeah that's the part I have an issue with, because it never happened.

Hwayoung played the victim card and said she felt alone but she never actually accused the group of bullying outright like all these groups. In fact she denied it multiple times. The reason T-ara fans hate her is because conveniently left out why they shaded her to being with.

Both sides told the same story but nobody believed them

• T-ARA is a good example of what happens when mob rule and mob mentality go wild. Even in 2012, there was already enough information available to anyone who was objective enough to see that it wasn't bullying but that the situation was more complex and nuanced, and more like a fight/conflict/disagreement between members.

The majority of people however simply chose to ignore all that and bandwagon bashed and branded T-ARA as bullies.

Same now.

Not every conflict or fight between people means one side is bullying the other side.

Also, people shouldn't project their own bullying fears and high school traumas on every alleged bullying scandal cq fight, and instantly make the bullying accused as a surrogate stand-in for their own high school villains/bullies.

There's always 2 sides to every conflict.

Often we know too little to know what's truth or what really happened, to make rash judgements (yet people still do) and sometimes it's simply a case between those people involved, a private matter between them. And sometimes we'll never know what really happened, and is a situation more nuanced and less black & white than we give it credit for.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

Edited 2 times, last by FoReveries ().

• I'm still not seeing any situation that's remotely the same though.

What's happened with April, AoA, iLuv etc isn't like T-ara because there are accusers and decent proof that members were bullied/ ostracized and not just a work conflict. Because they're public figures and it all happens in public spaces, of course people are going to take sides. A mob mentality doesn't make every or any case like T-ara's purely because that happens with every celebrity conflict. Taking sides isn't the issue, making up one completely and presenting it as the truth was.

Regardless, this thread was more to the majority of people that misunderstood the T-ara case as Hwayoung falsely stating that T-ara bullied her and using that cast doubt on accusers.

• I'm still not seeing any situation that's remotely the same though.

What's happened with April, AoA, iLuv etc isn't like T-ara because there are accusers and decent proof that members were bullied/ ostracized and not just a work conflict. Because they're public figures and it all happens in public spaces, of course people are going to take sides. A mob mentality doesn't make every or any case like T-ara's purely because that happens with every celebrity conflict. Taking sides isn't the issue, making up one completely and presenting it as the truth was.

Regardless, this thread was more to the majority of people that misunderstood the T-ara case as Hwayoung falsely stating that T-ara bullied her and using that cast doubt on accusers.

I think we're both right, but the distinction is that you emphasize the differences between T-ARA's case and other (alleged) bullying cases while I'm emphasizing the similarities in T-ARA's case and other (alleged) bullying cases.

SWJ1P.gif

• bringing up Tara does not prove any point...

Leave Tara girlies alone now and stop including them in your senseless agendas

SAY IT LOUDER FOR THE BACK.

It's tiring as a QUEEN'S for T-ara to be mentioned every single time another bullying accusation comes back up.

It was exhausting to be a Queen's during that time as we each got harassed for sticking by T-ara and even those who said "I don't like what they did but I still like their music" got labeled as a "bully".

When people say 2nd gen kpop fans weren't bad, I die inside because the way i-fans and k-fans alike treated T-ara and Queen's was horrible.

~ ω

• YES. people are totally re-writing the T-ARA situation, no one involved directly accused them of bullying, netizens speculated it was bullying based on "evidences" like the members shady tweets about hwayoung, the umbrella thing, etc.

whereas with these current bullying scandals, the idols "victims" (in quotes cause alleged) directly, either anonymously or not, accused them of bullying

[+808,8] Jennie wears high heels larger than your oppa's dick, sit down

Animated GIFAnimated GIF

• YES. people are totally re-writing the T-ARA situation, no one involved directly accused them of bullying, netizens speculated it was bullying based on "evidences" like the members shady tweets about hwayoung, the umbrella thing, etc.

whereas with these current bullying scandals, the idols "victims" (in quotes cause alleged) directly, either anonymously or not, accused them of bullying

It's funny because the one time that Hwayoung did try to say/insinuate she was bullied, it backfired and she and Hyoyoung were exposed by ex-staff lmaoooo

~ ω

• Even if I wasn't a Queen (but really liked their music and members like Hyomin due to Incinvible Youth's G7), I've defended T-ARA on each site, forum and at the youtube comments practically right from the start.

I was completely dumbfounded, stunned and outraged at the blind bandwagon bashing that the majority of netizens and ifans did to T-ARA, and baffled that they couldn't see, based on the REAL evidence available that this wasn't a bullying case at all but something else, but that they chose to believe the fabricated evidence (rice cake 'incident'? Really??) instead.

Aside from the constant, unfair SNSD bashing and shading, T-ARA was the first major example to me of how the witch hunts of medieval times and witch hunt mentality still continues in modern times, certainly in K-pop with all its alleged scandals.

I was 1 of the very few K-pop fans and even fewer non-Queens that defended T-ARA right from the start.

When it is about other scandals and bullying cases, I'll keep following my own course and use T-ARA as an example of lynch mob mentality and snap judgement wherever I feel it's justified.

Because people are people. That doesn't change.

The same type of people that blindly rushed to T-ARA's case to start gang bashing them and thus acting as online bullies themselves for a plethora of personal reasonings and motives, that same type of people is still present everywhere in K-pop and outside of K-pop.

Yes, bullying is wrong, and should be addressed.

But the same goes for online bullying and people acting like bullies by their quick judging and trashing idols.

And not every conflict and fight between people is a bullying case.

SWJ1P.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!