Should glasses be free?

• Yes! It's necessary for health for those who need it and it's also needed for daily living and life. If someone can't afford to get glasses then they're in major risk of worsening their eye sight.

~ ω

• I don't think so. A Lot of other things like essential medicines/treatments (insulin, heart meds, inhalers etc) are pay only which I think should be more of a priority to make cheaper to even free. Glasses are one time fee that can last several years if looked after.

Besides I don't know about other places but there are schemes here in place where you can get free eye tests and very cheap glasses/lens on unbranded frames because of universal healthcare. My mum and dad both wear glasses and each paid around £30 total for eye tests and glasses, dad even has a second pair for free.

• Mine cost almost 300€ with everthing, just the glass probably like around 150-200€, I don't change the frame every year, but I need to change the glass every year because my sight keeps changing.

I wish they would be free but that would probably be a lot, maybe make it less expensive?

526d260695f1e6be7fc576a759a81ce9eccaa866.gifv8f41e2de19fd3e53503e1f9bbaecb661064e5000.gifv0a61d4ea7129206fb3db97ab12f606316444f603.gifv

I'm throwing you away for keeping me locked up

• Yes and No. What do you put on for the price of your eyesight which is so precious? My reading glasses cost me around $300 so they’re not cheap, but on the other hand it’s hard for pensioners and people on low incomes to afford them. They at least could be subsidised.

• nothing is free...

are you saying that the government should be paying for it????

oh, not really. i was asking for other users' opinions on the subject, but i didn't post my personal view on it.

i think they should be slightly cheaper but still valuable due to the manufacturing and the studies behind the lenses.

out of service

• oh, not really. i was asking for other users' opinions on the subject, but i didn't post my personal view on it.

i think they should be slightly cheaper but still valuable due to the manufacturing and the studies behind the lenses.

well but the profit motive says otherwise...

a company/business sells goods for the price that it wants and people pay for such items if they believe it to be of sufficient value to them...

supply/demand no?

• Considering that people need glasses to live their daily lives and all that free or at least cheaper would be good. Obviously, for fancier types of glasses, those shouldn't be free, but for the more basic types. I don't see why not.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• are you saying that the government should be paying for it????

Sounds like a nice idea until you realize all the money the government gets is the money they take from their own citizens through taxation. So they are just redistributing your money in the way they think you should use it. Instead of letting people use it how they want.

Not to mention a large portion of it never gets back to you it goes to fund other stuff like the military or just goes down some bureaucratic black hole.

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Sounds like a nice idea until you realize all the money the government gets is the money they take from their own citizens through taxation. So they are just redistributing your money in the way they think you should use it. Instead of letting people use it how they want.

Not to mention a large portion of it never gets back to you it goes to fund other stuff like the military or just goes down some bureaucratic black hole.

you're not wrong tehre my friend

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!