I think people in the US should also become more educated about Indigenous people of the land we're on

• Otherwise, for example, how could there be an actual case of a Native American being accused by non-NA of cultural appropriation when they were literally wearing a traditional hairstyle to their tribe's culture? Google is free

protector of the gharqad tree

tumblr_lkl136Bxsg1qbvbvxo1_500.gif

• I think so too but unfortunately our government mistreats NA's then tells the masses that they've received compensation. What is the solution to this problem? I think NA's should have a voice in our government, but the reality is that they are treated like a burden instead.

• Indians were forced from their tribal lands. Moved to reservations only to be relocated again when valuable resources were found. In the US these Reservations are Sovereign Nations who may receive help from the Government.

During frontier Western expansion the US Government fought Indian Tribes for Lands. Age old story the Land goes to the victor. Same thing running the Spanish out of the Western States. That War their lucky they got to keep Mexico City.

Reverting the lands to people who lived in on it during the Stone Age is unrealistic. Virtue signaling aside ofcourse.

• Yesterday I just saw a video about former US President Andrew Jackson who relocated and in the process killed many Native Americans. It was horrifying. Seemed American just sweep this one under a rug

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• America's Great Indian Nations - Full Length Documentary

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!