JYP need to step up with TWICE in Japan

• At this point we all know JYP just keep milking J-ONCES with insane Japanese singles, DVDs, albums plus the korean releases that they also buy.

TWICE sales have been decreasing in Japan because of that, Kura Kura got the bare minimum with I think 2 performances in Japan? And they are about to drop a new Japanese album in July. I understand the target right now is the US market but neglecting the 2nd biggest market is so stupid and a set up.

JYP shouldn’t sacrifice one market to get other. Japan is very important for the girls and I think JYP is truly taking advantage of TWICE big fanbase there and it is backfiring.

• agreed, but it's Warner Music Japan that manages them there --> and they've been known for milking J-Onces till their wallets turn upside down. Honestly feel bad for them tbh, especially knowing how committed they are to supporting Twice in everything they do. Many of them have grown tired too, and stopped giving in to the milking.

• The weirdest thing is that JYPE seems to be almost sabotaging Twice in Japan.

Like the schedules are completely open nowadays, no concerts, no tours, no solo promotions to get in the way. You literally have complete freedom to plan your releases in a logical manner, giving ample time for promotions, ample time for regular hiatuses before the next comeback.

Jan - JPN comeback

April - Korean comeback

July - JPN comeback

October - Korean comeback

There. Done.

• All Japanese promotions are not done by JYP but by their reps in Japan. That's Warner Music for Twice and Sony for NiziU. I don't think JYP really care if Twice or NiziU is bigger. They just want ALL the groups to do good in Japan as they make more sales and money. The fact NiziU became so big was not expected as any fan who watched from the very beginning can testify. So the fact they have done better than Twice (recently) is not a planned action of JYP.

The thing with Sony is that they are doing a phenomenal job of promoting them while Warner is just meh. One reason for that is NiziU can actually travel to Japan easily as they are all Japanese citizens. (not sure of Nina though). So far none of the KPOP groups have been able to do that. Twice/BTS/Seventeen/Treasure etc.. just did video call promotions and did more or less the same level if promotions as well.

• Along with all the Onces screaming murder of "Milking" the girls, "Overworking" the girls. "Give them rest" etc... I mean they do it now. Also this July is not a good tme to release anything with the Olympics coming that month. Give them 3 releases a year and you have half the people screaming Niglect and the other half screaming overwork.

• We'll have to see what happens when things open back up again and they can do in-person events in Japan again. A lot of the fandom driven things in Japan used to revolve around fanmeets, hi-touches, and concerts.

Only time will tell.

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• Instead, we get...

April - JPN comeback

June - KOR comeback (mini album)

July - JPN comeback (full album)

Next KOR comeback? Not sure. I'm kind of hoping October or November.

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• Kura Kura technically released in May.

The rumor for the next Korean comeback is late 3rd quarter, so that would probably be September.

• Oh yeah, I was following the mv date, I forgot :angryr:

Oh, okay... :( That's not a lot of time... :peperain:

It could definitely change. That's just based on the timeline rumor we saw. It was correct for Taste of Love, but could be off on the next release (for example it hadn't mentioned anything about the July Japanese album)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!