It think you are all confused (BH +YG).

• FB_IMG_1611770595745.jpgNO YGE artist are not part of BH labels,

NO YGE still their own company and dont depend on BH .

NO YGE did not really needed the partnership, a part from getting extra money.

Like you already know most of the companies in korea are related some how to CJ or have some kind of business with them, for people that dont know CJ is basically the BIGEST entertainment company in korea ( yes is not SM).

YGE is one of the few companies that some how manage to stay away from CJs and created their own production and distribution empire, with out help of the others BIG 3 companies ( SM or JYP) or any other.

Thats the reason why they have being targeted with a lot of scandals in the past year and why other companies are interested in stop their grow.

BIGHIT continuing with the build of their monopoly, want to create their own distribution company, however there have beibg rumors they have found some difficulties not only cuz of Cj, but the other companies that dont want them to leave their partnership, and since apart from CJ and them there no other powerful than YG, they did not believed that they weregoing to join EVER ( they had no kind of relationship before).

Then this happened.... and is a HUGE surprised and blow for CJs and others so dont be surprised if there some scandals from BIGHIT soon.

What BIGHIT get from this? TIME to create their own distribution company and not dealing with the huge lost of money ( I'm sure others distribution companies were getting a huge % of bighit sale) as well more access to china market ( YGSELEC have good deals there), and do not have to go back to CJ at all.

What YG get? The MONEY.

weverse access is not anything YGE wanted at all , since NAVER VLIVE is going to merge with WEVERSE.

NAVER being part owner of YGE was still going to give access to YGE artist to it, so even if the parnetship did not happen, YGA was still going to be in use of weverse.

So no is no exactly YGE needing BH.

Edited 2 times, last by lizvip ().

• It’s not like we’re going to get shares of the money anyway. People are so invested in this kind of drama.

I think threads as here for people to select what they want to read and to comment about.

thats the reason the forum was created.

So if you dont want to lose your time in this , i wonder why click, read and comment about it at all? Like you say you are not getting any share from it after all.

So it bother you so much, what the point of clicking?

• We do not know what will happen in the future with weverse, but that BH invests in YG + means that it saw potential in that company, let's remember that BeNX Corp is video games, weverse and they talked about distribution and streaming service in the future. I think BH is going to take the great minds that YG + has like he did in SM. Here the company that may lose potential manpower is YG. In addition, BH always associates with legal representatives in different countries to publicize its artists. If BH wants a slice of China, it would have agreements with Chinese companies not through YG. It already has it in Japan, the United States and it seems that in India they are going to start. On weverse ..YG prefers to use platforms like YouTube and Netflix but I also see why BH does not want to use it and it is because of Disney, so they should have their own platform for concerts and videos. . I also don't think weverse is just a social platform, it seems like it wants to further expand its vision

• We do not know what will happen in the future with weverse, but that BH invests in YG + means that it saw potential in that company, let's remember that BeNX Corp is video games, weverse and they talked about distribution and streaming service in the future. I think BH is going to take the great minds that YG + has like he did in SM. Here the company that may lose potential manpower is YG. In addition, BH always associates with legal representatives in different countries to publicize its artists. If BH wants a slice of China, it would have agreements with Chinese companies not through YG. It already has it in Japan, the United States and it seems that in India they are going to start. On weverse ..YG prefers to use platforms like YouTube and Netflix but I also see why BH does not want to use it and it is because of Disney, so they should have their own platform for concerts and videos. . I also don't think weverse is just a social platform, it seems like it wants to further expand its vision

Is confirmed that weverse is merging with NAVER.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And they did not invested in YGE as the artist company but in YGSELECT to distribute their own products ( merch & albums).

If was that simple as you said they would have simple created their own distribution company with out thinking twice since they have the money for it, but they needed to break free from the others some how while they figure the connections they need for a proper distribution.

Let me remind you that BH did NOT bought YGSELECT they just make a partnetship and YGE still in control of their own company, and is explaned that the company isbalso looking foward to distribute other kpop companies products not only BIGHIT or the BLACKLABEL.

YGE is the few korean companies that have access to CHINA market , even during the china block to korea, not even other huges korean entertainment companies could and most of their parnetships there are exclusive.

YGE is not losing any "man power" in their company they are expanding, and not only focusing on their own artist to distribute.

And you just confirmed what I said, YG only got the money cuz they dont have any actual reason for access to weverse, when they are going to get it anyway.

Edited once, last by lizvip ().

• I summarize it for you by this way BH acts when it is associated or wants something.

BH invested in YG plus + means that they can also make decisions about that company, that does not mean that YG does not receive their money for distributing the merchandise of BH artists, but also BH can make decisions with the distribution of YG artists and BH labels and in the future may be brought to staff for BeNX Corp. they don't care if BP or Treasure join Weverse.

• I summarize it for you by this way BH acts when it is associated or wants something.

BH invested in YG plus + means that they can also make decisions about that company, that does not mean that YG does not receive their money for distributing the merchandise of BH artists, but also BH can make decisions with the distribution of YG artists and BH labels and in the future may be brought to staff for BeNX Corp. they don't care if BP or Treasure join Weverse.

The thing is that we dont know the % of it.

And since it seems YGE is saying is SPECIFICALLY for distribution, means is not much of the % that could even got them ANY control of the company.

YGE is not stupid either in each of every single of of their companies they have make sure them or the artist have the major % to keep the control of their companies.

the fact that BIGHIT in not adding it to their labels or as part of their own companies means they dont have control of it.

Imo, I doubt BH will have a say in the control of YG plus. It is BH who approached YG plus for the deal. YGE is not stupid to give BH some level of control over YG plus.

This is basically about distribution.

• :D

sounds more like conspiracy theory

Big hit still will be working with cj&m through Belift

bh label artist all have different distributors i think enhypen will stay with genie /stone (cj&em)

GIGajJgXgAA8Q5P?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Edited once, last by Vivi1388 ().

• The thing is that we dont know the % of it.

18%

Imo, I doubt BH will have a say in the control of YG plus. It is BH who approached YG plus for the deal. YGE is not stupid to give BH some level of control over YG plus.

i dont think they'll control yg plus

and i dont think bh approached yg plus, probably more like package deal with naver

• holyshit!!! Why are you guys even worrying about this??? So what are you trying to prove here op??

Two companies are simply sharing resources to reduce outsourcing cost. Why is this so hard to understand.

Also no business deal is one sided, both companies need something from other nad getting it.

• all this tells me is that YG is desperate for capital right now. I doubt in their heyday they ever would have been a part of a deal like this

I edited it , so you can see the diagram.

Is more like a WIN-WIN for NAVER than anything else.

Remember NAVER is the 2nd shareholder in YGE had invested in BIGHIT subsidiary and the subsidiary in YGPLUS, so is just a parnetship between the 3 of them.

YGPLUS is looking for expanding for other companies as well, so this just a trial for them to invite other companies to use their distribution company

• holyshit!!! Why are you guys even worrying about this??? So what are you trying to prove here op??

Two companies are simply sharing resources to reduce outsourcing cost. Why is this so hard to understand.

Also no business deal is one sided, both companies need something from other nad getting it.

Is a news, people use the forum to speak about news in the kpop world.

i already said YGE is expecting to distribute other companies albums as well , but joining weverse is not something YGE getting from this.

• i'm not sure

i think both yg and bh will work with cj&em/ mnet for different projects

YGE have YEARS out of Mnet they just attended MAMA and Mcountdown this year, after YEARS,...but a part from that they broke every business relationship they had.

Mnet does not even distribute YGE MVs anymore, now is SBS.

• Imo, I doubt BH will have a say in the control of YG plus. It is BH who approached YG plus for the deal. YGE is not stupid to give BH some level of control over YG plus.

Yes, BH will, it's a joint partnership where BH owns part of YGplus. 18% is a large stake. They'll have lots of say. Those shares are from those owned by YGE and the brothers.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I edited it , so you can see the diagram.

Is more like a WIN-WIN for NAVER than anything else.

Remember NAVER is the 2nd shareholder in YGE had invested in BIGHIT subsidiary and the subsidiary in YGPLUS, so is just a parnetship between the 3 of them.

YGPLUS is looking for expanding for other companies as well, so this just a trial for them to invite other companies to use their distribution company

BH doesn't need to be involved in any deal that isn't favorable to them. This is something that BH and Naver worked out and YG+ is just kind of the pawn in the deal bc they need the money

The OP is a funny theory tho, i'll give you that

• Yes, BH will, it's a joint partnership where BH owns part of YGplus. 18% is a large stake. They'll have lots of say. Those shares are from those owned by YGE and the brothers.

YGPLUS is owned by YGE and NAVER as a whole.

They corrected the info amd said that is from YMS not YHS, 18% does not giv ethem the control of the company considering the other

Are in NAVER & YGE (YHS) control, and it explained is for 5 years only.

Similar to what YGE have done before, when they ladt year returned the invesment of a company that did exactly what BH is doing.

• and ikon for kingdom?

i think their relationship improved

but we'll see

Exactly what I said just THIS YEAR they appeared in MNET.

apart from that they have NO business , since they changed the distribution from their MVs.

YGE transfered evrry single business they ahd with them tp SBS, and was finalized last year.

Since last MNET producers have used social media to call on YGE specially TREASURE.

• This thread contains 15 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!