Did GLAM have to flop for BTS to succeed?

• I just remembered GLAM and it made me wonder about what would've happened to their careers if the scandal never happened. I feel like they would've gone on to rival groups like 2NE1 and be considered a legend group in 2nd generation. But, then what would've happened to BTS in this timeline?

Do you think that GLAM had to flop for BTS to succeed?

Now, it's obvious that BTS' success was destined from the start, but I do also think that Bighit depends on them heavily, and that's why they pushed them so hard.

So, if GLAM ended up being the face of Bighit, the group that made them go from nugu to apart of the Big 3, do you think that BTS wouldn't have debuted or would they have just debuted with a completely different concept and message?

20130126_seoulbeats_glam.png

• you never know right? its like the butterfly effect a small change in history can have a big impact on what happens now.

The part I highlighted is key isn't it? IF GLAM blew up then potentially BH wouldn't have had the resources or invested as much into BTS (sorta like a CLC v G-Idle situation) - they might not even have debuted a BG or a completely different BG

Then if you carry that logical train of thought would 2NE1 be as big since it now has competition then that would affect BP and if GLAM blew up would we see Twice being as big as it is since they owned the cute concept early on and if GLAM blew up people may have preferred the GC over cutesy concept. All sorts of possibilities because like I said butterfly effect - we would never know

• I doubt it, because it's one GG and one BG.

But, GLAM hit their scandal in 2014 so it was over for them already then. At that timeBTS still was pretty noobs and did not have much popularity yet. So maybe, I say maybe, the company used some recources and money that was meant for GLAM on BTS instead, because BTS took off the year after. It's just speculaion of cource, but not totally unrealstice either.

If you look at GLAM and who was the song writers to "I like that"
    Writers

BANG SI HYUK

COLE DAVID BRYON

KANG HO WEON

KANG HYO WON

KIM NAM JUN

And look on the writers to BTS "I Need you" (2015)

BANG SI HYUK

KANG HYO WON

KIM NAM JUN

SU BROTHER

Three of the song writers was part of both the songs. My knowledge about BTS is very limited, but I think I Need You was kind of the breakthrough song for them? What if songwriters instead of writing I Need You to BTS have been busy writting a song to GLAM?

I don't think it had any effect, but...... not impossible either.
    GLAM was good, too bad they ended like they did.

• No because Glam wasn't even fully BigHit's; they only did the music and content, they were technically managed by Source. (Bang + the Source founder are very close friends)

Bang PD was always focused on his self-producing boy group and was developing them at the same time as Source developed Glam. Glam debuted in 2012, he'd signed up most of BTS in 2010-2011.

• People are taking this so seriously :smirks: it's just a hypothetical situation, chill. A very small part of me thinks that it could of changed things if GLAM had succeeded. Bighit wasn't a big company and naturally they didn't have a ton of resources to invest into their groups. I was a K-pop fan at the time when GLAM was active and they had what it took to be popular.

Then again, Bighit already planned BTS before GLAM's scandal happened. Pretty sure that BTS debuted before it even took place. It's just that GLAM was inactive at that period. I don't think Bighit would of debuted two groups if they hadn't been confident in their ability to help each group become successful respectively. It's just that Dahee screwed it all up.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!