"Aespa is copying Blackpink" RANT

• Aespa is copying Blackpink because they are talented, beautiful, successful, eat, drink, have weight and height, take up space, breathe, blink, etc. Like seriously...I can't...

:angryr:

There is nothing aespa is doing that Blackpink is doing other than being complete queens, existing and being human, and being idols, etc. the obvious stuff that should never be argued about. There are almost no similarities between them. You guys got to figure out that not every KPOP 4 member girl group that does a girl crush concept is Blackpink. It's like saying that Blackpink copied 2NE1. You guys need to chill with that...they don't even have similar music releases!

Blackpink, a lot of their songs are more about love and relationship. That also includes breaking up with them. Boombayah, Whistle, Playing with Fire, As if It's Your Last are all about love in the moment. DDDD is more badass than anything with exception of Boombayah. Stay, Kill this Love, How You Like That, and Lovesick Girls are more about breakups while Stay is more I want you back.

Aespa however, they have a virtual sci-fi concept still following the girl crush concept. I honestly think their concept is more this than girl crush. I feel like for aespa, their main concept is sci-fi but they take on the girl crush form rather than cute or something. I feel like it's a lot different than Blackpink's concept. Blackpink is said to do different things with each cb while aespa follows a linear storyline that grows with the cbs and other releases. It's almost like a movie series or a show series for aespa.

Also, like someone said in the other thread, I don't see any ae-Blackpink... :pepe-hehe:

Sorry, this prob didn't make any sense but I thought I should get it out there because I'm tired of seeing it. They're both amazing <3

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• 100% agreed. It baffles me how people can say Aespa are copying Blackpink. Their songs are so different, and the virtual reality concept is nothing like any concept BLackpink have done. It’s like people have decided every group who isn’t doing cute songs must be copying Blackpink, it’s ridiculous.

Not only is it unfair on the groups being accused, it also brings hate back onto Blackpink themselves. The only thing similar is that Jennie and Ning Ning look a bit alike :-D

• the only comparisons i've seen have nothing to do with the music/concept, some people think the way SM is promoting Aespa is kinda reminiscent of BP, i.e. luxury brand deals, and trying to create an "exclusive/mysterious" image by not sending them on many variety or promotional shows.

not saying i agree or disagree with this assessment, just giving more context to the comparisons

[+808,8] Jennie wears high heels larger than your oppa's dick, sit down

Animated GIFAnimated GIF

• yes. they sound completely different

• the only comparisons i've seen have nothing to do with the music/concept, some people think the way SM is promoting Aespa is kinda reminiscent of BP, i.e. luxury brand deals, and trying to create an "exclusive/mysterious" image by not sending them on many variety or promotional shows.

not saying i agree or disagree with this assessment, just giving more context to the comparisons

exactly it's mostly how they are marketed like they might give bp vibes in that sense but concept wise and stuff they are very different.

• I hope Aespa's team goes in the right music direction (mostly the singing route) and that will distance the group from the competition and better carve out the group's lane.

I don't think there is a newer girl gen. group out there with all capable singers. That's a strength to flex because SME is probably the only BIG-3 agency with two groups already in this special tier.

• People are so binary, while reality is fluid. Not black and white, but multi-color.

Aespa will have similarities with various groups, from a BP (4 members, fashion girl crush) to K/DA (virtual characters, gaming themes, crossmedia) to other SM groups (vocals, harmonisation, certain looks & styles, in-built experimentalism and versatility, variety presence/talent), and Aespa will have differences from all those groups where they distinguish themselves from them.

Some people will focus (only) on the similarities, while ignoring the differences.

Other people will focus (only) on the differences, while ignoring the similarities.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter and it's too trivial to fuss about it or to argue with selective tunnelvision people. Because Aespa will have its own identity, that will include both the similarities with and differences from other groups :wellr:

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• Not only Blackpink but BTS too. SM try to stole audience that dominate by BTS and Blackpink by selling similar products. Just basic marketing strategy JYP also try it too.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!