Controversial opinion incoming #9

• Why do people like to act as if their faves achievement is theirs?

Like erm ... newsflash, their achievements are theirs, not yours. Yes it's ok to boast about your faves achievements but having some superiority complex just because your faves are more successful than other artists? Weird if you ask me.

Or especially when people get into arguments with other users, and when they have a disagreement they go on to bash their faves and act like their faves are superior and I'm like wait ... where's the link? Like you have a disagreement, and then proceeds to bash other people's faves, and wave your faves in the air like because they are more successful and act like you are the successful one like hello their achievements are not your achievements. You be like "but where are your faves on the charts" or "your faves never amount to anything" like huh? Not as if you are the successful one.

kthxbye

• Of course it's not our achievment but fans help get them there by streaming and just supporting. I don't agree with taking their awards as mine but we all know that if no one streamed or had such commitment then kpop would be a lot different than it is now

Crazy though, thinking about how if the 1st and 2nd gen didn't go the way it did, how different kpop would be

• Of course it's not our achievment but fans help get them there by streaming and just supporting. I don't agree with taking their awards as mine but we all know that if no one streamed or had such commitment then kpop would be a lot different than it is now

Crazy though, thinking about how if the 1st and 2nd gen didn't go the way it did, how different kpop would be

groups become successful because of their talent and personality and after that is where fans come. I dont know about you but I dont stream or listen to song if its bad or artist is not good. I dont think i will ever think they get achievement just because of fans. They themselves are solely the reason fans gets attracted.

Even if they are. they don’t deserve to bash other groups with those achievements.

• groups become successful because of their talent and personality and after that is where fans come. I dont know about you but I dont stream or listen to song if its bad or artist is not good. I dont think i will ever think they get achievement just because of fans. They themselves are solely the reason fans gets attracted.

Even if they are. they don’t deserve to bash other groups with those achievements.

Nope, I don't listen to music I don't like even if it's from my ultimate favorites

And of course you can't be mean or rude to other fans, I didn't mean that

I just meant that I think fans have a valid reason to be a little proud but not of themselves, the artists and what they achieve isn't for the fans

• Official Post

I've seen this question a million times before on this forum

and fans do play a part in the artist making the achievements with their support

there are cases where fans help promote the artist better than the label

so if they choose to celebrate it then that should be completely okay

what seems to upset people are the comparisons

that is what it all boils down to - comparisons

that hatred for having our faves compared based on their amount of success

and so people often conclude that achievements should not be celebrated at all and that it is shameful for a fan to do so

But fans don't only compare artists based on their success

if I use your logic :

Fans have more influence on their faves achievements than their faves music

so why do fans act superior when comparing music ??

when they play zero part in it

it's not even their music after all

see?

• i like and agree with this post.

I remember I used to be worried about EXO album sales, or digitals etc. Their obsession album didnt sell 1 million, and i was dissapointed. But in the long run, i realised it didnt effect me in any way whatsoever.

Its ok to be dissapointed about less acheivements, but not devestated or extrmely angry about these stuff on the long term. Not worth it tbh.

Not caring about achievements makes the kpop experience more relaxing and enjoyable.

Edit: being interested and obsessed are two different things. I admit im very interested in the sales and digitals of EXO. But even if they underperform, im not going to be super angry and start bashing other groups etc. Because its not the end of the world if they underperform.

• Like in sports.

If the team wins, we won!

If the team loses, they lost!

• I think it's fine to be proud of achievements. Like, US ARMY ( and ARMY in generally ) really pulled through with the Butter come back, it's worth mentionning and hyping.

Fans achievements do exists. They aren't the same as group achievements, but I think it's ok to celebrate them.

I agree that the 'I don't like you so I will drag your faves' is stupid though. It's not because an asshole is part of a specific fandom that this means that the group are assholes too. It doesn't check out, lol.

• I might get happy that my faves do well blah and blah and blah. But at the end of the day when I sleep on my bed and think about things, well getting #1 on melon chart won't get me a job. Its a temporary happy moment from which I will never be benefited. No matter how many times I try to defend my faves there will still be handful of those who might disagree because preferences.

• Totally agree, so weird when they start bashing their faves, I would never do that, I just insult their mothers.

As a person who plays alot of online games i don't even think those as am insult anymore coz i already hear those things since like 7th grade from Call of duty / CSounter strike matchmaking and it don't affect me anymore.

I call it Tier 0 insult coz at that point don't even start coz pretty sure nobody is affected by it unless they heard it for the first time which i've never seen before.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!