Controversial opinion incoming #5

• This isn't directed to anyone or any incident in particular.

I feel like regardless of whether you are young or old, you have to be responsible for whatever bullshit you type or say online. A lot of times young people say dumb stuff and then it backfired, and they give the excuse that they were young and I'm like ????

Bitch doesn't mean that you are young, you can say dumb and stupid stuff and get away because you are young. You don't get to play the "I was only 14 that time I was young and immature" because if you don't take responsibility for the nonsense you post on social media, face it you shouldn't be allowed to have social media.

Like of course it would also be unfair for people to harp on your past nonsense when you are older now, like it is unfair for people to say like "you did this when you were young" when you have already grown and mention it again and again. But if someone called you out for it, just apologise and move on, but don't use the "I was young at that time" card as a ticket to get out of every stupid shit you ever done.

• I honestly don't get why a lot of people say that the specific age 18 is when you are mature enough either. Like a racist 17 year old is gonna suddenly turn into someone mature and wise once they are 18 or what?? Why do people act like something special happens at that age??? My opinions are the same ever since I remember myself existing for the most part. I became an atheist at age 13 and nothing really changed afterwards. Teens are old enough to be responsible for the shit which they say.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I honestly don't get why a lot of people say that the specific age 18 is when you are mature enough either. Like a racist 17 year old is gonna suddenly turn into someone mature and wise once they are 18 or what?? Why do people act like something special happens at that age??? My opinions are the same ever since I remember myself existing for the most part. I became an atheist at age 13 and nothing really changed afterwards. Teens are old enough to be responsible for the shit which they say.

They think they when you are 18 suddenly this Ray of Light will shine on you and give you some spiritual enlightenment to be a more mature person

• I don’t think it matters how old we are, everyone needs to think first before they post. It’s easy to be powerful behind a keyboard, but words can wound and once something is posted for all to see it can’t be removed. That applies to any form of social media. I always try to be mindful of what I post. Either post something positive or not at all.

• I'm almost 19 and I have 0 social media, these kids do NOT need insta and twitter for their lives to go on. Other than the fact that all the embarrassing shit these kids say is archived, I wish parents would realize that they're opening doors for pedos and bad influences to just waltz into their children's lives.

Last time I play outside with friends, today kids plays with Ipads

:cryingr::cryingr::cryingr::cryingr:

• exactly! We have to take responsibility for our actions, or we’ll never grow. It’s so important to learn that your actions will have consequences, whether that’s good or bad is up to you and those impacted to decide. However, it’s so SO SO crucial to understand the gravity of the things you say and to not carelessly throw around your words.

anyone and everyone can be impacted from one word..

EN-: jungwon | heeseung | jay | jake | sunghoon | sunoo | ni-ki

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• They think they when you are 18 suddenly this Ray of Light will shine on you and give you some spiritual enlightenment to be a more mature person

straight facts

and ngl some people are more mature than 'normal' at their age

people tell me i act more mature than 13, so if i posted something problematic then 3 years later someone found it and exposed me, would i be able to defend myself with 'i was just 13'? no, because i've been developing a mature mindset and it shouldn't be good to use age as an excuse

vv sorry about the rant

I know it's real, I can feel it

• In this forum kids really say things that I consider disgusting and problematic... I had some debates with several users :clown: , but it was never bc i said something offensive to the users, it was bc i have my opinion and then someone quoted me with super low and disrespectful words.. it's always like this so I obviously defend myself but the funny thing is that sometimes I will go on their profile to see their age and majority is 14 ~ 17 yo .... Imagine thinking your age justify your behavior, but when you are called out you just use the age excuse :clown: . Oh please, i don't have the time to see the age of users here... If they are disrespectful to me I will quote back. Nothing more, nothing less.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!