ROSÉ: The world’s potential biggest pop star and it-girl

• I’m just so proud of this woman, and really feel like she has the potential to be one of the biggest pop stars of all time. Let’s discuss.

Rosé

10149D5E-2788-4EBB-91B8-A51FE8958726.jpeg

- The most viewed MV in 24 hours from a Korean Solo Woman in history (OTG 41.6M) as well as 4th most (Gone 14.7M)

- Debuted #1 on Billboard Global 200 as well as #1 on Billboard Global 200 excluding US (OTG)

- Debuted #70 on the Billboard Hot100, the highest ever for a korean solo woman (no radio or us promo) (OTG)

- Debuted #2 on Billboard Emerging Artists Chart (highest ever for a korean solo woman)

- Debuted in Spotify Global Top 50 at #8 (OTG) and #11 (Gone)

- Debuted at #86 on the Billboard Artist 100 (the highest ever and first for a Korean Solo Woman)

- The global ambassador of Yves Saint Laurent

- The muse of Yves Saint Laurent Beauté

- The global ambassador of Tiffany and Co.

- 40M+ followers on Instagram

- 780K+ followers on Spotify

- 14M+ followers on TikTok

5B539144-C1F1-4E91-A54D-98906C0BE53F.jpg

She’s tall with a models body, success dripping from her, musical skills all over the place including singing, writing, and playing guitar. not to mention the sweet aussie accent and speaking multiple languages, her reach on sns, the it-girl factor, etc.

she’s got it all, and I really think she has the potential to be the next global pop star! especially in places like the US. and I’m not just saying that as a fan, either.

Out of all idols, I think Taehyung, Jimin, Jungkook, and Rosé currently have the biggest potential for dominating as a solo pop star (excluding 4th gen because it’s too early to say for any of them)

I’m excited to see what the future holds for her. (counting down the days until she leaves yg :froghype:)

• Rosé's future will be brighter than her own voice :pepe-sad:

her potential is really limitless

she has it all, and is considered good in every market or place in the world. she’s marketable, versatile, talented, etc.

• be one of the biggest pop stars of all time.

So in this case, charts mean nothing, only time will say it. Only few songs & artist goes through the time.

And when i say through the time, that's doesn't mean 5 months old or 5 years old. A song like "Thriller" is still a BOP after 40 years old.

So for me it's really hard to speak about this.

But i think she'll try to get a solo career overseas, like USA or other native english speaker country.

• Not even 5 years, 2-3 years from now on we'll see her world domination, I just hope that YG plays its card right then she's all set to become one of the biggest soloist dominating in the West. Manifesting it. :pepelove2:

my assumption is that none of the bp girls will be able to reach their full potential while still in yg, since they’re so dead set on sabotaging them

but after 2023, she’ll be in a different label (or even make one herself since she has the brains, resources, and fans. much smaller soloists have done so and been successful) and be promoted fully. everywhere in the world will know rosies name :pepe-toast:

• i definitely think she has the potential for it. even being limited as she is now, she’s done so much and you can see the potential brimming. and she’s still in her early 20’s.

i can see it happening for sure

• All of bp members have potential to be world class it girls/popstars. But as a fan I would hope she won't leave bp and yg. And do that us career thing that cl did. Their strength lies together.

• i definitely think she has the potential for it. even being limited as she is now, she’s done so much and you can see the potential brimming. and she’s still in her early 20’s.

i can see it happening for sure

That's mean nothing, like i tell you only few songs & artist goes through the time. And it's impossible to tell who.

Did you know this song ?

Probably not, and this song was the #1 on Bilboard in 1975.

If i say "Van gogh", "Edgar Allan Poe", "Lovecraft" you know these artist name, but when these people was alive, they're what we call now : "Flop".

It's impossible to tell who will be successfull through the time. I'm not saying that to belittle Rosé, but just for say we can't predict the popularity of artist through the time. Something popular now, can be forgotten in some years, and somethings you never heard about can become the biggest masterpiece ever in some years too.

If Rosé can be popular during his lifetime during his career, it's already huge :pepelove2:

• I believe what the OP was saying is Rosé has a lot of potential to become the biggest pop star. She has the potential.

• I agree.

Rosé is full of potential.

Her 2 English songs debuted at Top 10 in Melon.

OTG is still on charts showing decent longevity.

She is actually a digimon in the making in SK.

Internationally, she is doing better.

OTG would have gotten higher placement in Billboard Hot 100 if YG took advantage of its potential. It has a huge potential to have been a bigger hit. But damn. YG was just so stupid to let it go.

I just wish for Rosé to reach her full potential. I don't want that talent, charisma, and musicianship to go to waste.

• She's not even my bias obviously but i aint gonna disagree...just a consummate professional, she always gives the same energy in every live performance i've seen, with that unique voice, perfectly fluent in Korean and English, main dancer skills that rival Lisa, and someone who actually engages with Blinks on SM... I used to think only Lisa could be the It Girl of BP globally but i think Rose has reached that pinnacle as well.

• All of bp members have potential to be world class it girls/popstars. But as a fan I would hope she won't leave bp and yg. And do that us career thing that cl did. Their strength lies together.

As much as I love Rosé and want to see more solo songs from her, I agree with this ^

I hope she continues to get the opportunities to grow as a soloist while remaining in Blackpink

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!