Everglow are popular in Korea

• it's not like no one came...

it's not like there weren't any fans waiting...

look, no matter what forums in SK say there are people in Korea that love Everglow, and who cares it isn't general public.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Tell them to stream their song then

In all seriousness, Everglow are not nugu in Korea. I think people forget the meaning of true nugu, you wouldn't even know their name if they were.

• that's a bit harsh my friend...

but do we really know that they don't make any money?

No idea, just a guess from me.

They have nothing going for them so far besides MV views, but even there yuehua is known to buy 30-50m ad views for every MV.

Besides that:

- no digitals

- no concerts

- okayish album sales

- no standout members

- no big cfs

- expensive music videos

Maybe they can generate a lot of money from China, but I don't follow chinese entertainment at all.

• i was looking more at the gfriend part but the same can apply to eg as well

but then again nothing that you've said about eg above is inherently wrong lol

• Korean digitals pay 1/4 - 1/5 of what Spotify or Apple pays. Having good digitals in Korea doesn't mean much in terms of revenuebut charting and media exposure.

Everglow's music videos may look expensive but I don't believe they are. Everglow's sets are very simple. What makes their music videos look expensive is the well thought out planning and incorporation of CGIs (Now a days, CGI is fairly cheap)

That said, I also think Everglow isn't too much money, but I believe they are still making some.

✧ "Got no time for haters 모두 다 집어치워 버려" ✧

• Korean digitals pay 1/4 - 1/5 of what Spotify or Apple pays. Having good digitals in Korea doesn't mean much in terms of revenuebut charting and media exposure.

Everglow's music videos may look expensive but I don't believe they are. Everglow's sets are very simple. What makes their music videos look expensive is the well thought out planning and incorporation of CGIs (Now a days, CGI is fairly cheap)

That said, I also think Everglow isn't too much money, but I believe they are still making some.

Having good digitals in Korea in and of itself doesn't pay much, but that's not the point. The point is, good digitals can lead to a slew of OTHER things, some of which being:

1 - CFs - This is the most important. CFs are actually the #2 or #3 source of income for kpop groups. CF contracts will usually pay the artist more than the company too, so it's money in the artist's pocket.

2 - Festivals - Not sure how it is post-pandemic, but pre-pandemic, music festivals are a HUGE source of income for singers in general. And if you have higher digitals, not only will you get invited to more functions, but you'll also get paid more. If you get invited to perform at the annual fests of the SKY universities, your income is made for the rest of the year lol. Yonsei's Akirara pays upwards of 1 million for an artist's appearance and they only invite top performing digital stars. BtoB and Sistar have made a career on festival performances.

3 - Variety show - The more popular the variety show, the higher the appearance fee. High digitals mean you'll get to appear on the best variety shows in Korea.

• I agree with you to a certain extent.

Sihyeon was on a commercial once but she probably didn't make too much. The thing is... Everglow isn't going to get exposure like other groups because they are from a Chinese company. So it's kinda useless to promote them in Korea...

A lot of xenophobia amongst the antis hindering Everglow's growth.

Their goal should be marketing outside of Korea. Where they can gain more popularity. I know for a fact, if Everglow can gain immense popularity internationally, Korea will end up following suit.

Korea takes pride in their nation but they also worship international hype. For example, If it wasn't for BTS's international exposure, BTS wouldn't have been the biggest BG in Korea, it'll still be EXO.

✧ "Got no time for haters 모두 다 집어치워 버려" ✧

• I think Everglow brought a lot of it upon themselves with Yiren's statements and China's outcry about them performing in the military.

Right, but from what the Korean members have said, they really want Everglow to be popular in Korea. Right now, all Everglow is known for in Korea is China hate and plagiarism.

• They don't really make any profit though. Kinda like Gfriend.

I can't take this seriously but Gfriend released 5 hits in Korea 2 of which were national hits. They are by far more famous than Everglow in Korea.

Fame in Korea has to do with how a group is charting on top 100, and Everglow is not doing impressive objectively. If your arguments is gonna be fans surrounding the group in a special event, I remember CLC and Berry Good being surrounded by their fans multiple times. Who cares though? They are big enough internationally to keep the group going.

• External Content youtu.be

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!