Isn’t sakura popular in korea?

• tbf which foreigners are ranking high on Brand Rep right now aside from Lisa and the GIDLE foreign line?

The whole "right now" is because of lack of major comebacks etc. anyone who follows individual brand rep rank knows how it works, for example in the top 10 we have 3 girls which are MC's in music tv shows, and we have three girls which have been very active in tv variety shows.

Besides that in top 30 you mostly have members of Blackpink, (G)I-DLE, IZ*ONE, aespa, Girls' Generation (members active as soloists/actresses). You can also see Red Velvet members - still, probably impact of gapjil + re-union as ot5 on SM Town concert.

Another example is Jeongyeon which ranked 29 if I remember well but why she ranked at this place? Just because she finally appeared with TWICE, and she posted selca on Instagram. This made people in Korea talk about her more etc.

Recently it's very easy to "decipher" individual brand rep rank, there are no major surprises in high places, well not even in top 20-30.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I can see you follow the brand rep ranking quite closely. So what’s your take on sakura’s ranking? Iirc she ranked even lower than nako and below every korean members

• I can see you follow the brand rep ranking quite closely. So what’s your take on sakura’s ranking? Iirc she ranked even lower than nako and below every korean members

I would suggest watching this, guy there who clearly knows a lot of idols says that he saw Sakura for the first time, but he admitted that she is very pretty and in this "mini-game" she really went far. So I think she is overshadowed by other members, and also the whole "Gamer Girl" hype went down fast.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Anything remarkable she has? Visual, singing, dancing or variety show skills? I see she improved her dancing and korean a lot. But they are not outstanding.

She was popular among the 101 trainees, I can’t believe she can’t stand out among another 11 members?

• Well Korea is heavily anti Japanese-they are by far Korea's least loved neighbor so any Japanese idol attaining popularity is hard, in fact it's hard for any foreigner, but Japanese in particular especially in recent times.

Now combine that with the scandal the group got into, the lack of solo work the members are given, her lacking Korean skills and overall lack of time to shine on variety, etc than you can think it would be more strange if she was popular with Koreans.

• Well Korea is heavily anti Japanese-they are by far Korea's least loved neighbor so any Japanese idol attaining popularity is hard, in fact it's hard for any foreigner, but Japanese in particular especially in recent times.

Now combine that with the scandal the group got into, the lack of solo work the members are given, her lacking Korean skills and overall lack of time to shine on variety, etc than you can think it would be more strange if she was popular with Koreans.

You re korean

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!