AKMU renewed their contract with YG Entertainment!

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Actually quite surprised they renewed but super happy love their music and YG does give them freedom to do what they want.

• Chanhyuk said,

"YG reliably supported us in the past 7 years while SUHYUN never thought of leaving YG."

Suhyun said,

"We will stay until we retire from music."

YGE said,

"Although they are still young they are deeply thoughtful and very mature. All of YG's executives and employees were greatly moved by the news of AKMU's long-term renewal. We will not spare more support for AKMU in the future, and will do its best to help them grow as an artist. The long-term renewal of the contract is concluded based on the mutual trust relationship."

It's most likely a 5 year contract which follows the trend. Initial YG contracts are 7 years and renewals are 5 year.

This makes sense. With the new building and everything at YG they have enormous resources. Chanhyuk has written and produced for other YG artists lately and he has a good relationship with YG. He went to see YG when he had a rare break while serving in the marines.

Suhyun has a good relationship with lots of YG artists and actually a pretty big fan of other YG artists.

In short, they seem happy.

Per reports

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

Edited 2 times, last by Blue2012 ().

• Akmu has been given quite the freedom with their art and as their music is reliant on themselves YG's resources definitely can provide them with more opportunities

• 5 years :?: That's a long time

:!: :!: :!:

In the K-music world it isn't. SM used to have (still does?) 10 year contracts.

YG is known in the industry of having the fairest and most-lucrative contracts for artists.

It's why they have probably the most-impressive actor roster in the industry, one of the biggest actors in the industry just renewed with YG last week.

Actors are seen as more well-known and A-list than idols in Korea. So they have their pick of agencies.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• WINNER - 2021

iKON - 2022

BLACKPINK - 2023

Initial contracts are always 7 years at YG.

So, I'm gonna have to continue to worry for these 3 years.. :cryingk:

• I think she meant that 5 years is long for renewed contract because many idols have renewed for 3 more years after their 1st contract ended.

• I think she meant that 5 years is long for renewed contract because many idols have renewed for 3 more years after their 1st contract ended.

YG has a history of letting artists out of contracts if they want. Taehyun was allowed out of his contract after YG and his parents thought it was best due to his mental health and anxiety. Idol life wasn't for him. And he wanted to try different things musically than what he was doing with WINNER.

CL was let out of her contract after just renewing in 2015-2016.

YG has never been sued by artists like some labels.

YG Family

1080x360

• YG has a history of letting artists out of contracts if they want. Taehyun was allowed out of his contract after YG and his parents thought it was best due to his mental health and anxiety. Idol life wasn't for him. And he wanted to try different things musically than what he was doing with WINNER.

CL was let out of her contract after just renewing in 2015-2016.

YG has never been sued by artists like some labels.

they are pure assholes to nugu companies though. Mix9 was such a mess

• they are pure assholes to nugu companies though. Mix9 was such a mess

Actually what YG was asking for was asking less of them than what PD101 was asking the labels of their participants. And the other labels actually agreed to YG's terms, but Happy Face was the holdout and wrecked the whole thing.

So no, that's not correct.

YG Family

1080x360

• Actually what YG was asking for was asking less of them than what PD101 was asking the labels of their participants. And the other labels actually agreed to YG's terms, but Happy Face was the holdout and wrecked the whole thing.

So no, that's not correct.

Can anyone tell me the entire story of mixnine fiasco?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!