Posts by eeddee

I like it. I think this song would be great concert song.

Aespa has been killing with the OST lately their Pokemon opening was also great.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

No. Companies still gets much more profits form music sales and also merch sales is a big thing.

Companies gets much bigger share of profits from music sales and merch sales than idols while CFs deals on the other hand are one of the activities idols usually gets the bigger share.

For example NCT Dream who sell like 2 million copies per album. Now imagine if SM get 3 USD profit per album sold that would mean just from that 1 album SM would have earned 6 million USD profit.

While from CFs deals if you didn't know SM contract was released to public back in 2009 and that of course included the profit distribution part and it said in Korea SM idols get 65% of the profit from CF deals while SM gets 35%. Of course that was 14 years ago so who knows if it is still like that but it is the best we got.

I have no idea how much NCT Dream would get paid for a CF deal but lets just say 1 billion won which most likely is overestimation because I heard that is what some top highest in demand Korean celebs get paid.

That is about 760k USD SM share of that would be the 35% which 266k USD.

In order SM to earn as much money from NCT Dream CFs deals than they earn from just 1 NCT Dream album NCT Dream would have to have 23 1 billion won CFs deals.

I like it more than Zimzalabim, Umpah Umpah and Power Up

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Does anyone know how much rv has done till now on Spotify?

I was also curious but the only thing I could find was this tweet that said on May 10th that Red Velvet has gained over 240 million streams this year. So according to RVSpotify account they should have been in the top 10.

Anyways Red Velvet is doing pretty Ok since a year ago they had just 1 billion total streams on Spotify so they have doubled their total streams in the past year.

External Content twitter.com

Yeah they have sold around 1.3 - 1.4 million total. I guess the reason why some people are surprised is because they don't realize how popular T-ara was in Japan. Almost half of their total album sales are Japanese sales.

but anyway that pic seems to be little outdated. I mean Red Velvet total sales are now around 2.7 million and they should be ahead of Fin.K.L little bit behind Izone. Also Itzy should be ahead of T-ara.

Interesting. So it seems like you're saying that, at least for SM, the trophies belong to the company, not the artist.

Now this begs the question: when SM decides to give trophies to SNSD members, how is it decided which member gets which trophies?

I have absolutely no idea how that works in SM or in any other company.

I always just assumed that the companies kept all the group awards to themselves.

You know to show off how successful they are like look everyone the groups we created have won all these awards. So I was actually kinda surprised to see that Sunny had multiple SNSD awards at her home.

I guess that the companies might give group awards to the members when they can give all of them awards and still have a lot left for themselves to show off.

I also wonder how do they divide the awards maybe they just ask the members what awards you would like and members would ask other members are you ok if I have that award etc..

This makes me wonder how artists with large numbers of trophies display them.

For example, Twice has 119 music show wins (the most of any girl group), so I imagine that all those trophies can't all be displayed simultaneously.

At least when it comes to SM they have displayed a lot of their artists awards in the SM museum and also have some displayed in their office.

They also give some awards to their artists. When SNSD Sunny was showing her apartment one of her self had a few SNSD music show awards also 2 SNSD Golden Disk awards which is bigger once a year held award show.

I don't see how this was colorist or in any way problematic.

BoA said her first impression was that Hyoyeon was really tan.

Why is that colorist or problematic? She didn't say anything negative about it.

She just stated a fact because back then when Hyoyeon got into SM the truth is she was really tan.

Like Hyoyeon herself has said she was one of those kids who spend all their time outside playing around.

Also like one earlier commentator mentioned the expression BoA used was "getting a tan" after being in the sun for a long time, or after coming back from a beach vacation.

So Boa wasn't talking about Hyoyeon natural skin complexion but Hyoyeon being really tan after she had probably spend whole summer outside.

Also all of them laughing about it in my opinion was just because that it is a funny/silly thing to remember as a first impression after 20+ years.

there must be some mistranslations here because

at first it seems like they know each other for many years that he hold her hand

but then it seems like she is with him for about a year and met him through acquaitance

The way I understood that was that she was talking about her fans first then she says she has a boyfriend whom she met last year etc..

Oh is that so? I'm confused now...I'll change it to first medal for sk

Yep it's bronze my bad

Yeah I watched the event. The gold and silver went to Dutch skaters while he was 3rd.

Here is the results:

Speed skating at the 2022 Winter Olympics – Men's 1500 metres - Wikipedia