AKMU renewed their contract with YG Entertainment!

• If Winner renew this year then I have to give serious props to Hwang Bo Kyung the new CEO

Yeah, she's worked her way up in YG and has been there since YG's beginning. In fact, many of the YG subsidiaries that are successful are headed by female CEOs...YGKPlus, YG Japan and YG Foods.

I think it's very likely they will. Mino has always had good support from YG. I couldn't imagine Yoon would be doing his solo at around the same time his contract is up without the idea of renewing. Hoon is in the military, but he has always talked about YG being his dream, and like Dara at one time, Hoon has a staff role at YG in addition to being an artist. I think he will be a Creative Director at YG, which is a highly coveted role. He can also be a choreographer.

Like Yedam, Jinwoo has been at YG for more than half his life. When he debuted, he had been a trainee the longest out of all YG artists. Jinwoo is also the biggest YG Stan there is.

Anyway, I think it's likely all 3 groups renew.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• Didn't know any of that but cool the more you know :)

How come you know so much?

• Interesting, I thought they might not renew but they do get pretty good treatment at YG, they seem to be the only artist, aside from BB, that get to release music when they want and not when the company allows.

I do hope they didn't renew for long. I once read in a music industry book that is never good for the artist to sign long contracts, simply because they don't know whether those conditions will be the best for them in the future. Its always better to re-negotiate every couple of years than to be binded by a long contract with the exact same conditions you once negotiated.

A good example is Taylor swift, she signed a contract when she was 16 (?) and had to keep those same conditions until she released 6 albums, even if she became a multinational super star, she was binded by the same conditions her 16 year old self had negotiated.

• Yeah, she's worked her way up in YG and has been there since YG's beginning. In fact, many of the YG subsidiaries that are successful are headed by female CEOs...YGKPlus, YG Japan and YG Foods.

Blue2012 so what ur saying is that YG has a bunch of female CEOs but YG ent. Female artists gets treated as an after thought? Not that I’m blaming these female CEOs but what’s up with the company

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!