What's the correlation between agencies encouraging fanservice/shipping with members of the same group, having dating bans, fans insisting their idols are virgins, and idols being uncomfortable to interact normally with the other gender in public?

• K, as an asian, i've done all the things that kpop idols do lmao.

messing around w same sex ppl happens all the time.

me and my friends unironically do the pocky challenge

don't shoot the messenger, I didn't claim what was forced or wasn't, or what was "gay" or not.

protector of the gharqad tree

tumblr_lkl136Bxsg1qbvbvxo1_500.gif

• - on point. also, fans don't want them to be gay, they are extremely offended when someone suggests they might be. they don't want them to be gay, they want them to be gay for each other. for example, if taekook were gay and were in relationships with other men fans would go ballistic. that's not how supposed to be, it's either my ship or none.

- we all know what happened to chen. the betrayal some fans felt. they went that far they wanted him out of the group. so ji sub, a 42 year old man, had to apologize to his fans for getting married. imagine this. idiots.

- sadly, i cannot search the previous forum but there was a sana fan who said he wouldn't know what to do with himself if it was revealed sana was dating. if she is dating he just doesn't want to know, he wants to think he has a chance with her. i don't even know what keywords to use to try finding it on google just to prove to you i'm not talking nonsense.

and no, there are people who legit think idols not having time means they can't be in a relationship/are virgins. on some hwarang clip, the most liked comment (we are talking about thousands) was explanation on why v didn't have a kissing scene, "he wanted to show respect to his fans" LOL. i somehow ended up there again and thankfully, that user grew up and edited the comment, saying she was embarrassed by it. we all love character growth.

- they would like to interact with each other but it is forbidden due to various reasons. remember during ot7 youtube live jhope said to their staff to give the girls from g-idle food, fans went ballistic and bighit had to change the subs. crazy.

i'm sorry this was this long :(

• people who never seen fans going crazy about idols being virgin are so lucky I had to hear it so much like

"OPPA FOR SURE NEVER TOUCHED A WOMAN OPPAR IS SCARED OF WOMEN OPPAR IS VIRGIN AND"

ah you get the picture

I guess this was more common in the 2 gen? But yeah all this "scared of women" is just a silly joke that people take way too srsly back in the days LOL today the same thing happens but with a different fantasy scenario

• They encourage fan service and shipping members together because it still means they “belong” to the fans - since fans Stan them both as part of a group, so them showing love to each other removes chances of them being involved with someone else (they don’t take the ship serious basically)

Also it makes (the deluded) homosexual fans feel relatable to them so they love it, and it makes (deluded) straight fans feel safe that they aren’t out getting with girls (lmao)

Dating bans

- if enforced, to make the artist dedicate their life to the company

- if not - just a facade to put up to delusional fans and keep them happy making them think they wouldn’t dare date (lmaoooooooooo)

Both of these reasons, all due to fans. make interactions awkward for the idols

Literally idols from the same god damn COMPANY and GENERATION having to act like they don’t know each other when they clearly do... like come on... they’ve literally trained together and probably some romantic situations have occurred-and won’t even react to their performances or even glance at each other because they don’t want crazy fans to kick up a fuss and ship them and send them both hate

- although idols following these rules are the reason fans even get to this point, it’s literally enabling this delusional behaviour for coin

I could imagine it’s freaking awkward is for when the ships get too much between members and they start to feel like they aren’t even living their own lives anymore because people are talking about their interactions and making compilations of how they are a legit couple

That’s fuckin awkward man

BASICALLY THE CORRELATION IS

- make idols look as accessible to these deluded fans as they possibly can to drain them of their money

- to encourage their weird fantasies of members together which everyone seems to love (I don’t get it)

This way fans are always happy, their idol is “single” and all theirs and idols will only show love to their members, who fans also think are accessible to them - some weird polygamous type of parasocial relationship honestly so weird

• OH SH*T :claps::claps::claps:

protector of the gharqad tree

tumblr_lkl136Bxsg1qbvbvxo1_500.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!