Why do Kpop stans want a Group to turn their back on members who had a scandal?

• I see it so often, people get pissed when Groups still seem to support members who are/were involved in a scandal or even left.

What’s wrong with that ? You don’t need to like these people, you had no personal emotional connection with them nor did you went through hardships with them. You canceling someone you think is problematic is up to you, but why should people who know these people better than any of us do the same?

• I see it so often, people get pissed when Groups still seem to support members who are/were involved in a scandal or even left.

What’s wrong with that ? You don’t need to like these people, you had no personal emotional connection with them nor did you went through hardships with them. You canceling someone you think is problematic is up to you, but why should people who know these people better than any of us do the same?

right.

bc in the end its not up to us if the member should stay or not, yea we can ate/dislike them but its not our choice to tell the group "u should kick [name] bc he was involved in such and such"

• right.

bc in the end its not up to us if the member should stay or not, yea we can ate/dislike them but its not our choice to tell the group "u should kick [name] bc he was involved in such and such"

True it’s up to them to decide if keeping a member or not will help the group or not. I accept whatever they decide cause I can understand both decisions.

• Well, it's stupid but it's actually consistent with the way stans see their faves. Everytime they say things like "the company should add this member, or they should drop this member" I'm like dude, a group is a not a toy for you to play with. A group is made of real people whose lives can't be reduced to catering to your sole desires.

• Depends on the scandal I guess.

Monstax members support the member who left and it's fine I guess.

Same with exo, the reasons for departure and scandal makes a lot of difference.

Now if it's someone like seungri, it's not wrong to expect the group members to do that.

• Depends what the scandal is

I think it depends on how you support them actually rather than what the scandal is.

If an idol did something so messed up and it’s a clear and confirmed situation, I would find it problematic if friends try to make him look c xD innocent even though everything speaks against it.

But if they acknowledge their friend messed up and has to face the consequences, but stay by their side to help them become a better person, I think that’s what friends are also therefore.

• Depend on scandal

If someone is a bully ( huge issue in korea ) or a criminal, drugist and if they support them, it is pathetic

And most group members know what their members do. So if they support such activities, they r no less

• Depends on the scandal I guess.

Monstax members support the member who left and it's fine I guess.

Same with exo, the reasons for departure and scandal makes a lot of difference.

Now if it's someone like seungri, it's not wrong to expect the group members to do that.

I knew you would bring this up. But why should a Group turn their back on someone who is still in the middle of a trial to prove if he is innocent or guilty?

You drop your friends or people you worked years with over accusations as well?

• Depend on scandal

If someone is a bully ( huge issue in korea ) or a criminal, drugist and if they support them, it is pathetic

And most group members know what their members do. So if they support such activities, they r no less

One close friend of my was caught doing something bad, I only found out after he got arrested.

People can hide things. Even married couples can hide tons of things from each other.

• One close friend of my was caught doing something bad, I only found out after he got arrested.

People can hide things. Even married couples can hide tons of things from each other.

you'r defending an assaulter so idk whether we should take you seriously or not

• people are too invested with the lives of people who they have no relation and know nothing of, do u really think u can judge someone's live who lives far away than u and have no relation with u behind internet? This is just ridiculous to me

I think it’s ok if you’re disappointed in someone you don’t know personally for doing something that goes against your own morals. We all did that! But let those close to these people decide for themself. They definitely know more than what the news reports over them.

• I knew you would bring this up. But why should a Group turn their back on someone who is still in the middle of a trial to prove if he is innocent or guilty?

You drop your friends or people you worked years with over accusations as well?

I had to cause he is the one of the idol who would fit the description along with that ft ILand guy but his group mates doesn't support him so cant really use him as an example.

I won't drop ppl on basis on mere accusations but I would drop them if their actions hurt ppl and it's foolish to think court serves justice. Personal judgement exists and you can drop ppl based on your judgements. If any of my frnds/ colleagues have similar accusations I would drop them and even try to find any evidence to prove it.

• because they feel betrayed, that all their money and effort and time was wasted so they have nothing on return because trashing the merch it's only a loss for them. so they want that idol to feel alone, miserable and they want the closest people (bandmates) to do that to them since they can't. they also hope the bandmates are good and not like the evil traitor because that would feel even worse

• I had to cause he is the one of the idol who would fit the description along with that ft ILand guy but his group mates doesn't support him so cant really use him as an example.

I won't drop ppl on basis on mere accusations but I would drop them if their actions hurt ppl and it's foolish to think court serves justice. Personal judgement exists and you can drop ppl based on your judgements. If any of my frnds/ colleagues have similar accusations I would drop them and even try to find any evidence to prove it.

That F.T Island guy was accused and than charged with gang rape and filming and sharing intimate footage and was part of that Molka Chat along side JJY and both got convicted. He is now facing jail time. This is some heavy case tho, I don’t think anyone would openly voice still supporting any of them and in such cases I even think it’s better.

Seungri did messed up, but where did you guys get information over him from ? I have seen many people claiming things about him that were never reported? Weird

• That F.T Island guy was accused and than charged with gang rape and filming and sharing intimate footage and was part of that Molka Chat along side JJY and both got convicted. He is now facing jail time. This is some heavy case tho, I don’t think anyone would openly voice still supporting any of them and in such cases I even think it’s better.

Seungri did messed up, but where did you guys get information over him from ? I have seen many people claiming things about him that were never reported? Weird

Read the initial reports of the case. I have seen enough cases in my country to understand the gravity of the situation. and from my reading if a person known to me is in place of seungri I would definitely cut them . Also ppl read what they want to read. You can definitely think he is innocent and still support him but there would be ppl who don't believe it cause of their experiences with ppl with power.

• Read the initial reports of the case. I have seen enough cases in my country to understand the gravity of the situation. and from my reading if a person known to me is in place of seungri I would definitely cut them . Also ppl read what they want to read. You can definitely think he is innocent and still support him but there would be ppl who don't believe it cause of their experiences with ppl with power.

Yeah people surely read whatever they wanna read that true lol.

But wait, you would really cut of people just on accusations? Isn’t that a bit to shallow?

• Yeah people surely read whatever they wanna read that true lol.

But wait, you would really cut of people just on accusations? Isn’t that a bit to shallow?

Its not shallow, I said similar or same accusation of the person I mentioned. if the case followed the same pattern I definitely will.

I have some standards for humans and the accusations and case studies go way below that.

• while I would never do something that I would certainly not prevent others who wish to do that from doing it...

we live in a relatively free society so if people want to cancel someone over it it's their choice to rally support for it and if enough people also think that way then it gains traction

that is the court of public opinion

• Depend on scandal

So dumb to think of smokig as sucha huge crime. What kind of drugs are you thinking, exactly? Drug addicts are still people who need help.

• Its not shallow, I said similar or same accusation of the person I mentioned. if the case followed the same pattern I definitely will.

I have some standards for humans and the accusations and case studies go way below that.

You actually already exposed yourself for not knowing anything about this case by saying it follows the same pattern. lol

Anyway it means you’re assuming things solely based on case studies rather than looking at each case individually. I mean you can do that, but it is shallow 🤷🏽‍♀️.

• So dumb to think of smokig as sucha huge crime. What kind of drugs are you thinking, exactly? Drug addicts are still people who need help.

People who deliberately goes into drugs and its illegal btw in many countries

So how is it dumb to follow law? Dumbness is supporting criminals. Maybe we see things differently

Yes they need help after getting into them like idiot

Help them instead of covering it up

Every country has its own law.

• You actually already exposed yourself for not knowing anything about this case by saying it follows the same pattern. lol

Anyway it means you’re assuming things solely based on case studies rather than looking at each case individually. I mean you can do that, but it is shallow 🤷🏽‍♀️.

This shows that u actually didn't read anything I said.

I specified that I don't cut off contact just based on accusations but if someone close to me is accused of same things as seungri and if that close person case follows the same pattern as seungri I will cut them off and the ppl who support thay person.

You learn from experiences and it is normal for human beings to act on that experience. maybe you are young and don't have much life experience, but it is always best to cut negative ppl from life. It's hard to do but its the best.

We don't need ppl who don't treat ppl as humans or use illegal means to possess something or be in contact with ppl who rape/ dehumanise fellow humans.

From what all I read seungri definitely follows in the category.

And I would expect an idol/ or a person I follow to cut contact with such individual. if they do it or not it's their own decision but I would have an expectation from them.

Supporting a member who has done crimes is different than supporting a member who has difference in opinion/ or did a mistake.

• So dumb to think of smokig as sucha huge crime. What kind of drugs are you thinking, exactly? Drug addicts are still people who need help.

This is what happen when feeling morally superior meets lack of emotional intelligence.

Thankfully not everyone thinks that way and drug addicts got the help they need.

• I read what you wrote tho, you said if someone close to you gets accused of something and it follows a certain pattern you would cut them off. This sounds like you will be cutting them off based on accusations and case studies and not because you know they really did what they got accused of. It seems like you wouldn’t even bother to find out the truth or hear that friend/colleague out. You just go by whatever experience you have and use it as a standard to say bye bye to the friendship.

Also we are talking about people you don’t know personally, you only know what you read somewhere. Not everything gets released. Yet those who were close to the accused person might know more than the public and that’s why they still support them.

• I read what you wrote tho, you said if someone close to you gets accused of something and it follows a certain pattern you would cut them off. This sounds like you will be cutting them off based on accusations and case studies and not because you know they really did what they got accused of. It seems like you wouldn’t even bother to find out the truth or hear that friend/colleague out. You just go by whatever experience you have and use it as a standard to say bye bye to the friendship.

Also we are talking about people you don’t know personally, you only know what you read somewhere. Not everything gets released. Yet those who were close to the accused person might know more than the public and that’s why they still support them.

So I get that u didnt understand what I said again. same or similar pattern of his case not some specific pattern I have written in a book.

My world view is not black and white and bi belive there is a lot of power abuse going on.

I don't like to discuss that guy do I always stay out of that particular discussion.

I don't mind how an internet stranger thinks of me, so you can keep thinking I am shallow or assume a lot about me when you know nothing.

While I may not know the guy personally, as I said I read articles from various sources and came to a conclusion, cause u don't belive court and law gives the final justice.

Discussing his case is completely irrelevant to this thread. I answered your question with examples of my choice and I still stand by it.

I don't have any energy to argue with a parrot , so while you can continue to belive and support him and I will continue to judge ppl on my own with my experiences.

• while I would never do something that I would certainly not prevent others who wish to do that from doing it...

we live in a relatively free society so if people want to cancel someone over it it's their choice to rally support for it and if enough people also think that way then it gains traction

that is the court of public opinion

That’s what I’m saying, if you want to cancel someone, go ahead. But don’t expect others who actually really know the person who is involved to do the same and than force a faux morality on them.

• well that's the court of public opinion...whether it's right or wrong depends on the circumstances...

there are also be a lot of cases where the court of public opinion has helped people whether through viral videos supporting a person with medical issues - raising awareness of a problem etc

the issue is ultimately with the people themselves who do or do not do such things...

the internet has given a lot of the power back to the mob so to speak and mob rule whether right or wrong gives the power to the average person

• So I get that u didnt understand what I said again. same or similar pattern of his case not some specific pattern I have written in a book.

My world view is not black and white and bi belive there is a lot of power abuse going on.

Believe me I totally got you. I know that abuse of power exist lol, but I can also see if that must not necessarily be the case. It’s not about his case tho, it’s your world view.

But I could be convinced that my world view is flawed, so what book did you wrote? Maybe it could change my mind .

• well that's the court of public opinion...whether it's right or wrong depends on the circumstances...

there are also be a lot of cases where the court of public opinion has helped people whether through viral videos supporting a person with medical issues - raising awareness of a problem etc

the issue is ultimately with the people themselves who do or do not do such things...

the internet has given a lot of the power back to the mob so to speak and mob rule whether right or wrong gives the power to the average person

True. It goes both ways.

• I think it's horrible for some groups when a member is just forced to leave and the group has to then just keep it moving and act like they never existed. And if that person hasn't mentally or criminally hurt another person I'm fine with their former members still supporting them. For example, that Ikon situation was lame. I hope the guys are all still friends with BI and they should be. The reason he had to leave the group was so stupid.

That being said, OP, just say you'll always support Seungri and go...

Tell'em Bangtan is dancing on the floorImage result for bts dancing gif fire

• This thread contains 35 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!