I listen BTS´s BUTTER since two days but still can not say - is it a good or a bad Song . maybe you could help me

• it is a very very strange song i have ever heard.

i can't say that i didn't like the song, but i can't say that i liked it either.

i can't say that something about the song bothers me, but for me the song doesn't have a hook too.

i tried to sing along and it doesn't work.

I hear it and then forget it immediately after the last note is sung (it is not meant negatively , then I listen again and again, and it ist like fist time listening every time)

i just don't understand the song, it doesn't leave any feelings for me, neither good nor bad.

Is it only me who has this strange experience with this song? Maybe I don't understand something :whatr:

• Can't relate, to be honest.

I think that,

"Step right left to my beat"

Is immensely memorable and catchy, but I might agree that the other parts of the song aren't as memorable.

But I don't think of memorability as being indicative of quality. Plenty of the worst and most annoying songs I've heard are, to my dismay, ridiculously memorable and catchy. And the other way around too.

As for feelings, I gotta be honest, I don't know how someone can listen to this without feeling a massive rush of euphoria. Unless you're like, clinincally depressed or something.

• Why after they disband? I mean, the whole discography?

I think I listened to a couple of songs only. Like, the cheap MV where they dance on a windy hill. And another one more rap heavy that was pretty cool. And that's it. I don't like feeling like I'm jumping on a bandwagon. So when something blows up before I could notice it, I usually ignore it. That's why I say I'll listen to their songs after they disband, just to know what I missed out. In the meantime I'd rather support other artists who need it more. BTS are kinda set for life, I think they're good, they don't need me! I'm not huge on bg's anyway.

• Hey, that video's not cheap at all. The whole idea behind it was to have a music video shot all in one take. I think that's really cool and a breath of fresh air from all the heavily produced and edited videos. The choreography is great; the video does a great job at highlighting that. Everything is raw and expressive. It also happens to be my favorite BTS song, period.

Ah ah! It was not meant to be a diss, just an easy way I came up with to describe the MV with a few words. It worked, you guessed it alright so you prove me wrong! :-D

• I mean, it's the only music video of them "dancing on a hill." It wasn't the "cheap music video" part that made me think of it. ^^

It's a great video and song. Old-school K-pop vibes.

Lol I might have done without the cheap part. :-D It's just I thought that's what made the MV stand out. Only one setting, outdoors, no fancy outfits, no special effects; just a few dudes dancing on a hill. Therefore cheap in the sense that I guess the budget was lower than usual. They didn't go full Marvel Studios with this one is what I mean.

• Lol I might have done without the cheap part. :-D It's just I thought that's what made the MV stand out. Only one setting, outdoors, no fancy outfits, no special effects; just a few dudes dancing on a hill. Therefore cheap in the sense that I guess the budget was lower than usual. They didn't go full Marvel Studios with this one is what I mean.

well not all groups had big money from their companies to spend on their mvs....their I Need U and Run mvs used their own staff as actors as well as their own cars for some scenes. but BTS always made it work when they didnt have the resources they have now

• I can tell you from an unknown producer's viewpoint : it absolutely kills

WHY YOU SHOULDN'T HATE ON IDOLS

1. They are young people trying their best in a competitive industry.

2. You don't know what other pressures they are under, company mistreatment, diet, lack of success, not earning, long hard hours, family problems etc.

3. They have worked for years towards a dream to entertain us and offer it up pretty much free if you factor in streaming, Youtube MVs, reality shows.

4. We all know what can happen in extreme cases, mental health problems and even suicide (Sulli)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!