Only 3 members of GFriend thanked Source - I wonder what will happen to Nu'est.

• On 1683, the Turks besieged the Habsburg capital of Vienna.

Famous generals all around the Europe assembled to fight the Turks, but since all of them wanted to see the Habsburgs fail, they did not bring their best forces.

The King of Poland, Jan Sobieski, brought the best cavalry of the lot, but the other generals, plus the officials at Vienna, feared the Poles to steal the glory if he defeated the turks, so did the best to hinder the Polish efforts.

Despite of that, Sobieski managed to defeat the Turks to lift the siege.

After he returned victorious, other generals and the people at Vienna expected him to thank for their support. Sobieski only gave thanks to God, and did not credit anyone else's efforts.

==

GFriend members wrote their farewell letters, but only Yerin, SinB and Umji thanked Source Music, and not one of them thanked So Sungjin , the former owner of Source.

Sowon, Eunha and Yuju did NOT thank Source Music, which is like saying expletives without opening their mouths.

Basically they are thrown to the streets, and it is said they were contacted by no other agencies. Basically their showbiz lives are over although some of them would become streamers, and Yuju will probably become a staple in the OST industry.

I think the next target would be Nuest.

Seventeen will be retained since Big Hit bought Pledis basically to have someone to cover when BTS members go through their military services. Seventeen has 13 members so they can live through a couple members in the service.

However, Nuest, in its 10th year, might not have the same fate.

Nuest began in 2012 and its members re-signed on 2019, although the duration is not known. It is either 3 or 4 years.

Given Hybe is going to concentrate on acts they developed themselves, I don't see Nuest's contract being renewed, and I think the members will probably prepare for their next stage of life since they already saw what happened to GF, and would be given 4 days of notice to pack their bags.

• painting

King_John_III_Sobieski_Sobieski_sending_Message_of_Victory_to_the_Pope,_after_the_Battle_of_Vienna_111.jpg

by the way Sobieski also send a message to Pope

so maybe GFriend should contact Pope JYP who was accused of being a member of Salvation Cult but he admitted that he only believes in God Jihyo?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• do you think they had stress with each other, or was are only half of the group thanking Source?

And what will Source do with the trademark of GFriend?

Probably don't revive them with new members? To get the royals?

We'll see what will happen

• do you think they had stress with each other, or was are only half of the group thanking Source?

And what will Source do with the trademark of GFriend?

Probably don't revive them with new members? To get the royals?

We'll see what will happen

We don't know, but Hybe will just bury the trademark of GFriend so no one uses it again. It is rare for Korean groups to recycle a popular group's name.

It can be easily guessed that the members who did not thank Source were REALLY upset about what had happened.

• actually only Yuju is Catholic.

since the members are going their separate courses, it is anyone's guess now

• There's a lot to unravel honestly. Did they disband because they were done on a personal level with GFriend? Did the company disband them against their will? Is there any bad blood between the members and the company, or between the members themselves? It's very opaque right now.

Any bad blood will be revealed way later than now.

It appears some members opposed disbanding the group, and some members (like Sowon) were discussing where the next song would be directed just a few days before the announcement.

I don't think anyone will say anything until enough time has passed and it doesn't really matter anymore. For example, even now no one knows for sure why Jay Park was kicked out from 2PM and JYP, but life goes on (no pun intended to the BTS song).That is the rule of game in KPop.

• Any strategic reason to post on the Lounge? Once in a while, it looks like a honest mistake. 2 in a row? That's weird.

The only real conclusion I get from you is you may be SCP-3994 :pepe-tongue:

• lol what's the deal with the SCP references?

Just because. He or she reminds me of that SCP with these weird ass introductions, the "geopolitical" tone, weird obsession with a certain celebrities, random tangents, and tone deaf replies. I might as well throw some weird reference as well to keep the tone :pepe-toilet:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!