i don’t like how sm treats their non korean idols

• it’s hard to explain but sm doesn’t treat their non korean idols equal to their korean ones like how they never allow ningning or giselle to sit or stand in the middle of aespa it’s ALWAYS karina & winter in the middle they do the same thing with chenle & renjun in dream..it seems like they go out of their way to make the non koreans less important in their groups and let’s not even get into how they NEVER give yuta any shine time in nct

• all foreigners get treated like this by korean companies. companies know non-koreans have little rights and priveleges so they take advantage of it

but its the same thing in every country. this is why democrats want to bring more immigrants so they can work on low paying jobs for rich companies

• I mean, i think it depends more on position. Karina is the face of the group and Winter is the visual, so it kinda makes sense they are in the middle.... As for Yuta, hes one member in a 9 person group. To me, his visuals aren't special, nor are his vocals (when compared to Doyoung, Taeil, Haechan, Jaehyun). He's not the most talentless member, but he's definitly not a priority like Jaehyun, Mark, Tae, or the other main vocalist.

As for Dream, idk what your talking about. Chenle and Renjun were 2nd and 3rd for line distribution in Ridin. Not to mention Renjun got the vocals to the killing part/climax of the song.

But i do think foreign members in general get treated worst. That's just the name of the game. Companies rather support Idols they know will live/work in Korea for a long time and that's not always a guarantee with foreign idols.

Honestly, i don't care. Its a group. There will be always more members pushed more than others, ever thinking a kpop group will 100% be fair is naive (because members have different talents/do different things)

• I think it's more nuanced than that. It's all about the position of the member and what they have to offer. Lucas always gets lots of screen time in NCT U MVs as well as substantial amount of lines, Xiaojun was the highlight of the main single of NCT 2020 and Ten got a main role in 2 subsequent singles. And I don't see what you're saying about Chenle and Renjun, they always seem to get fair amounts of lines and screen time.

And then there's the fact NCT has a lot of content and side projects where the foreign members get to shine and showcase their skills and charms.

But I agree that Yuta needs more opportunities to shine ;(

• It’s been a thing for so long right now. I mean look at suju back in the past with hangeng.

ALL of Exo’s foreign members leaving?

Nct’s foreign member in the Korean groups (emphasis that im not talking about wayv)

SM only pushed foreign members who were immediately popular because there was no choice (luhan, henry and that’s about it??)

Chenle was a whole star in China and is treating like a sub vocalist sometimes.

Ten is literally the star of nct and was pulled from 127 and sent to wayv so they can IDK, continue focusing and centering taeyong and mark (even though they overwork tf out of them)

• When was ten in 127??? You mean winwin ?? He is not the star of NCT...... As popular as he is.

• I agree. I feel like they only debuted foreigners only to make sure that they will have a fanbase in China or Japan.

I don't believe in SM that they want to show acceptance between Chinese and Koreans, especially after numerous Chinese idols under SM left or sued them. I think most of them would leave after the bad treatment that SM gave, but I'm sure that SM made some weird contracts for them, as we can see, Tao, Kris, and Luhan are obligated to pay a part of their money made in China to SM until EXO's contract is ending, even tho they aren't under SM' management and they don't receive any support.

They take the opportunity after seeing Ten, Winwin, and Lucas' popularity and gave them more spotlight, but if their fanbase would have been smaller, I'm sure they would be treated as backup dancers.

• I feel like all non-Korean idols get treated like this with some exceptions. Lisa is treated pretty fairly by her company from what I've seen, so does the non-Korean members of Twice (please correct me if I'm wrong). At least they made it into a group because being non-Korean lowers your chances of debuting a lot :(:(

All of Twice members are mistreated but the ones who got the worst treatments would have to be Jeongyeon(especially her),Jihyo and Chaeyoung

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!