Who do you think will be the Gfriend/Mamamoo of 4th gen

• Mamamoo isn't high tier? What are you smoking and can I have some? Mamamoo is above RV at #3 GG of the 3rd gen

Wendy alone sells as much as Mamamoo as an entire group, so...

... but I've had enough of this constant (ab)using of Mamamoo by some RV closet antis here to shade and diss RV all the time, a small group of people have been doing this throughout the months since last year, and frankly it's getting tiresome.

If you feel Mamamoo surpasses RV, feel free to do so, but at the least don't try to diss RV all the time. I have a different opinion, so agree to disagree and all that.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• Mamamoo isn't high tier? What are you smoking and can I have some? Mamamoo is above RV at #3 GG of the 3rd gen

No what are YOU smoking Irene and Seulgi alone out sold Mamamoo not even that WENDY alone outsold Mamamoo what logic is this?? Besides charting in KR (which RV have yet to do as ot5 with new melon system) what has MAMAOOO surpass RV in?? Because they lag behind RV in literally every metric from Spotify to YouTube to now physicals and digitals

as things are going now, Aespa will be like Gfriend but that means they need actual hits so too soon to say rn

Girl I know you make disliking SM and YG acts your personality trait but let's be logical aespa has better Spotify and YouTube performance than some 3rd gen groups with only 1 song and a cover song their Chinese fanbases alone outsold 3rd gen groups lets use logic and facts and not try to be edgy anticipate Next Level and RV Ot5 2021

• Mamamoo is still high tier and Gfriend used to be high tier in their rookie years as well, they had actual "NATIONAL HITS" . Me Gustas Tu was the first idol song ever to chart for a whole year. People love to underestimate Gfriend yea. The thing about new generation ggs is that they are focused on western fans rather than Korea, most don't even care about releasing hits in Korea while Gfriend's focus was only Korea. They exactly started falling once they tried aiming at ifans.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I am a Moomoo but go off, saying Mamamoo is above RV rn isn't a diss its based off current group performance. If RV comeback with a huge hit it will change but thats just a hypothetical at this point

• No what are YOU smoking Irene and Seulgi alone out sold Mamamoo not even that WENDY alone outsold Mamamoo what logic is this?? Besides charting in KR (which RV have yet to do as ot5 with new melon system) what has MAMAOOO surpass RV in?? Because they lag behind RV in literally every metric from Spotify to YouTube to now physicals and digitals

Girl I know you make disliking SM and YG acts your personality trait but let's be logical aespa has better Spotify and YouTube performance than some 3rd gen groups with only 1 song and a cover song their Chinese fanbases alone outsold 3rd gen groups lets use logic and facts and not try to be edgy anticipate Next Level and RV Ot5 2021

Not a girl, and when i say hits I mean korean charting like Rough and Navillera. Please stop pretending BM's +50M streams makes it a hit cause it doesn't. :pepefacepalm::pepefacepalm:

• Not a girl, and when i say hits I mean korean charting like Rough and Navillera. Please stop pretending BM's +50M streams makes it a hit cause it doesn't. :pepefacepalm::pepefacepalm:

Who said it was a hit?? I literally said they out pace 3rd gen groups and 50m+ streams is still damn good they only have 2 songs and already peaked their monthly listeners to 2.3mil something no other 2020/2021 group broke until Weeekly with after school going viral aespa is nothing like gfriend in the slightest their Chinese fans spent thousands on Karina ALONE aespa easily selling 100k + with their first physical

• I am a Moomoo but go off, saying Mamamoo is above RV rn isn't a diss its based off current group performance. If RV comeback with a huge hit it will change but thats just a hypothetical at this point

? I thought you're a Once, based on the badge? My mistake.

And agreed, RV have been gone for almost 1.5 year, so their next comeback (whenever it'll happen :sweatr1: ) will show if and what the impact of the enforced hiatus ended up to be.

Their solo/sub-unit sales so far though are as good if not better than those of most groups, and they're still doing good internationally (Spotify streaming and such).

But we'll see. Hopefully both RV and Mamamoo will keep growing and flourishing, in their individual careers and as a group, I think they're both great, precious groups.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• I dont have alot of badges for groups i stan, had over 15 on the old site but it takes longer here and it's harder to change aesthetics, and the BTS limited was 1500k acorns :pepe-sad:

RV are long overdue for a comeback (idk what SM is doing, probably trying to cement Aespa beforehand), Seulrene's numbers are impressive but I do wonder how that translates to group sales cause I know solos contributed a good part and once they get indivudal (or in this case subunit) work they are less likely to support the group. But the hiatus is long so the hype will be huge for an OT5 comeback and I'm certain it will be their best selling album so far, and I think 250k is all but guaranteed, the real question is digitals. No matter the song it will start high due to anticipation, and then the real showing will happen after a week or so to determine how big a hit it really is.

Let's discuss once the comeback happens, expecting it to be announced shortly after Aespa's comeback :pepe-toast::pepe-toast:

• How isnโ€™t Mamamoo a high tier group?? Theyโ€™re been in the top 5 for five years straight now and consistently gotten amazing results and shown growth. With Izone gone and RV no where to be seen they could literally be the 3rd biggest girl group right now.

But I guess going by your definition Itzy and Gidle are almost in that โ€œnot top tier, not mid tierโ€ space. Just need to grow a bit more in popularity lol. But until then no 4th gen group imao

• mamamoo is a top gg with top individual member so they are above gfriend by a wide margin. Ifans once again understimating them...

I doubt PK could follow them, too many members and different concept, there's nothing very unique about them that could help them stand out like MMM

So next MMM still didn't debut Yet

Next Gfriend could be their juniors soon to debut, stayc (already having popular songs + dedicated fanbase and trending members) or weeekly/lightsum (if they do well)

• How isnโ€™t Mamamoo a high tier group?? Theyโ€™re been in the top 5 for five years straight now and consistently gotten amazing results and shown growth. With Izone gone and RV no where to be seen they could literally be the 3rd biggest girl group right now.

But I guess going by your definition Itzy and Gidle are almost in that โ€œnot top tier, not mid tierโ€ space. Just need to grow a bit more in popularity lol. But until then no 4th gen group imao

Very nice one. 4th gen stans pretty much overrate their faves. Latata was the best charting song by Gidle and it was a semi-hit type song. Itzy has had one hit so far..."dalla dalla" . (In the morning is showing potential too) They do chart well but none have a hit as big as Mamamoo or Gfriend's. They are lacking in digital performance if you compare peaks of the groups, but far better than previous generation in physicals. And I do expect other 4th generation groups like Aespa to be the same, it's like most agencies don't even bother with releasing a hit in Korea anymore.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Donโ€™t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!