Would BTS be on the same level as Twice & TVXQ in Japan in the future?

• Would BTS surpass TVXQ or Twice in Japan? 17

1. Yes TVXQ r old (14) 82%
    2. No Twice is too powerful there (3) 18%

We all noe thse 2 grps are nw on the legendary status in Japan so wit Dynamite huge success in Japan would we see BTS standing on the same platform wit them ruling Japan together for awhile?

Thoughts?

• I don't think either BTS or Twice were at peak TVXQ level, obviously both are bigger currently, but in the day TVXQ was just much bigger, but than again back in TVXQ's time the Japanese music market was worth almost double what it is now.

• If they still releases tracks most likely but BTS is getting older and will try to focus on other regions in the future i believe. I don't see them try to push more in Japan. They can become the biggest foreign artist though.

dynamite was not, in any way, pushed in japan. it literally had like 3 performances there. and its still doing extremely well and breaking records.

they do not need to “focus” on japan. their music and their achievements speak for themselves.

and their age has nothing to do with it, wtf? their oldest is not even 30 yet? you all need to leave this sad kpop mentality of thinking these artists have an expiration date.

• The fact that people still want to compare BTS to TVXQ in Japan shows you still don't understand how big TVXQ was and still is in Japan.

Jesus Christ himself could descend from the heavens right smack dab in the middle of a TVXQ concert and nobody would care.

They would tell his ass to get out the way cause he's blocking their view.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The fact that people still want to compare BTS to TVXQ in Japan shows you still don't understand how big TVXQ was and still is in Japan.

Jesus Christ himself could descend from the heavens right smack dab in the middle of a TVXQ concert and nobody would care.

They would tell his ass to get out the way cause he's blocking their view.

:angryr:

• dynamite was not, in any way, pushed in japan. it literally had like 3 performances there. and its still doing extremely well and breaking records.

they do not need to “focus” on japan. their music and their achievements speak for themselves.

and their age has nothing to do with it, wtf? their oldest is not even 30 yet? you all need to leave this sad kpop mentality of thinking these artists have an expiration date.

Dynamite is an anomaly, you can't except to have that kind of release every year. It is a decade defining song, of course they would change history if they can release that type of song every year.

Focusing in Japan is releasing japanese version of your albums, and releasing japanese music like Stay Gold. If they stop doing that their japanese fanbase won't grow as fast.

About age, their is a big difference between your age and the time you spent in the industry. With them getting older and after spending so much time as an idol, they will most likely slow down their activity. Don't forget that BTS is one of the most active group ever. It wouldn't surprise me if they start releasing less songs and overall contents in a near future.

They do not have an expiration date, but they can't sustain that very tiring idol schedule indefinetly. Because of that i believe they will have less and less presence in Japan, as i don't think Big Hit will target the Japan market with BTS.

• BTS have surpassed TVXQ's best-selling album with their recent Japanese release in Japan and will most likely surpass it too with their upcoming Korean album. Their physical sales will continue to grow thanks to Dynamite and Stay Gold.

Dynamite is a bigger hit than any song TWICE released there. It is the biggest hit by a Korean act since SNSD Mr. Taxi /Gee and Kara Jumpin/Mister (2010-2011).

It will probably take a while for BTS to be on-par with TVXQ when it comes to the legendary status in Japan since latter have been active for nearly 15 years while the former only for < 8 years. TWICE and BTS are basically on the same level. BTS sell like 3x's more than TWICE physically per current release and they do the same digitally.

• BTS have surpassed TVXQ's best-selling album with their recent Japanese release in Japan and will most likely surpass it too with their upcoming Korean album. Their physical sales will continue to grow thanks to Dynamite and Stay Gold.

Dynamite is a bigger hit than any song TWICE released there. It is the biggest hit by a Korean act since SNSD Mr. Taxi /Gee and Kara Jumpin/Mister (2010-2011).

It will probably take a while for BTS to be on-par with TVXQ when it comes to the legendary status in Japan since latter have been active for nearly 15 years while the former only for < 8 years. TWICE and BTS are basically on the same level. BTS sell like 3x's more than TWICE physically per current release and they do the same digitally.

Best answer.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

FOREIGN*

• If they still releases tracks most likely but BTS is getting older and will try to focus on other regions in the future i believe. I don't see them try to push more in Japan. They can become the biggest foreign artist thouwith t

with the release of stay gold and yet they promoted a lot in japan and i think they werent planning to do much for dynamite but after its success they also performed it in tv shows, im pretty sure they know how important is japan andthe money they can make there, so it will be very dumb if they stop doing what they've been doing there to focus in other markets that are not gonna bring them as much money as jp

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!