Like I predicted, SM is aiming Aespa to the otaku/gamer crowd

• This must be why SM is very tight lipped about their ae-Aespa plans. They must be developing a sort of game platform with microtransactions. These are HUGE moneymakers in East Asia, especially in China where Aespa is popular. Now that SM is bleeding money from their traditional investments this new direction is a smart move.

The aesthetics for “Next Level” (obvious hint here) has that neopunk x fantasy x tech feel that’s very common in gamer franchises.

4f449c4ece3e7cc2ca7383d9f7d9f563.jpg

c0bed7e75e5d804e4504da01f20b87db.gif

Cyberpunk-2077-artwork.jpg

• Very cool stuff, hoping they succeed at doing so. The fandom is huge in China and Karina's teaser was blowing up with people getting interested in the group because of it :eyes:

This is probably why Tencent and SM became partners. Tencent owns a lot of popular video game franchises. They just need another League of Legends clone, slap on characters from Aespa lore and profit from the otakus.

• Official Post

Wait I'd kill for a Genshin Impact/League Of Legends/Final Fantasy-like game for aespa, if this is what they're planning.

SM make it happen omg, I'd totally buy it if it's well-designed and something like the Next Level teasers.

It's a smart move from their part as the gaming industry in general is huge in places like South Korea and China. It's huge all over the world actually. They'll make alot of money from it if it turns out to be a success, that's for sure.

• While there's frequently overlap between the two, Otakus and Gamers are non-exclusive terms.

Otaku is more widely used to describe Anime fans. Though it could apply to hardcore gamers as well since being an Otaku just means near-obsession on something but it's more of a Japanese term otherwise.

Just saying, because Gamers have a somewhat negative reputation as it is, adding the infamy of some Anime fans/fandoms only multiplies it...

Bit of a tangent though, sorry 'bout that.

• Now I want an RPG game like Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest with the Black mamba storyline. You can choose to be Karina/Winter/Giselle/Ningning and each protagonist (member) have different storyline to follow so that you can play the game at least 4 times to know the whole storyline. The ae members can become each members supporter, and the final boss is the Black Mamba.

I know the possibility for this to happen is small though :pepe-sad:

• Actually I don't think it'll stop with games, SM can also brand aespa to an actual TV show (maybe animated ) especially with their lore and then the whole SMCU altogether. I called it since day one, their concept has been so well thought out, it's sooooo smart.

:pepepizza:

aespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgiraespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

æ- "𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝔼𝕧𝕠, 𝔼𝕧𝕠𝕝𝕦𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟" -𝕒𝕖𝕤𝕡𝕒 -æ

• I've been looking at aespa content and I don't know if I'm stretching, but does anyone else think the Logo Music sounds like a battle cry - what's used in war to raise morale/ intimidate the opposing side, they specifically use it only on this video too. I feel like it's a little hint with what's to come

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

aespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgiraespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

æ- "𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝔼𝕧𝕠, 𝔼𝕧𝕠𝕝𝕦𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟" -𝕒𝕖𝕤𝕡𝕒 -æ

• Official Post

Now I want an RPG game like Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest with the Black mamba storyline. You can choose to be Karina/Winter/Giselle/Ningning and each protagonist (member) have different storyline to follow so that you can play the game at least 4 times to know the whole storyline. The ae members can become each members supporter, and the final boss is the Black Mamba.

I know the possibility for this to happen is small though :pepe-sad:

STOPPPP I'D PLAY THIS :pepe-comfy:

• I got into video games and bought my first Playstation the same time I got to know Aespa. This is fate. I want this to happen so bad.

Wait I'd kill for a Genshin Impact/League Of Legends/Final Fantasy-like game for aespa, if this is what they're planning.

SM make it happen omg, I'd totally buy it if it's well-designed and something like the Next Level teasers.

It's a smart move from their part as the gaming industry in general is huge in places like South Korea and China. It's huge all over the world actually. They'll make alot of money from it if it turns out to be a success, that's for sure.

Yessss yes yes. Genshin impact kinda game :peperich:

lt64IYu.gif

• I've been looking at aespa content and I don't know if I'm stretching, but does anyone else think the Logo Music sounds like a battle cry - what's used in war to raise morale/ intimidate the opposing side, they specifically use it only on this video too. I feel like it's a little hint with what's to come

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I can’t believe that all the farfetched thoughts I had in my head was not only by me :pepecute:

Also the Black mamba instrumental has that medieval type of singing/crying/screaming in the background.

I love it so much and it reminds me of the ancient legends lol

External Content youtu.be

I imagine Aespa doing harmonization like that one day

lt64IYu.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!