[Pann] Does Blackpink’s personal wealth actually exceed 10 billion won??

• https://netizen-kore.com/2021/…ceed-100-billion-won.html

(T/N: 10 billion KRW is roughly $9 million USD)

Their recent concert revenue was around 681 billion KRW and in 2019, a research company estimated that Blackpink’s individual income would be around 8~10 billion KRW. So, since then, they’ve been consistently earning money so would their personal wealth be over 100 billion KRW?

Jennie’s house is apparently 6.5 billion KRW so I wondered if their personal wealth is more than 10 billion KRW?

1. [+215][-8] Do you not know what Lisa said after being scammed around 1.8 billion KRW – you can just earn more money

2. [+139][-2] Honestly, 1 or 2 billion KRW isn’t as common as a dog’s name and it’s a f*ck ton of money but Jennie’s house costs 6.5 billion KRW and her bed costs a billion KRW. Not to mention the fact that Lisa nonchalantly said she can just earn more money when she was scammed by her manager… If they can easily spend that much money, they must’ve earned a lot… I think they have accumulated an amount well above 100 billion KRW

3. [+116][-6] Wow, they’ve only been around for 4 years but the fact that they have already earned over 10 billion KRW means that their earnings would be insane by the time they have been in the game for 7~8 years… The longer celebrities work for, the more expensive their value become so they’ll earn more and more money and will get a better ratio from their agency as they gain more years… Not to mention that YG’s revenue ratio is very favourable for artists, even for those who are relatively new and they give a higher proportion of the concert revenues to the artists. By the time they become seniors in the entertainment industry, I reckon their personal wealth will become massive… Obviously, it’s huge right now too

4 [+56][-0] Last year’s celebrities’ personal earning ranked BTS as 1st, Ryu Hyunjin as 2nd, Blackpink as 3rd and Son Heungmin as 4th and Son Heungmin earned 80 billion KRW in pure profits? The fact that Blackpink have earned more than Son Heungmin means that even if they divide it by 4, they would’ve earned more than 10 billlion KRW each – I reckon somewhere around 20~30 billion KRW. Judging by the fact that the Chinese media claiming that BTS members have earned more than 1 trillion suggests that Blackpink have earned somewhere around 300 billion KRW. I think the 2020 Forbes celebrity income ranking is similar to that of 2019

[Name: 1. BTS (singer)(total point: 373.6)(ranking in 2019: 2(+1))

2. Ryu Hyunjin (sportsplayer) (total point: 262.4)(ranking in 2019: 39 (+37))

3. Blackpink (singer)(total points: 240.2)(ranking in 2019: 1(-2))

4. Son Heungmin (sportsplayer)(total point: 168.5)(ranking in 2019: 9(+5))

5. Bong Joonho (Director)(total point: 95.6)(ranking in 2019: new))]

5. [+46][-4] If that’s how much Blackpink are earning, I wonder how much BTS are earning?

6. [+39][-0] Instead of ‘above 100 billion KRW?’, I think it should be ‘at least 100 billion KRW’…

7. [+39][-1] In the ranking of celebrities’ earning last year, Blackpink came in higher than Son Heungmin. Son Heungmin earned around 800 billion KRW so Blackpink would’ve earned more than that. Even if they divide it by 1/n, there are only 4 members so each of them must earn well over 100 billion KRW

8. [+38][-0] Even if we only consider the ads that Blackpink are currently involved in, there are 25 of them… Adidas, HERA, MAC, Dior Beauty, YSL Beauty, Miseenscene, Jentle Monster, Air Baked, O-Lens, Battle Ground, KT, Galaxy Note 20, Pepsi, First soju, KBank, AIS Thailand, Globe Telecom Philippines, Downy, Tokopedia, Chanel, Dior, YSL, Celine, Tiffany & Co, Cartier, Bvlgari. There is no way that they aren’t earning money – they aren’t small or mid-sized companies but are global companies or companies representing their countries and Blackpink are their models

:whatb:

Btw Jennie's house is 65B? Is this mistranslation? Isn't it 6.5B before

• It is supposed to be 10 billion won not 100 billion won. All numbers on that article has one 0 too much.

I have seen this happen many times before. I just can't understand why so many of these sites that translate Korean articles and knetizen comments seemingly don't know how to translate the numbers.

I mean even google translate translated the numbers right when I tried.

Edited 2 times, last by eeddee ().

• And they deserve every ounce of it.

It's so funny that there's a bunch of wealthy people running around in YG and that there's a YG artist that's a lot wealthier than any idol in the entire industry, and I'm not talking about GD. LOL.

But netizens are correct YG artists tend to be loaded and have a reputation in Korea of having a luxurious life. And they do have the best contracts. It's why YG has the best roster of A-list actors, who are generally viewed as more famous in Korea. They just re-signed Kang Dong won.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• It is supposed to be 10 billion won not 100 billion won. All numbers on that article has one 0 too much.

I have seen this happen many times before. I just can't understand why so many of these sites that translate Korean articles and knetizen comments seemingly don't know how to translate the numbers.

This makes more sense. A $1M bad makes no sense. I mean, a $100,000 bed is still too much and i doubt that is the actual prize.

• justscrolling

Changed the title of the thread from “[Pann] Does Blackpink’s personal wealth actually exceed 100 billion won??” to “[Pann] Does Blackpink’s personal wealth actually exceed 10 billion won??”.

Yes, its weird that they said jen house is priced 65B.

Then the answer is they probably earned more than 10b per member rn

• When did Lisa say "she can earn more money."????

If anything the poor girl never publicly spoke about this and idk something about the way the comments about this are phrased rubs me off the wrong way. It is like they are disregarding the fact she was scammed and scammed badly by someone I assume she trusted.

I agree. I think they took her saying she will not be pressing charges as ‘I can earn more money’. They definitely took her off context

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!