how many trainees do company’s even have?

• It depends.

I think Shion Tsurubo from the Japanese group JO1 said as he was FNC-trainee they had around 30 trainees at that time. A girl from Cherry Bullet also said something a while ago, I think she said they most likly train people till a "evaluation" and if they fail on the evaluation they get kicked out imediatly and this is the thing that happend to Shion (But he worded it a bit more towards "I had to leave cause my Korean was too bad")

Ex. JJCC member Henry Mak said that Jackie Chan only had him and his group-members as trainees. Henry also said people had to audition to even be selected for the company and he said Jackie only took the people he wanted to see debut. I also don't really think that Jackie Chan is having any trainees right now and since JJCC is maybe disbanding this year since their contract will end I highly doubt that Jackie is keeping his company alive when these boys are gone.

A.C.E is from a relativly poor company and was originaly suposed to have 7 member but debuted as 5 at the end. They have no trainees at the moment, but the CEO of Beat Interactive posted a message some months ago that people who want to audition (most likly girls) can apply now.

A youtuber I watch said as she had an internship as a staff-member at YG there were around 100 trainees and cause there were so many it was easy for YG to insult a few people who are ex. trainees as he met them again on his failed survival show in 2017. I remember as YG insultet WOW of A.C.E "If you wold have been a special person I would have remembered you" wich hurt WOW a lot. Trought something Rose said a while ago it is also very lickly that YG hoards as many trainees as possible and than each year the number of trainees shrinks till someday only the people are left who debut and mostly only around a year before he debuts a new group they collect new trainees for the group who comes afterwars

Chan and Byeongkwan of A.C.E said some weeks ago as they got interviewed by Eric Nam that as both were at JYP they had over 100 trainees and they even said that if JYP makes an MV with a lot people in the background than it is 100% sure that everyone is a trainee. Trought what different artists of JYP said it is lickly that they have around 100 trainees and if you don't make it to a debut you have to leave JYP most likly after 4 years on the latest.

RBW had around 30 trainees in 2020 and all of them were seen in the MV "End of Spring" by ONEWE but it was said that before ONEUS and ONEWE debuted in 2019 the company never had other trainees than the membersof MAMAMOO and Vromance before. You also have to count to these people that RBW debuted a 5 member gropup in Vietnam and it was said that they had up to 2 more trainees in Vietnam before the group debuted. RBW is curently also having 4 trainees in Japan. I'm not sure for the trainees they had in 2020 but there is a rumor that said that everyone except the members of Purple Kiss had to leave RBW so the Japanese trainees are the only trainees right now

I think Ravi of VIXX said that he and his member were the only trainees besides maybe 5 other people and he said that till gugudan debuted they had no other trainees than just the members of gugudan. It was also said that there were also no other male trainees outside of the VERIVERY-members and I don't think that Jellyfish is having any trainees right now.

I don't know anything about other agencies tho

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• Yesung said on "Under Nineteen" show that he had to compete with 80 other trainees to be picked to debut. So I say for SM, they probably have 80 - 100 male and similar number of female trainees. They do not get dorms until they are set/ picked for debut. That's why Suju and TVXQ members who are not from Seoul slept in saunas during trainee days.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!