Some Kpop fans are so sensitive when things get more sexual

• what double standard exactly bc i think ifans tend to be more accepting or arent as shocked when it comes to sexual stuff in kpop. theres literally a forum on r*ddit called kpopfap or smth which posts gifs of idols and oversexualizes them which is weird to me

Exist in Korea too, heard about the Nth Room scandal? They have many sites related to this kind of things.

can you give an example bc i havent seen or heard of a song or lyrics from a popular idol group

Most known example BB Bae.

They sing about rice cakes... google what meaning this has in Korea. I didn’t got it at first.

• Like you said many do it because Kfans like it, I-fans not really but their main target market is Korea. It did got less tho. Many Idols these days expressed that they don’t like doing aegyo and with others I think they are just like that.

You are right. Kfans tend to have this obsession with youth and cute things whereas ifans tend to like more a bad girl/ bad boy image or at least they seem more open to idols experimenting and doing things that are considered out of norm in Korea.

Maybe now that the focus is more and more on ifans and other markets than Korea things might change.

Personally, I don't care much for sexy concepts or songs but I wouldn't want idols to feel restricted as to what they can sing about or be afraid to express themselves.

It is part of life as much as everything and it should be part of their music if they want it to.

• But that pure and not interesting in anything sexual image seems to work and there are a lot of fans who like Idol Groups especially for that lol.

But yeah it’s even worse then with Disney. Back in the day the Idols did interacted with each other and there were tons of variety shows where male and female Idols were grouped together and kinda had to flirt with each other. These shows were fun. Nowadays they are afraid to even look into the same direction.

• Exist in Korea too, heard about the Nth Room scandal? They have many sites related to this kind of things.

Most known example BB Bae.

They sing about rice cakes... google what meaning this has in Korea. I didn’t got it at first.

lol i was gonna bring up bae bae but i feel like in korea (idol music at least) sexual lyrics are still pretty ambiguous. like anyone wouldnt think its about sex on the first listen. if you compare it to western songs about sex its very different i mean wap is a great example and its not even one of the dirtiest rap songs but its still ‘nasty’ compared to bae bae lol. anyone who gets mad at bae bae’s lyrics is weird or just immature bc the lyrics aren’t explicit at all they just happen to be about sex

"

" svt + blackpink supremacy

final-1.gif

• You are right. Kfans tend to have this obsession with youth and cute things whereas ifans tend to like more a bad girl/ bad boy image or at least they seem more open to idols experimenting and doing things that are considered out of norm in Korea.

Maybe now that the focus is more and more on ifans and other markets than Korea things might change.

Personally, I don't care much for sexy concepts or songs but I wouldn't want idols to feel restricted as to what they can sing about or be afraid to express themselves.

It is part of life as much as everything and it should be part of their music if they want it to.

Agree, they should be able to express themself without restrictions.

PS... maybe with some restrictions or they have to face the consequences too.

• lol i was gonna bring up bae bae but i feel like in korea (idol music at least) sexual lyrics are still pretty ambiguous. like anyone wouldnt think its about sex on the first listen. if you compare it to western songs about sex its very different i mean wap is a great example and its not even one of the dirtiest rap songs but its still ‘nasty’ compared to bae bae lol. anyone who gets mad at bae bae’s lyrics is weird or just immature bc the lyrics aren’t explicit at all they just happen to be about sex

Nah not talking about explicit lyrics. They do exist but not with Idols.

• Yeah, it's weird. I also think part of the problem is that companies also enable this way of thinking by placing those ridiculous dating bans on their idols. I once read someone listing reasons why they don't like Jennie, and one was because she broke the no dating rule. Apparently they were more upset that she broke a rule than actually dating??? The whole concept seems fucked up and weird to me.

100% of people sensitive about this stuff are probably awkward virgins tho, so...

flat,128x128,075,f-pad,128x128,f8f8f8.jpg

N Ξ O C I T Y

EWwNl6R.png

• I don’t care about sexual songs or lyrics unless:

1. The idols are minors

2. The idols are being forced into doing something they’re uncomfortable with (Example: Stellar)

With kpop, it’s a little more difficult because the artists have pretty much no say in what they do. The company forces them to do their concept. It’s very different than the West.

ღ Sulli

• I actually prefer the cleaner culture of K pop to Western pop culture which has turned into complete hive-mind, politicized trash. There's nothing wrong with having class and self respect and nothing wrong with an employer/label asking that you represent their brand publicly with dignity and certain standards. What idols do in their personal life is likely very different than what is portrayed while in the public eye which is totally reasonable. I doubt idols are as innocent as they appear but honestly haven't thought much about it.

For example, I don't need to know about Cardi B's WAP🤢 (I skip track four of Blackpink "The Album" every time, I was hugely disappointed when that was announced). I don't need artists telling me that I'm evil and bigoted if I don't agree with their political views.

K Pop is a beautiful thing and a great escape from the woke, status quo that is infiltrating and ruining everything in Western culture.

• I actually prefer the cleaner culture of K pop to Western pop culture which has turned into complete hive-mind, politicized trash. There's nothing wrong with having class and self respect and nothing wrong with an employer/label asking that you represent their brand publicly with dignity and certain standards. What idols do in their personal life is likely very different than what is portrayed while in the public eye which is totally reasonable. I doubt idols are as innocent as they appear but honestly haven't thought much about it.

For example, I don't need to know about Cardi B's WAP🤢 (I skip track four of Blackpink "The Album" every time, I was hugely disappointed when that was announced). I don't need artists telling me that I'm evil and bigoted if I don't agree with their political views.

K Pop is a beautiful thing and a great escape from the woke, status quo that is infiltrating and ruining everything in Western culture.

Amen to this.

Though, I would appreciate that they make difference between modesty and pretending to be innocent and oblivious.

lt64IYu.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!