Thoughts on Kingdom ep 3?

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

stream this :wink:

• After rewatching all of them and considering the budget disadvantages, I know I'm still going to vote for The Boyz and Stray Kids, because they both had elements I was absolutely obsessed with. TBZ with the solo dance break with the white fabric and yellow/pink lighting, and SKZ with the entire beginning + the marionette bit. Neither of those really required a big budget at all and I know I'll rewatch the performances because of those parts.

I thought I would vote for Ateez for sure because their performance really wowed me, but the only part I was really obsessed with was the dramatic intro. The rest was amazing, but it's hard for me to factor in things like the kraken since that was definitely a budget advantage. The only other group I'm debating voting for is BTOB because they really worked with what they had the best.

Idk, I'm still not sure yet. I might still vote for ZZZ again. I think I need to sleep on it, but my one vote isn't going to make a difference anyway :-D

N Ξ O C I T Y

EWwNl6R.png

• After rewatching all of them and considering the budget disadvantages, I know I'm still going to vote for The Boyz and Stray Kids, because they both had elements I was absolutely obsessed with. TBZ with the solo dance break with the white fabric and yellow/pink lighting, and SKZ with the entire beginning + the marionette bit. Neither of those really required a big budget at all and I know I'll rewatch the performances because of those parts.

I thought I would vote for Ateez for sure because their performance really wowed me, but the only part I was really obsessed with was the dramatic intro. The rest was amazing, but it's hard for me to factor in things like the kraken since that was definitely a budget advantage. The only other group I'm debating voting for is BTOB because they really worked with what they had the best.

Idk, I'm still not sure yet. I might still vote for ZZZ again. I think I need to sleep on it, but my one vote isn't going to make a difference anyway :-D

We can already start voting now?

• It's a big struggle to vote in that app

yeah lol. I got triggered a bit earlier when I collected my ticket before the episode even aired. It was even worse during the introduction voting before they fixed it a bit. I'm not even attempting to vote yet. It should calm down after several hours.

N Ξ O C I T Y

EWwNl6R.png

• Fan votes shouldn't be 50% of the overall result because fandoms aren't objective they will vote for their faves.

In this case Stray Kids have the biggest fandom so they will always rank 1st.

No, because STAY will have to vote for three teams. Voting is seriously disadvantageous for Stray Kids because by voting for Stray Kids, we’re giving two other teams the same amount of votes.

• I still haven't seen all the performances, i wasn't able to see SF9 one.

I don't know if i should even share my opinion about it all though.

Honestly it seems like the bigger the better?

How did the experts rank Btob last, what were they even evaluating? I was excited about the experts, because i thought they were going to share some opinions and argument it. But i guess not.

(it's just a question for myself)

But yeah, in my opinion again, from what i've seen all did well and i wouldn't be able to do ranking, because i have no idea who to put on lower ranks.

I do know who did the best in my opinion for now (and why), i just have to watch SF9 performance to find out who my top three were.

Edited 3 times, last by keaji ().

• Regardless of the bogus voting system, iKON and BtoB are the two that are trending the most in Korea...Naver, Melon, Twitter, Pann, They are both trending higher than even the show itself...which is really all you could ever hope for going on a show like this. Which makes them the true winners.

But it makes sense, both are the best charting groups on the show, so Korea knows them the best.

Been seeing fan conspiracies saying Mnet is keeping both groups low on purpose to piss off Knetz and keep them watching and voting.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• 1. Ateez - were the most live along with btob, they clearly invested the most money and the performance was upto it, They did not completely changed wonderland and kept its original essence which made the performance really raw and good to me, storyline was clear and impressive. It had good impact. I didnt like their intro at all but they stepped up with this.

2. TBZ- Their concept this time was kind of a hit or miss, not everyone would like the POV trick, but I loved it.. reminds me of my gaming days. Anyways I feel the song arrangement was well done, the storyline and concept were clear. Wish there was more group dancing and the backtrack at some parts wasnt that loud.

3. BTOB- purely here because missing you is a fucking bop and the vocals almost had me in tears, performance wise nothing much special, but that is thier own style, they created a beautiful and memorable stage

4. SF9- deserved fucking better, concept of the serial killer who makes perfumes after killing was perfectly displayed, there were a few very minor mistakes but the creativity with those mirrors and the overall execution was memorable and very sexy. Loved that they danced together with female dancers and took risk, props to jaeyoon doing amazing even after injury.

5. IKON- Love the LS part but transition to killing me wasnt smooth? idk along the storyline I get what they were trying to convey but felt kinda forced. I wish they just stuck to one song. I loved the drop sequence though with him between hands, i wish the lighting was better. Intro was better if you ask me.

6. SKZ- again, mixing two songs went into a chaotic route here too.. God's menu.. that song is legendary and they failed to make me feel its impact.. also side effects main highlight is that hollowish sounding drop which never played to its true essence or colour.. They should have stuck to one song only. Also I felt there was way too much happening, which isnt bad but I feel the actual "performance" part was very very less. It was memeorable but only for a few moments where they werent even properly singing or dancing. I feel they did too much and honestly considering thier intro and the songs they choose my expectations were definitely high

Overall I think all performances were pretty good, but that budget clearly affected the ranking, it was an unfair competition, so I dont wanna give shit about this round..

people should remember the unfairness while making their rankings

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!