Exo succeeded and failed at the same time

• Lost 3 members like 2 years after debut

Kai getting caught once

Baekhyun tied to a top tier idol with an unannounced breakup. Up in the air type shit

Kyungsoo tired of his teams bullshit enlisted earlier than he should. I will never forget when it looked like he was finna swing on a member.

Chen being the best father a man can be.

Chanyeol sticking it everywhere behind his gf’s back.

Lay being neither here nor there and battling China’s political bullshit.

Meanwhile NCT is almost 5 years into their career with not even half the amount of bullshit with twice the amount of members.

When I first started stanning Exo I never would have imagined this shit 8 years into their career.

When I first started stanning NCT I expected members leaving, more scandals and bullshit due to their fuck ass concept.

You can never predict the future ;(

• Battling you say? More like he’s completely compliant and actually believes in it the most out of the current list of idols supporting the CCP. He was the first one cutting contracts over trivial matters like Taiwan on the list of countries, even with korean companies years before others followed suit.

Don’t give this “male” any bogus excuses. Would you be giving a compliant nazi an excuse during the Holocaust? Fans istg...

• Is having a girlfriend and/or wife so bad that you are a failure as idol if you have one ? Lol

I don’t think OP meant it that way, koreans (delulus who are a huge margin of domestic fans) take it that way. Koreans don’t really “appreciate” parenthood, the way they should be tbh...they diss mothers for giving attention to their children and people will skoll at them if they are in public with their kids or give them affection, they have this internet slang called mom-choong (choong means bug/insect). Korea is like the only country on this planet that gives such disrespect to parents, that’s why we are about to send ourselves into a declining population. They’re in a different dimension compared to my other half, somali, where in somali culture parents especially AND especially mothers are given the most respect in the world more than the president and anybody else, they say the gate to heaven is under your mothers feet. So they think koreans are crazy.

81A4C117-14DB-47EE-8C7F-CBB13E9302EA.png

(Oops, sorry for the rant, idrc if my fellow koreans are offended bcuz alot of koreans are truly like this and it needs to be called out)

• Battling you say? More like he’s completely compliant and actually believes in it the most out of the current list of idols supporting the CCP. He was the first one cutting contracts over trivial matters like Taiwan on the list of countries, even with korean companies years before others followed suit.

Don’t give this “male” any bogus excuses. Would you be giving a compliant nazi an excuse during the Holocaust? Fans istg...

I didn’t know whether he’s against the CCP or not. I don’t keep up with anything. All I know is that he is one of the idols who has a controversy connected to China. I never really took the time to actually read into the current events on what is happened.

Wasn’t thinking and I trivialized the severity of his stance. I apologize for the lackadaisical conclusion.

• I didn’t know whether he’s against the CCP or not. I don’t keep up with anything. All I know is that he is one of the idols who has a controversy connected to China. I never really took the time to actually read into the current events on what is happened.

Wasn’t thinking and I trivialized the severity of his stance. I apologize for the lackadaisical conclusion.

It’s all good, don’t think it’s something to apologize for. We all hear things.

• That's why we are a loyal fandom.

We've seen so much shit go down, yet we are still here standing strong. I'm sure there are exo-l's who did unstan but exo is still considered a popular group for a reason. They have good music, fantastic vocals, good looks, and personality that keeps them relevant.

Also, stop pushing the narrative that Kyungsoo hates his members. Yes, he does look like he's done with them sometimes but inside, he really does love them.

• I don't think Chinese k-pop stars in China have much of a choice for survival. They have to heed the party line or else they're persona non grata.

It's hard to know the full truth since we're civilians. I see people over in the Asian Entertainment section complaining about western propaganda too.

I live in the US, but I can fully acknowledge a lot of wrong doing on both sides. Hopefully, we'll learn the truth someday.

• The only "controversial" thing is Chanyeol's scandal, Lay's affiliation with CCCP and the members leaving.

Rest of it is normal and shouldn't be in that thread at all.

By the way, why do you think members left so early in EXO's career? Because EXO was already so big and popular that they could totally pursue a solo career in China already. It's still not the case for NCT lol, none of them could do that and thrive right now.

• I don’t think OP meant it that way, koreans (delulus who are a huge margin of domestic fans) take it that way. Koreans don’t really “appreciate” parenthood, the way they should be tbh...they diss mothers for giving attention to their children and people will skoll at them if they are in public with their kids or give them affection, they have this internet slang called mom-choong (choong means bug/insect). Korea is like the only country on this planet that gives such disrespect to parents, that’s why we are about to send ourselves into a declining population. They’re in a different dimension compared to my other half, somali, where in somali culture parents especially AND especially mothers are given the most respect in the world more than the president and anybody else, they say the gate to heaven is under your mothers feet. So they think koreans are crazy.

81A4C117-14DB-47EE-8C7F-CBB13E9302EA.png

(Oops, sorry for the rant, idrc if my fellow koreans are offended bcuz alot of koreans are truly like this and it needs to be called out)

Weirdos

At this rate they will just go extinct in some more centuries

• The only "controversial" thing is Chanyeol's scandal, Lay's affiliation with CCCP and the members leaving.

Rest of it is normal and shouldn't be in that thread at all.

By the way, why do you think members left so early in EXO's career? Because EXO was already so big and popular that they could totally pursue a solo career in China already. It's still not the case for NCT lol, none of them could do that and thrive right now.

Lucas. He is literally on the top rated show in China for the past two years (along with G(I)dle's Yuqi.)

Why do I watch survival shows? This!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!