• because most of the sales come from their international fanbases and to chart on melon u need a solid Korean fanbase or at least the song should be loved by the gp

• stop lying with the 'most sales come from outside Korea' excuse...

Even if that is true, sone of these groups highest charting songs right now are outside the top 400 or 500...

Currently it takes less than 20k ULs to enter the top 400 and around 17k for top 500..

Like you think 980k sales coming from outside Korea.

Its cos thier fans dont give a shit about their songs.

• Bullshit

All group that sells 1 million albums are able to pull at least 120k ULs on Melon

And Melon is not the only service in Korea, the fandom need to split into Genie, Bugs, Flo and others, so to get 120k on Melon your fandom is very likely 250k spread on all platforms

And of course you need ALL your fandom listening the song at the same time to chart. Album sales are cumulative and comes from months of pre orders and are highly inflate thanks to many versions, fansings and whatnot. Sales are by no means representative of the number of buyers

Groups like Seventeen and NCT can easily put 500k cumulative ULs on Genie after some weeks and Seventeen has more streams on Melon than groups like Twice and Blackpink, saying their fandom doesn't care for their songs is the biggest reach I've read on this forum.

• First off on the 'more streams' horseshit...yeah when a fandom is looping songs playlist at 4am in the morning every night for years straight I kind of expect that...but with all those streams above groups like BP, Twice, etc lets count Seventeens and NCT digital certs.....so if I grab my calculator out I can see...yep that's 0 DL certs for either and, oh again, 0 streaming certs for either group....yeah kind of expected those 'low quality' streams to be filtered out.

500k UL's? Huh? Seventeens last song peaked at 103k UL's on Melon and the 2nd day of release dropped out of the top 100 and it's currently sitting at 605 on Melon after what? 3 months....bro that's 15.9k listeners and these guys have 197k followers on Melon...

Nearly 200k fans on Melon that's about 8% of their fans still listening and the song is still pretty new....Checking em out on d1 is one thing but talking about in weeks dropping below 20k listeners when you're selling 1.2m or w/e and you gonna with a straight face tell me their fans care about their music....lol. Groups like NCT fair just a poorly.

The bottom line is, if their fans liked their music they would listen to it but with the fact that they aren't charting well on any chart in Korea, chart for like 3 weeks in Japan, have pretty low YT views and even worse Spotify streams...these groups sell like 3-5 million albums a year yet no one is playing their songs....

Fans lie, numbers don't.

• So, first the fandom doesn't care for the music, then they are looping the music? You need to pick a side, either their fandom doesn't care for the music or their fandom is looping the music

I said 500k CUMULATIVE ULs on Genie, Seventeen have even a song with 1 million unique listeners meaning Yes 1 million Genie users listened to Very Nice

NCT 127 has 2.7 million monthly listeners on Spotify, how can you say their fans aren't listening their music? So who are the people who are listening? Haters?

• So, first the fandom doesn't care for the music, then they are looping the music? You need to pick a side, either their fandom doesn't care for the music or their fandom is looping the music

I said 500k CUMULATIVE ULs on Genie, Seventeen have even a song with 1 million unique listeners meaning Yes 1 million Genie users listened to Very Nice

NCT 127 has 2.7 million monthly listeners on Spotify, how can you say their fans aren't listening their music? So who are the people who are listening? Haters?

Oh no, not another one of these BG fans gonna pretend that BG's music raises during the early hours of the morning cos all boy group fans are insomniacs....I can only roll my eyes at that....

They zombie stream that shit for god only knows what reason, probably to try to drum up points for awards shows or smt...but all I know is at 4am they ain't suddenly in the mood for music lol.

Yes, Very Nice being what? 5 years old nearly now? Well done, I'm talking about brand new music selling 1-2 million copies with re-packs and in like 3-4 weeks drops to 20k listeners on Melon and drops far on other charts too so the concurrent UL's are probably 30-50k across all platforms. Getting 500k UL's on day 1 sounds great, if you can at least hold a reasonable amount of those listener's for some period of time...

500k people checking out a song and less than 4-5% actually coming back after a few weeks kinda shows people don't really care about it...like I said 200k fans on Melon, yet lower than 10% listening to the song a few months out...? Do they really care? Like NCT have got over 250k followers across all groups on Melon(which this thread is about) and their latest track Resonance isn't even in the top 1000, that's less than 10k listeners iirc right now....out of like 250k followers not even 10k listening? Make a Wish is pulling low UL's too, like 25 thousand....

We aren't talking about nugu's selling like 50k albums here but a group that can sell 3-5 million in a year and have 100's of thousands of fans on Melon but basically none listening?

Sure the Spotify might be decent for NCT, but domestic charting is really bad and Melon clearly show they have enough fans to keep brand new songs in the top 100 for months and months and all they have to do is listen to them...but what? We're talk about 1-2 days and they drop out? Huh....? Millions and millions of sales and surely more than 10-20k come from Korea.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!