Was there really bullying in April or not? I keep seeing two totally different loud sides to this story

• the date in the kakaotalk is from 2017, and supposedly the suicide attempt happened in 2016 :meme-confused::meme-confused:  :meme-confused:

• :eewwcat: I have not been in the April fandom for a few years now since "Oh My Mistake" but WTF :angy5: Dude it seems these two just straight up do not like each other (Naeun and Hyunjoo) and are dragging everyone around them into this petty mess :plzprivacy: Former staff from both sides have come out defending certain members but Naeun is the one still filing paper work over and over? It honestly makes me think, Naeun had dislike for Hyunjoo, Hyunjoo felt singled out because of it and then acted out in reaction.

All the other members end up just being collateral damage

At first I thought she was getting singled out because she's the most popular and known member (like seolhyun was during Mina v Jimin) but she and her family and friends are actually crazy :meme-side-eye:

BLɅϽKPIИKJESSICAMEOVVMOO DENGNEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

931b476a8845696cee12b516765672754bc2ee4c.gifv98293eb140ef688be6c42c2b6153aa09fd3690bb.gifve10a81d25b0259bbebe35411de65baa3b0cbab61.gifv

• Chaewon: Hmm.. I'm also having trouble approaching first right now.. Other members are also watching, so I think I need to wait a little longer ㅠㅠ I also know this to some extent..

:omg3: Okay that bothers me, so you feel bad but do not want to apologize because other do not feel remorseful? Ms Chaewon, Girl I need you to grown some grapefruits and say how you feel instead of bowing to other people. That is sad.

Like genuinely, wanting to say sorry but worrying about making the others angry is disappointing, because she is clearly upset with how she treated another person, and knows she needs to say something but is fearful of the people who also participated in the mess, then attacking her.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

zMDH6re.gif

• At first I thought she was getting singled out because she's the most popular and known member (like seolhyun was during Mina v Jimin) but she and her family and friends are actually crazy :meme-side-eye:

:pepe-comfy: Bruh why can't people just be nice to others and take accountability when they are horrible, instead of trying to gaslight someone and other people that they are righteous. It is crazy how common it is. Rather than mature and apologizing to people, make the person who was hurt the problem? Like the more I am reading the more I really do feel it was Naeun telling everyone else to help her attack someone else, and now throwing an tantrum after her fellow members have admitted to feeling strong remorse. WTF :pepe-cross::pepe-torch: Why are you so mad at everyone? Therapists exist? Maybe don't get angry at one member for being "different" and then get even more mad when people stop sticking at your side, when they are now realizing it was wrong.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

zMDH6re.gif

• the date in the kakaotalk is from 2017, and supposedly the suicide attempt happened in 2016 :meme-confused::meme-confused:  :meme-confused:

Fixed but they said they never knew at all in multiple interviews.

:omg3: Okay that bothers me, so you feel bad but do not want to apologize because other do not feel remorseful? Ms Chaewon, Girl I need you to grown some grapefruits and say how you feel instead of bowing to other people. That is sad.

Like genuinely, wanting to say sorry but worrying about making the others angry is disappointing, because she is clearly upset with how she treated another person, and knows she needs to say something but is fearful of the people who also participated in the mess, then attacking her.

Also one of the 2 members that personally sued her. Clearly felt bad :meme-stare:

931b476a8845696cee12b516765672754bc2ee4c.gifv98293eb140ef688be6c42c2b6153aa09fd3690bb.gifve10a81d25b0259bbebe35411de65baa3b0cbab61.gifv

• I have seen a lot of comments mainly expecting Somin because she was leader for her time in April, to take responsibility for the actions of everyone in her group even if it does turn out she was not directly attacking her. Which is a little ick as she does not control her members 1000%, now I do agree if she saw something and did not say anything, or was directly one of the ones who was the start of it, that is a huge problem.

So far though the kpop census especially on Reddit and social media is that she may not have done the bullying herself but it was "her job" to stop it all, and if she did not successfully do so then it is her fault everyone else is falling apart now. Which I do not know if I completely agree with, yes as a leader she can disapprove of their behavior and ask them to stop but she does not get the final say so in what happens as repercussions etc. DSP does.

Why do you think the company would remove one member who is the leader from an already debuted group just to debut her in another? Such a thing points often to them being a problem in the group. It is not always the case but removing the leader and placing them in another group is almost unheard of. There were also rumours a few years ago before the April scandal (I haven't kept up with Somin to be fair) that she is not getting along well with the other girl in Kard now but as I said I don't keep up with them and not getting along does not mean she is or was bullying the other girl.

There still could be a chance she was removed because her image didn't fit with April but considering all the things happening in April I doubt she didn't knew about the bullying. She can't control everyone in the group but I doubt DSP would, after knowing the group has some problems, remove a person who (if she did nothing bad) is probably the only one being half-way nice to Hyunjoo or at least keeping things civil in the group just to debut her in another group, when they can find another trainee to debut instead. This would be DSP asking for more conflicts in the group, if Somin was a more neutral or mature force and she got removed.

Here was an anonymous post being discussed here (but it is an anonymous account, which you can choose to ignore or not, I just link it here so you can see why people critized Somin): She's (Somin) the only one trying to get out of the April scandal

• Why do you think the company would remove one member who is the leader from an already debuted group just to debut her in another? Such a thing points often to them being a problem in the group. It is not always the case but removing the leader and placing them in another group is almost unheard of. There were also rumours a few years ago before the April scandal (I haven't kept up with Somin to be fair) that she is not getting along well with the other girl in Kard now but as I said I don't keep up with them and not getting along does not mean she is or was bullying the other girl.

There still could be a chance she was removed because her image didn't fit with April but considering all the things happening in April I doubt she didn't knew about the bullying. She can't control everyone in the group but I doubt DSP would, after knowing the group has some problems, remove a person who (if she did nothing bad) is probably the only one being half-way nice to Hyunjoo or at least keeping things civil in the group just to debut her in another group, when they can find another trainee to debut instead. This would be DSP asking for more conflicts in the group, if Somin was a more neutral or mature force and she got removed.

Here was an anonymous post being discussed here (but it is an anonymous account, which you can choose to ignore or not, I just link it here so you can see why people critized Somin): She's (Somin) the only one trying to get out of the April scandal

So I understand she was the leader at the time but there was evidence to the other girl being directly the one who was doing nasty petty things, yet not Somin. I actually read a lot of those comments in another article (not here) when I looked it up after seeing this thread. The way it was explained before is that Somin straight up hated the cute theme of April and as she had already had to do numerous years of a cute concept when she was in DSP's Japanese group Puretty, she asked to be removed.

"There still could be a chance she was removed because her image didn't fit with April but considering all the things happening in April I doubt she didn't knew about the bullying. She can't control everyone in the group but I doubt DSP would, after knowing the group has some problems, remove a person who (if she did nothing bad) is probably the only one being half-way nice to Hyunjoo or at least keeping things civil in the group just to debut her in another group, when they can find another trainee to debut instead. This would be DSP asking for more conflicts in the group, if Somin was a more neutral or mature force and she got removed."

See but DSP has a history of doing really illogical things, when Kara was suing them they at first tried to say they were blindsided but then eventually admitted to not paying them and such after appearing as to have fully planned to disband Kara and go to court over the issue, back in 2011.

DSP also disbanded Fin.K.L despite Lee Hyori having wanted to continue the group along with also doing her solo projects.

Sechs Kies also had a bullying issue recently of a member admitting to have straight up told idols in the past that he found them ugly and they would not compare to him, during his time in DSP. DSP disbanded them in 2000, then eventually the group bought back their trademark. So if she was an issue, it is odd they did not just straight up disband April like they did with Sechs Kies when they became an issue.

Edit: Kang Sung Hoon has since doubled down calling today's idols ugly, and continues to be the face of the group. Which honestly baffles me. If Somin was the issue like him and she was the best known one, you would think they would just yeet the group or yeet her completely out of the company.

It is possible with Somin she was removed and originally planned to be solo but still under DSP, like DSP did with multiple members of A-JAX when they had a falling out. And it is possible that maybe one day we might see actual proof that Somin was the one who encouraged the isolation of one member, but so far it has just been netizens spreading that around while the evidence in the situation shows another person was at the helm of the abuse.

Point being DSP has always handled things poorly and tended to not actually listen to their artists. It seems to have changed with Young Posse and KARD the last few years but still, they have a rep of not actually listening to their artists when they try to discuss issues, which then leads to them blowing up more.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

zMDH6re.gif

• Also for anyone wondering, Puretty was disbanded because they did not break into the Korean or worldwide market, Somin was their leader. Kara members were in a lot of their MVs.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

zMDH6re.gif

• Still this kakao , if real, only proves they heard about it about a year and a half later and not that they knew everything it was happening . I mean after that much time what were they gonna do.

1. Apologize (which they allegedly did)

2. Stop talking about the time she was gone from a suicide attempt as a time they struggled because she was irresponsible and selfish

3. Not proceed to lie about it and bury her with lawsuits

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!