XG are lowkey beating kpop at its own game

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Music videos, styling, makeup, music, the girls themselves. I hope their creative team gets their flowers every single day because XG is one of the most well thought out and talanted groups out there right now. If they were a kpop show they would be one of the biggest groups out there lets be real.

• 100% agree. I don’t think many groups are consistently delivering above average music like this. They take time to make sure everything they release if palatable and interesting. Something i don’t think other groups doing the mini album format do.

Not to mention, Woke Up being a song that i don’t think 90% of kpop groups (male or female) could pull off. Especially in english. Absolutely crazy.

• Saying XG is kpop is like saying Baby Metal is k-rock

i don't think OP is sayin they're kpop.

but you can't deny they're kpop coded af. if they added some Korean into their music they'd be very similar to other K-pop GG. plus they're based in SK.

• 100% agree. I don’t think many groups are consistently delivering above average music like this. They take time to make sure everything they release if palatable and interesting. Something i don’t think other groups doing the mini album format do.

Not to mention, Woke Up being a song that i don’t think 90% of kpop groups (male or female) could pull off. Especially in english. Absolutely crazy.

I think one of XG's biggest strengths is, despite the fact that they are a kpop inspired group, they ignore all of the limitations that usually stifle even the most creative kpop groups. Like imagine the reaction if a kpop girl group released Woke Up and one of the members shaved her head :skull:

• By far the most talented rap-focused female group to grace kpop in the past decade, and the vocalists are also very good. They’re certainly above average compared to the rest of the field.

And there’s no word needed to be said about their concept’s innovations and consistency. Kpop stopped trying to be weird and quirky ages ago and xg is bringing it back in glorious style by fully embracing what’s not considered conventionally pretty and taking it to new levels of avant-garde. And what makes it even better is they did it with influences from their own origin - you can spot the j-culture inspiration in the style and aesthetics of their work from a mile away. It’s y2k but uniquely japanese, and thus uniquely xg.

• By far the most talented rap-focused female group to grace kpop in the past decade, and the vocalists are also very good. They’re certainly above average compared to the rest of the field.

And there’s no word needed to be said about their concept’s innovations and consistency. Kpop stopped trying to be weird and quirky ages ago and xg is bringing it back in glorious style by fully embracing what’s not considered conventionally pretty and taking it to new levels of avant-garde. And what makes it even better is they did it with influences from their own origin - you can spot the j-culture inspiration in the style and aesthetics of their work from a mile away. It’s y2k but uniquely japanese, and thus uniquely xg.

I love love LOVE the harajuku influences in XG's styling! Its colorful and quirky and maximalist and just plain fun. One of my biggest problems with kpop in general, but especially nowadays is how rigid its kinda become. The most fun and quirky groups out now are NewJeans and aespa and a handful of nugu groups and thats it. And even then they are INCREDIBLY tame compared to XG. Kpop companies are more focused on their groups looking 'pretty' then thinking outside the box and experimenting with concepts.

💞 💞

• They can break out bigger with songs in the lane like Shooting Star, Left Right.

:pepe-dj:

"Be wise, don't be absurd" - Wateris

"Facts speaks volume, not delusional minds" - Wateris

:facepalm:

I’m not rude, I just have the balls to say what everyone else is thinking.

There’s always a wild side to an innocent face.

People say I act like don’t care. It’s not an act.

:flop::thumbs-up::mukbang::groovins::uh-uh-bunny:

• They're insane man!

My top 3 ggs right now are:

1. NJs (my fav favs)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

2. aespa

3. XG

They're the best groups in this gen too and probably all time, way superior to 3rd gen :thumbs-up: .

This gen is very mixed actually, there are some great quality groups but in a sea of mediocrity sadly.

• If they will release more songs like Woke UP than they will break out, if they will release generic western pop songs like something ain’t right they won’t!

Kpop >>>>>>>>>>>>> XG pop songs

Woke Up is rap masterpiece! They should stick to that

• they are one of my favorite groups and definitely favorite from 4th gen after IVE, they just keep releasing absolute bangers. Like forreal if a big4 group released any of their hit songs it'd be taking over the kpop world imo.

Woke Up has to be the best display of rapping from a girl group ive ever seen and its not even close. Will always be lookin forward to their next release because you dont know what you're gonna get, but itll be a banger

• Mmm, this mean japanese are better than koreans in their own game? What does this say about korean idols? :whatb:

K-Pops origin is literally the Japanese Idol industry

⋆.ೃ࿔˚⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆. we rise up above ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆ ・⋆

・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!