Get Up has sold 2,148,676 copies on Circle since its release. How Sweet and Supernatural have sold 1,121,287 and 1,021,730 copies.

• If we stop pretending that it's standard for two double single albums to be released in back to back months, and appropriately treat this as two albums releasing during the same comeback era, we get:

Get Up: 2,148,676 copies sold in its lifetime

How Sweet + Supernatural: 2,143,017 copies sold in 1.5 months

:meme-what-is:

I'm looking for the radical drop-off in sales and having a hard time finding it.

Hmmm. Seems like rumors of downfalls and declines, like all the other troll bait posted here and elsewhere, is total bullshit :meme-kek:

This topic wasn't necessary, but I had to make it anyway, just to rub some more salt into the wounds of the haters who have desperately tried entirely too hard to push the false narrative that NewJeans' Queendom is crumbling away.

Let me see if I can do this right.

No more Payola. No more token stans. No more support from HYBE fandoms.

But still selling millions of albums, still the top girl group on Spotify, still the top artist on MelOn, still the top artist on Circle and still the top foreign artist in Japan.

I know certain individuals and fandoms thought they were finally cooking something last month, but like I predicted, the top girl group in the world continues to do top girl group things.

Maybe you'll hand me (because we know that's what this is really about) a legitimate L next comeback cycle :meme-trying-not-to-laugh:

• You do know there is a difference right? I don't know if you are purposefully treating it as the same or if You actually deluled yourself into thinking they are not still 2 different "albums" Even if they are released with a 1 month gap

Common sense dictates that when you release two albums so close to each other then the fandom will not be able to fully commit to both. As I've explained, a lot of Bunnies had to choose between HS or SN.

The fact of the matter is that this is all the same comeback era. Nobody is going to pretend otherwise months down the line.

And in this promotion cycle, NewJeans sold 2.1 million albums faster than they did in any release window previously.

I think we're good.

• To simplify this for everyone who will try to distort facts for a fictitious narrative.

Get Up sold 2.1 million albums over a one year time frame. It was a mini album.

HS and SN have sold 2.1 million albums in barely over a month, both of them double singles.

That's a big W for ADOR and NewJeans

• I think you could just do like: "oh, in 2023 NJ sold a total of x album sales and now in 2024 with 7 months in they sold y album sales. What an incredible growth!!!" :meme-conspiracy:

𝕃𝕚𝕤𝕒 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝔹𝕃𝔸ℂ𝕂ℙ𝕀ℕ𝕂

• Yeah totally and it's just coincide both albums sold pretty much around the same bunnies perfectly split themselves into each half liking one or the other album, is totally not the same people buying both, btw did you buy both Yama?

• great strategy if you ask me :thinkerpepe:.

and great results!

MHJ is very smart :pepe-big-brain: .

• Combining the album sales of two completely different releases to try to paint as a W for them and not the over 50% drop of each, we hit a new low for newjeans fans fellas, we are witnessing amounts of cope I thought it was impossible, just embarrassing.

• I think you could just do like: "oh, in 2023 NJ sold a total of x album sales and now in 2024 with 7 months in they sold y album sales. What an incredible growth!!!" :meme-conspiracy:

:meme-surprised-pikachu-face::meme-think-about-it:

Yeah totally and it's just coincide both albums sold pretty much around the same bunnies perfectly split themselves into each half liking one or the other album, is totally not the same people buying both, btw did you buy both Yama?

Nope.

Like many, many other people. Let go of the nonsensical fantasy that is NewJeans not sitting on top of the K-Pop Queendom with no real challengers in sight

That's 2 million albums sold in a little over a month. There is no feasible way to doompost this

Combining the album sales of two completely different releases to try to paint as a W for them and not the over 50% drop of each, we hit a new low for newjeans fans fellas, we are witnessing amounts of cope I thought it was impossible, just embarrassing.

Mad because you've been officially crowned village idiot after all your threads backfired horrendously?

Saw you mistaking the obsession with NewJeans for your own shit posts being relevant and laughed at your flop attempt at provoking Blinks.

Complete amateur. Leave triggering deluded girl group stans to me. You're a victim just like them.

Just for this, I have a nice Twice thread I'll post later.

:meme-petty-express::meme-smirk::meme-how-about:

• Mad because you've been officially crowned village idiot after all your threads backfired horrendously?

Saw you mistaking the obsession with NewJeans for your own shit posts being relevant and laughed at your flop attempt at provoking Blinks.

Complete amateur. Leave triggering deluded girl group stans to me. You're a victim just like them.

Just for this, I have a nice Twice thread I'll post later.

:meme-petty-express::meme-smirk::meme-how-about:

So corny and delusional to the point is sad, pathetically combining sales of two albums just makes you a big joke. Newjeans streams still dropped 75%, their sales still dropped 50%, their japan debut is a flop, you can make up all scenarios in your head and believe it to the point of embarrassment like this, it won't change newjeans downfall because hybe isn't committing fraud and payola anymore.

• So corny and delusional to the point is sad, pathetically combining sales of two albums just makes you a big joke. Newjeans streams still dropped 75%, their sales still dropped 50%, their japan debut is a flop, you can make up all scenarios in your head and believe it to the point of embarrassment like this, it won't change newjeans downfall because hybe isn't committing fraud and payola anymore.

Johnny English Agent GIF

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Giggles GIF

• Yeah buddy, when Twice released like 5 albums back to back in 2020 people refused to accept that argument :pepe-toilet:

When did Twice release back to back albums in the same promotion cycle?

And of course it counts.

The problem back then was their flopping digitals that have since never recovered.

• Ok so by that dumb logic why didn't How sweet sold like 3 millions? first album after the longest NewJeans hiatus means bunnies had a long time ass to save money? What are you saying? They wouldn't spend on buying the same album over and over again? I guess my point was just proven it is still 2 different albums if all 4 songs were in the same album they would have sold the same amount of albums with maybe a few more, they wouldn't have sold 2 millions please tell me you are not actually believing your delusion and you are just trolling

• Johnny English Agent GIF

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Giggles GIF

Since you missed it so much here we go again:

Gaon sales

Get Up: 2,142,195

How Sweet: 1,085,355

Drop: 50%

Supernatural: 1,021,730

Drop: 53%

Congratulations fraudjeans for being the only top girl group to ever drop 50% of sales, sadly bsh isn't going to sajaegi 100k copies for you to beat aespa anymore

• Ok so by that dumb logic why didn't How sweet sold like 3 millions? first album after the longest NewJeans hiatus means bunnies had a long time ass to save money?

We don't get to dictate how fans spend their money. I don't think this is a complicated concept. Fans usually have literal months in between comebacks to save money for the different versions of the album they want to buy.

In this case, there were only days to decide, and over that very small time frame, there were so many versions of each album to choose from. Of course that's going to split up the sales for each.

This isn't head canon; it's reality. I'm not going out on the streets using my supernatural powers to locate and interrogate any Bunny walking around, but I'm in the NJ discord, browse the subreddit every day and also scroll through NJ twitter. Literally on every platform Bunnies were talking about how they'd have to choose between going all-out on one or the other, not both.

They wouldn't spend on buying the same album over and over again?

Sure. But not in back to back months. Do you know what is literally the most essential factor to the value of your money? Time. Especially for younger fans.

You asked me If I bought both, and I told you that I didn't, and I have plenty of money to spare on albums. I chose the album with the aesthetic I preferred, and because walking around with a cutesy drawstring bag doesn't really fit my vibe.

The numbers are what they are:

2.1 million albums sold in just over a month in one promotional cycle

It took a year for Get Up to sell that many copies. How is this not sensational growth?

Stop doing mental gymnastics to find ways to undermine that.

• Since you missed it so much here we go again:

Since you missed it so much, here we go again:

External Content twitter.com

:meme-trying-not-to-laugh:

• How low you have fallen

• Since you missed it so much, here we go again:

Unrelated:

But i always love when you share this tweet, it has my fav part of ABCD. :thumbs-up:

IN LOVE IN LOVE CANT GET ENOUGH~!

I DONT CARE AND I LIKE YEAH!

A TO Z YOURE MY TYPE YEAH.

:twerkingpepe::twerkingpepe::twerkingpepe:

• yama’s dramatics aside, it’s fair for us fans to say it’s impressive. i’m really happy they’re doing well, i love the concepts and hopefully they can release that full album i’m chomping . hopefully they are steady for a while and maybe get another viral hit soon like aespa

• How low you have fallen

External Content youtu.be

• I was aware that their sales dropped, but didnt know it was by an entire 50%. That's pretty rough.

Hopefully they bounce back for next release.

They almost got the biggest drop in sales after the fraudulent era ended, only itzy got a slightly worse drop and they are missing a whole member too. Itzy got a 52.93% drop and newjeans a 52.31‬%, those numbers are insane.

• So do we combine stream numbers of songs that are released few weeks difference now?

We should combine the ULs and PAKs and everything as well

When group is declining you do.

74.1% drop in global filtered streams, 56.3% drop in album sales, and very average underlying numbers of out Japan

56.3% drop in album sales? No problems, lets combine everything.

Can only #3 in an empty house? No problems, lets combine everything.

Can't beat 3 month old song in Japan? No problems, lets combine everything.

74.1% drop in global filtered streams and can only chart for one day? No problems, lets combine everything.

MHJ should release a new 2 song mini every week. But the end of the year she will sell more albums than Taylor Swift.

• I think there's a "in-between" when It comes to 'How Sweet' and 'Supernatural' sales. Because, the same way that there are people who bought both albums as different albums and wouldn't buy more How Sweet or Supernatural copies If the gap between both was bigger, there are people who chose to buy just one of the albums, because they simply can't afford to have both.

The thing is that we just can't have any estimate of what represent the majority. The only thing we can do is not to count both albums together, but still recognize 'How Sweet' and 'Supernatural' sales individually do not represent what NewJeans could sell with a proper roll out and without two albums being sold simultaneously. It doesn't have to be 8 or 80.

• They almost got the biggest drop in sales after the fraudulent era ended, only itzy got a slightly worse drop and they are missing a whole member too. Itzy got a 52.93% drop and newjeans a 52.31‬%, those numbers are insane.

Oh, since Newjeans, the best selling gilrgroup of the world, have a drop of 50% in album sales and they are still on top, this mean Itzy is not so bad

pedro-pascal-mandalorian.gif

• MHJ should release a new 2 song mini every week. But the end of the year she will sell more albums than Taylor Swift.

I won't be surprised if mhj did this purposefully knowing newjeans have fans so pathetic and delusional to combine sales and still think they are winning instead of being embarrassed

• You can tell from the most active users in this thread who are the most insecure and upset about these numbers. The same knuckle dragging simpleton behavior that has proven unsuccessful in drowning out the incredible success of NewJeans.

So let me repeat it for the people in the back.

Get Up sold 2.1 million albums in a year.

How Sweet and Supernatural just sold 2.1 million albums in a month.

Now that's growth.

• Oh, since Newjeans, the best selling gilrgroup of the world, have a drop of 50% in album sales and they are still on top, this mean Itzy is not so bad

pedro-pascal-mandalorian.gif

Without lia hiatus itzy would have a lower drop than the most dominant and biggest girl group in the history of histories so I take it as a W.

The fact that we could even play along with this pathetic display of insecurity and accept your absurd argument and we will still see them drop 50% the next release. Dread it, run from it... newjeans sales downfall arrives all the same.

• Without lia hiatus itzy would have a lower drop than the most dominant and biggest girl group in the history of histories so I take it as a W.

The fact that we could even play along with this pathetic display of insecurity and accept your absurd argument and we will still see them drop 50% the next release. Dread it, run from it... newjeans sales downfall arrives all the same.

Lol Harvey GIF

Oh Hes Trying Steve Harvey GIF

Spam those generic lines 50 more times and your dreams might come true. Spam it 100 times and Twice might debut in the top 500 next album.

Laughing Steve Harvey GIF

• Newjeans albums dropping 50%, their streams dropping 75% and their japan debut flopping, believe me not even in my dreams newjeans downfall was so sweet and big.

You have no dreams. That's why you spend all your time here incoherently rambling about groups more relevant and successful than the has been group you used to live vicariously through back when they could at leach enter the bottom floor of the charts. :meme-wait-what:

It's a hard knock life, ain't it?

• You have no dreams. That's why you spend all your time here incoherently rambling about groups more relevant and successful than the has been group you used to live vicariously through back when they could at leach enter the bottom floor of the charts. :meme-wait-what:

It's a hard knock life, ain't it?

Translation: :meme-jerry-crying::meme-sobbing::meme-ahhh::meme-point::meme-leave-britney-alone:

• This thread contains 33 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!