"GFRIEND didn't disband but our contract was terminated by THAT agency." -GFRIEND LEADER "KIM SOWON"

• I see someone is bringing back the old 'they were unprofitable' thing despite the MHJ Hybe beef debunking it.

Just to run with your analogy btw - if the company raises your KPI's, revenue, profit aims to lets say, the best performer at the head office of their owner despite you being in an off shoot of an offshoot with far less resources and investment, your department being the main reason the company was acquired and the profit you generated is being eaten by other massive investments the company is making so they blame you for the shortfall and let you go, are your still going to take the blame for not being profitable enough?

Thank you the reason why Source was in the negative is clearly because they were preparing for a GG debut. Gfriend wasn’t selling million but they were selling over 100k albums per year which was respectable before 2020.

• I think it's very unfair to say if GFriend really wanted to stay together, they would have revamped.

Girl groups do not have the same level of fandoms that boy groups have to be able to pull it off, hence why the only girl group to ever really try was Brave girls 2 years after. They did not write much of their songs to have rights over them etc.

Not only that but Viviz was never an open invitation to every GFriend member that the other 3 passed on. It was Umji and Sinb originally and they asked Eunha to join.

Moving on doesn't mean they wanted to disband. From what Sinb said at their concert, their confidence in their ability to succeed was always low

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

d5d89d5cd0ded673ad05b4ad8aa66c2a681af589.webpdd50b6cd6932ff0d00806a3981d3928185ee94c1.webp889793cb4f55d557baefb7c564c4b94a3129681d.webp

• Historically, SHINHWA from SM split becos a member wasn't offered to re-sign, n the leader decided he would risk everything to keep 'em as 6(afaicr).

SNSD did not all re-sign with SM in 2017, n it took 5 yrs for release as full group in 2022. Now only half left in SM(No one knows if there'll be another OT8 release in future-2027?).

Tats even supposing all 6 members of Gfriend could hv found arrangement/agreement to stay as 6-it's kinda pointless if it takes 5 yrs till next release, ie 2027(?)

Apink, mamamoo, exid, BEG, BP as other examples where mmembers kinda continued as gg(just read only eunji remains signed rn tho, so not sure if apink officially disbanded/hiatus/inactive. Also not sure abt exid.) after solo activities out of original company(contrast with SouMu after HYBE acquisition, we still don't hv a official statement if HYBE offered any contract to remain as 6Friend or not)

At least this way(after HYBE non renewal), VIVIZ is active as 3 member gg, Yuju n Yerin hv solos, n Sowon can study n train as actress(as SONE n buddy, I can agree tat gfriend =/= SNSD level when renewal/attrition/last comeback(not counting 15 yr anniversary cb) just my opinion/0.02$[not even US, S.E.A unit of currency in my country 😀.

• As a buddy since 2016, this was pretty obvious. People talking about how they could have stayed together and how they formed Viviz later really have no idea about what they're talking about.

Some people already explained several points I'm not going to repeat them. It's obvious a situation like this it's not that easy, and apart from things such as what agencies each person go, it would also be completely understandable that some of them became tired of the idol life after being disbanded and, the more we know, the more it seems they were treated very poorly their last moments as idols under Gfriend's name which could be quite tiring and frustrating for them.

What hurts me the most is how they were always mentioning how they wanted Gfriend to last long, I'm not talking just about their early days but until their last year of career they were always saying it, if you were in the fandom back then you know most of us took Apink's example as a role model and we thought they could be like them.

Of course you never know, many things can change, they indeed did, but it's undeniable where the turning point of their career was, and I'm not talking about success. They were not that popular among the public anymore but as already mentioned too, they had a pretty strong fandom and were entablished... Companies have the last word sadly.

• they had been underperforming for years before being part of hybe.

hybe gave them a chance and another, but they still underperformed.

They should have all joined viviz if they were so eager to continue as a group

• Not only that but Viviz was never an open invitation to every GFriend member that the other 3 passed on. It was Umji and Sinb originally and they asked Eunha to join.

Moving on doesn't mean they wanted to disband. From what Sinb said at their concert, their confidence in their ability to succeed was always low

That makes the original group look less good. If they didn't even invite all to join, then what are these complaints?

• I'll never understand why people feel compelled to do mental gymnastics and bend over backwards to find reasons to defend the shady practices of a giant conglomerate instead of sympathizing with the relatively powerless artists they treat like pawns on a chessboard.

• That makes the original group look less good. If they didn't even invite all to join, then what are these complaints?

Again, not staying together after doesn't mean they wanted to break up.

2nd, the others had signed to other agencies before Viviz was starting to take form. They were the last ones to sign to an agency

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

d5d89d5cd0ded673ad05b4ad8aa66c2a681af589.webpdd50b6cd6932ff0d00806a3981d3928185ee94c1.webp889793cb4f55d557baefb7c564c4b94a3129681d.webp

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

THAT agency intoxicated the whole industry

"You can troll on your main and we have plenty examples of that" (c) Ves

soojin-seo-soojin.gifsoojin-seo-soojin.gifsoojin-gidle.gif

• YG is unexpectedly kind to all their past artists. Other companies should take note

Kind? Are you kidding? They only give IKON their trademark because they weren't half as big as Bigbang, 2NE1 or Blackpink.

G-Dragon only got his trademark back after 20 YEARS, when he's basically the guy who built YG and didn't let YG becoming a fast food restaurant.🤣

I'm pretty sure, 2NE1 still owned by YG as well. The same thing will happen to BP, he's never gonna give the name back to them. YGE is anything but kind, they're easily one of the worst Kpop company.

• The "funny" thing is, that so many Kpop fans think everything is simple. If an Idol group want to do something, they can do it. Someone else already said, it's MUCH harder for girl groups, and not just that. Even tho they basically kicked GFriend out after they built their company and gave to Le Sserafim, the girls didn't have many choices, they don't own GFriend.

It's not about who's flop and who's not. It's time to move on from this BS that you guys call every Idol a flop, just because they don't have 100M views and don't chart in TOP100.

You live in a freakin' fantasy world, where people can do anything if they want, but real life is nothing like that. Especially in the Music Industry. And especially for WOMEN!

Also, I don't think anyone is close with them to know every detail. The only thing you know is what you read online, and most of those clickbait articles are false anyway or only contains half-truths.

• Didn't Highlight make their own label after leaving cube?

Still there's a lot what ifs and maybes and who knows for me to make any assumptions about what they chose to do.

External Content youtu.be

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!