NewJeans How Sweet leaves Spotify Global 200 after 3 weeks, a generational downfall story

• When I made my thread about newjeans results with how sweet on spotify US the usual cries were that it was too soon, that you just wait, in the end newjeans and their fans will have the last laugh and celebrate when the song becomes a huge hit just like their past singles were. Well we are here now 3 weeks later and no newjeans fan is laughing or celebrating. In all honesty I never expected to be proved right about newjeans success totally depending on hybe money and connections this early, is all thanks to min hee jin idiocy this is possible, huge thanks to that crazy lady.

So here are the details to understand this generational downfall by comparing how super shy was doing at that same point:

Super Shy day #23 on spotify

Position: 23 (+5)

Streams: 3,581,065

How Sweet day #23 on spotify

Position: out of top 200

Streams: below 1,282,993

Drop: at least 65%

Screenshot_20240616_140839.png

The difference in playlisting explains the decline, and shows what label supports can do for a song

screenshot-songstats.com-2024.06.16-15_28_43.png

screenshot-songstats.com-2024.06.16-15_29_50.png

132M with super shy VS 36M with how sweet, abysmal difference, hybe clearly won against MHJ in the end. In the last 100 days hybe has proved two important things to all their groups:

1. WE MADE YOU, we own your success, that's not something that comes from you but the massive promotional structure we created with our money and connections. We can create top groups out of nowhere and the top groups will be whoever we wish, you [the members of the group] are really not that important, at a moments notice we can create another group with less talented, charismatic or good looking idols and it will be just as successful if we want.
    2. And just like the success comes from hybe they can take it at any moment, the moment we want it you will stop being a top group so never forget it, no matter how successful you think you are, you are not our most valuabable assest, you are only as successful as we allow you to be.

Genuinely this has been the hugest and most sudden downfall I have witnessed, and I'm glad I was so right when I claimed all of newjeans success was thanks to hybe. Illit, lesserafim, aespa and I think even babymonster sheesh did better on spotify, crazy times.

• Newjeans would be fine, they have got your favs obsessed

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• If it were IVE, GIDLE, LE SSERAFIM, AESPA they be dragged to hell calling their performance a flop if not already for some of them. Since NJ is a top group, they are lucky, we will call it underperformance. Their song choices and rollouts are really horrible with all the hype ongoing this era.

:pepecry:

largest-black-hole-ever-discovered-and-our-solar-system-v0-7f2732pvic8d1.jpeg?auto=webp&s=e8d9cc542df13a70453229571ef06c9b5942271a:meme-bonk:   :rolleyes:X/:facepalm: :meme-hiss:

Edited 2 times, last by Wateris ().

• Hybe will go all out for Illit and Le Sserafim.

GQFxcqvaQAAfQEW?format=jpg&name=medium

Despite everything, Hybe knows how to music

Katseye 1st single is promising too.

External Content youtu.be

• Despite everything, Hybe knows how to music

Katseye 1st single is promising too.

UMG + Hybe America + Geffen

A combo so terrifying but as long as they don't mediaplay BTS in any shape or form, I'll enjoy the gg fan wars quietly on the sidelines.

giphy.gif

• The way this song is smaller than I am, after like, sheesh, supernova, antifragile, queen card… so many other songs tokkis were calling flops :iconpepe:

The downfalll is crazy, newjeans have officially peaked in their rookie era. I knew it was gonna happen but not THIS fast, even twice lasted much much longer

• The way this song is smaller than I am, after like, sheesh, supernova, antifragile, queen card… so many other songs tokkis were calling flops :iconpepe:

The downfalll is crazy, newjeans have officially peaked in their rookie era. I knew it was gonna happen but not THIS fast, even twice lasted much much longer

am i crazy or is this the most blatant display of a dupe acc replying to their own thread made by their main acc :meme-kek:

at least try to be subtle about it lol the way you type and speak is literally the same i- :meme-hide-the-pain:

• am i crazy or is this the most blatant display of a dupe acc replying to their own thread made by their main acc :meme-kek:

at least try to be subtle about it lol the way you type and speak is literally the same i- :meme-hide-the-pain:

Says the user who has made like a bajillion accs at this point, don’t project on me :suure:

⭐️LISA CAN YOU TEACH ME JAPANESE⭐️

• Says the user who has made like a bajillion accs at this point, don’t project on me :suure:

nuh uh, i’ve never had more than 1 active acc at the same time; don’t try to lump me in with the likes of you :fingerk:

not my fault this forum loves to sweep its owner’s crimes under a rug, and you can literally be banned at the blink of at eye if you so much as breathe a word of criticism of the incompetence of the people at the top :teeheek:

• am i crazy or is this the most blatant display of a dupe acc replying to their own thread made by their main acc :meme-kek:

You somehow managing to be the dumbest newjeans fan in this thread is an accomplishment, you for sure are nuts because I'm not invested enough in this forum to create another account, but if you want to cope like that loser, go ahead.

• And I liked every interaction because my problem is not with newjeans members, is their fans the issue

• oh I see. I thought it smashed big out of the box. Interesting

Magnetic on debut did really well with HORRIBLE playlisting. Hybe didn't do anything until the third day really. So now that they've seen how they can do without their help on debut, they will definitely go ham on all promo.

And I'll be watching :pepe-tea:

• You somehow managing to be the dumbest newjeans fan in this thread is an accomplishment, you for sure are nuts because I'm not invested enough in this forum to create another account, but if you want to cope like that loser, go ahead.

Aside from the usual insults - a favourite move from people who can’t hold an argument for 2 seconds without resorting to personal attacks - the fact that you think i’m as much of a loser as yall to care or “cope” if some losers fight each other about some random people’s achievements online :meme-kek:

idgaf if you go after nj or any other group for “flopping” or whatever; you’ve already demonstrated how pathetic you are (tho you’re not alone in that, i’ll give you that), why tf would i care what you say lol

Just calling out what i see as i see it, you don’t need to act so sensitive like i touched a nerve or sth :teeheek:

• Aside from the usual insults - a favourite move from people who can’t hold an argument for 2 seconds without resorting to personal attacks - the fact that you think i’m as much of a loser as yall to care or “cope” if some losers fight each other about some random people’s achievements online :meme-kek:

idgaf if you go after nj or any other group for “flopping” or whatever; you’ve already demonstrated how pathetic you are (tho you’re not alone in that, i’ll give you that), why tf would i care what you say lol

Just calling out what i see as i see it, you don’t need to act so sensitive like i touched a nerve or sth :teeheek:

After reading all this crap I will go ahead and say you are yama dupe account, both make the same nonsensical arguments

• After reading all this crap I will go ahead and say you are yama dupe account, both make the same nonsensical arguments

I’d rather be a fool than a pathetic kpop stan obsessed with nonsensical fanwars; i have better use of my time and brain power :fingerk:

Also that dubious honour of being yama’s dupe goes to david, don’t lump me in with them too :meme-begone:

• Its armys faults

Looks like Army are the God of K-pop for you all. They can create success and destroy careers!

About NJ, their next songs don’t look too good either. That comeback might be saved by the Murakami merch but I said it already, I actually believe losing MHJ could have help them evolve musically.

• Looks like Army are the God of K-pop for you all. They can create success and destroy careers!

About NJ, their next songs don’t look too good either. That comeback might be saved by the Murakami merch but I said it already, I actually believe losing MHJ could have help them evolve musically.

I agree with it. Look at all the collaboration, projects and on look of the companies under Hybe right now because Ador is very subdued by themselves. No freedom like the others, and we know why the company is run the way it's now.

largest-black-hole-ever-discovered-and-our-solar-system-v0-7f2732pvic8d1.jpeg?auto=webp&s=e8d9cc542df13a70453229571ef06c9b5942271a:meme-bonk:   :rolleyes:X/:facepalm: :meme-hiss:

Edited once, last by Wateris ().

• "132M with super shy VS 36M with how sweet, abysmal difference, hybe clearly won against MHJ in the end. In the last 100 days hybe has proved two important things to all their groups"

I have to disagree a bit, How Sweet initial performance isn't that great or viral enough for Hybe to promote and push it more. If NJ reached Spotify top 50, could have gotten an extra 17m playlists.

• Publicly siding with MHJ yet wanting to stay in HYBE cost those girls so many casual fans. I will also say that the promotional rollout for 2 double singles released a month apart is already not a good sign. But add on top of that: Bubble Gum being YT exclusive for weeks, then the physical version of How Sweet/Bubble Gum comes out. 3 weeks later Right Now is dropped as a YT exclusive but only for 4 days, then the physical version of Right Now/Supernatural releases. On top of that there was confusion about which singles were for their Japanese debut, which songs were collabs with which brands, and why were some singles being released on YT only and not other streaming platforms.

TLDR; HYBE vs. ADOR and the confusing rollout schedule made casual listeners lose interest in these comebacks. I almost forgot How Sweet was coming out until I saw fans trending it on Twitter.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Could jyp be begging to get the hybe connection on spotify, we'll see in the future folks

Just use whatever button is there on artist page that offer to put the song's Discover, playlists, autoplay and pay the price to Spotify by the revenue cut from total streams.

TTH and other playlist, they can reach to Spotify directly. Just email them.

:pepe-clown-gear:

Edited once, last by Wateris ().

• "132M with super shy VS 36M with how sweet, abysmal difference, hybe clearly won against MHJ in the end. In the last 100 days hybe has proved two important things to all their groups"

I have to disagree a bit, How Sweet initial performance isn't that great or viral enough for Hybe to promote and push it more. If NJ reached Spotify top 50, could have gotten an extra 17m playlists.

That isn't needed at all for hybe to put them in big playlists, we saw that with attention already.

question

as aespa cmb happen around the same time

how much is supernova playlisting? considering aespa didnt use to do as well but now spend more than a month charting spotify 200

They got 40M-50M, normal amount of playlisting, twice has barely ever surpassed that with any of their release, the only way to cross 100M is with your label paying for it,

screenshot-songstats.com-2024.06.16-19_00_10.png

• Publicly siding with MHJ yet wanting to stay in HYBE cost those girls so many casual fans. I will also say that the promotional rollout for 2 double singles released a month apart is already not a good sign. But add on top of that: Bubble Gum being YT exclusive for weeks, then the physical version of How Sweet/Bubble Gum comes out. 3 weeks later Right Now is dropped as a YT exclusive but only for 4 days, then the physical version of Right Now/Supernatural releases. On top of that there was confusion about which singles were for their Japanese debut, which songs were collabs with which brands, and why were some singles being released on YT only and not other streaming platforms.

TLDR; HYBE vs. ADOR and the confusing rollout schedule made casual listeners lose interest in these comebacks. I almost forgot How Sweet was coming out until I saw fans trending it on Twitter.

I have no idea at all when right now will be on other streaming platforms, worst part is that newjeans fans were bragging about them crushing the competence despite those awful rollouts by ador, ador just did a microsoft or apple and sell them an awful bug as a feature. I'm sure mhj was not counting on losing hybe support when she planned all of this, and hybe support is the only reason all newjeans rollout worked in the past, so it backfired now.

• If it were IVE, GIDLE, LE SSERAFIM, AESPA they be dragged to hell calling their performance a flop if not already for some of them. Since NJ is a top group, they are lucky, we will call it underperformance.

Their song choices and rollouts are really horrible with all the hype ongoing this era.

People already did call IVE reaching No.1 as a flop whereas others groups peaking at No.2 is understandable and expected due to it being blocked by a "viral" song

And even right now when IVE peak at No.2 they call it flop but call their own faves blocked by "viral song", when IVE was literally blocked by one of the artists that has the most viral songs ever + one of the biggest female kpop idols ever collab, which was by the day only released 3 days before Heya.

• Just use whatever button is there on artist page that offer to put the song's Discover, playlists, autoplay and pay the price to Spotify by the revenue cut from total streams.

TTH and other playlist, they can reach to Spotify directly. Just email them.

:pepe-clown-gear:

Lol, I'm sure they've done it, still need to get the contact to get the top of autoplay list tho

They really need them atp cause nobody really tune in

• HYBE is not going to crank the playlisting until they see that the song has potential or is gaining momentum. Super shy and Ditto were getting decent streams before it got put onto playlists.

How sweet debuted lower and never reached above 2M streams. So yeah, HYBE isn’t going to push it (ie TTH).

• Secondly ADOR NEEDS TO STOP releasing MVs before it goes on streaming services. Especially weeks before (Bubblegum).

ADOR promotional strats weren’t good. And I think that had a bigger effect than losing hybe or hybe Stan support.

• That isn't needed at all for hybe to put them in big playlists, we saw that with attention already.

They got 40M-50M, normal amount of playlisting, twice has barely ever surpassed that with any of their release, the only way to cross 100M is with your label paying for it,

screenshot-songstats.com-2024.06.16-19_00_10.png

so mot very much differne from how sweet

aespa reception this era been way better, their streams are carry by sea fans that help a lot but its obv that they like their songs more than how sweet

• This thread contains 64 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!