Newjeans - Right Now MV Teaser #2 (MV release on 17th June)

• 17th June the mv for Right now will be released

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

First teaser

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

BunniesTaglist

MASHIRO

2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv 5d5af69566f510634a33f7872a6a1d2060660504.gifv 2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv 2345da50879ac97ff52e1aad2faeecbfbd68798a.gifv 2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv 56959991afe4d396e38842dc0e1e20e6f89ab0b6.gifv 2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv

Edited once, last by atropos ().

• I missed out. The mv will be released on 17th June. The video looks super cute from the teasers.

External Content x.com

MASHIRO

2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv 5d5af69566f510634a33f7872a6a1d2060660504.gifv 2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv 2345da50879ac97ff52e1aad2faeecbfbd68798a.gifv 2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv 56959991afe4d396e38842dc0e1e20e6f89ab0b6.gifv 2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv

• atropos

Changed the title of the thread from “Newjeans - Right Now MV Teaser #2” to “Newjeans - Right Now MV Teaser #2 (MV release on 17th June)”.
  • This looks cute and that dance looks like a lot of fun. They are only going to release the MV? At least it is just a few days of waiting for digital release compared to bubble gum.

6/17 to 6/21 thankfully isn't too long of a wait. I still don't really get the pros of this strategy, so maybe someone can unearth solid reasons for not having the MV debut and song release on streaming platforms at the same time (Bubblegum probably would've gotten a PAK if it didn't release nearly a month after the MV).

• 6/17 to 6/21 thankfully isn't too long of a wait. I still don't really get the pros of this strategy, so maybe someone can unearth solid reasons for not having the MV debut and song release on streaming platforms at the same time (Bubblegum probably would've gotten a PAK if it didn't release nearly a month after the MV).

Maybe give maximum exposure and hype to the mv?

Also mondey mv release and friday digital release seems like the best of the two worlds smh.

The problem with BG was that the song was released a month later. Even a week later would have been ok but one whole month is too much. It made the song lost it's hype and novelty factor.

• External Content x.com

External Content x.com

MASHIRO

• External Content x.com

External Content x.com

MHJ support bullying. :mads:

• i guess we have different tastes :pepe-shrug:

Yup :eyes: .

To me ETA could have been a great song but the constant horn sound kinda ruined it. It's the only NJs song that i feel so regretful about and im waiting for a remix to properly enjoy it.

I like to loop my songs and ETA is unloopable lol. That horn sound goes straigt up on my nerves. Like it's strident man :watt: .

• Yup :eyes: .

To me ETA could have been a great song but the constant horn sound kinda ruined it. It's the only NJs song that i feel so regretful about and im waiting for a remix to properly enjoy it.

I like to loop my songs and ETA is unloopable lol. That horn sound goes straigt up on my nerves. Like it's strident man :watt: .

For me this dance practice / performance video of eta made it one of my fav newjeans song

Its sounds like a fun party song

• Cookie #2 is based. MINDA’s band remix of it

is 🔥 also Zero is hella underrated - apart from the chorus everything else is straight up cocaine

• Lemme share minee:

1. Attention
    2. Cookie
    3. Super Shy
    4. OMG
    5. Hype Boy
    6. Bubble Gum
    7. ASAP
    8. How Sweet
    9. Ditto
    10. Hurt

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。 I just wanna continue my pace ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。

is 🔥 also Zero is hella underrated - apart from the chorus everything else is straight up cocaine

Even the chorus is amazing

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。 I just wanna continue my pace ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。

• For me this dance practice / performance video of eta made it one of my fav newjeans song

Its sounds like a fun party song

Great remix :love: . See i wanted the original song to sound more like this ¬‿¬ .

Giiiirl yaaasss :pepe-high-five: . We get each other 100% :pepelove2: .

---

And I boped so hard to Zero :pepe-pj-green::twerkingpepe: .

Actually at first the zero chorus was very random, wierd and extra simplistic (specially in contrast to the very dynamic melodic pre choruses), but the word play and the context made it actually pretty quirky and hip smh. It even got catchy at some point :pepe-joy: . The song was a pretty daring move tho ¬‿¬ . (which i think is fun)

• damn, ditto is pretty low :wow: but attention and cookie in the top 3 is 🔥.

happy that you can appreciate ASAP aka NJs most artsy, dreamy and unique song :pepelove2: .

yup bubblegum is amazing and yup team Attention :pepe-yes-sign:.

anyway all nj songs are good, so now it's all about which ones are good and which ones are great ^^.

and then the ranking it just up to each ones preference :wellr: .

• 6/17 to 6/21 thankfully isn't too long of a wait. I still don't really get the pros of this strategy, so maybe someone can unearth solid reasons for not having the MV debut and song release on streaming platforms at the same time (Bubblegum probably would've gotten a PAK if it didn't release nearly a month after the MV).

When this is all over and we can have a real thread without being invaded by crazies, we need to talk about how Ador's promotion strategy has always been fatally flawed but NewJeans carried to success

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

d5d89d5cd0ded673ad05b4ad8aa66c2a681af589.webpdd50b6cd6932ff0d00806a3981d3928185ee94c1.webp889793cb4f55d557baefb7c564c4b94a3129681d.webp

I can think of three big ones (but overall about 6 are explained below), but essentially its for long term profit over streams and the money and industry rep they earn from it far outweights getting PAK's and any income generated from it, they likely save huge amounts of money at points so its no wonder newjeans can donate so much already.

1 - Its part of the artistic vision/marketing strategy. If they drop both at the same time people can listen without the MV. Alot of their music and concept plays into nostalgia, its easier to trigger that with visuals vs music alone, going for it too hard with the song risks the music sounding outdated. The gap is big enough that most of their audience would check out the MV and be influenced by the nostalgic look so even on future listens it gives the same feeling. Also for them, the artistic vision is becoming as important to their branding as the music is, there are few groups who managed to get that kind of branding right from the get go, best to emphasise it where they can and set themselves apart. By giving the visuals as high a billing as the music which draws in creative types and big IP who know their stuff will be given alot of focus and attention to details and prolongs the hype leading up to release and promo time without actually doing any extra work. The amount of discussion and fan theories surrounding MV's like cool with you were only possible because people watched it over and over and were forced to pay attention to the most minute detail, which we often don't do because the MV drops then we are running to check charting etc and all the creative details fall to the wayside. I mean PPG's? Murakami? big actors left and right? It only makes sense because the visuals are treated like an event within themselves and each MV is given its own time to shine away from streaming. This allows them to make multiple big deals with big names at the same time and assure them they'll each get lots of focus and when the digitals are release together, it makes the brands put effort into advertising their work with them and gives the album as a whole extra push without ador having to do anything.

2- YT relationship. YT is still trying to grow in Korea and worldwide, just looking at how much effort they put into advertising supershy should tell you alot. With the music being exclusively available to the majority through YT music, the only app you'd be able to listen through would be YT music. Which means more people may try the trial, download the app and potentially move from spotify or apple music. The market is tense between those big companies now so they are all trying everything to stand out. With their growing market cap in SK and the rise of kpop, it makes sense they are trying to secure a wider userbase by any means necessary, I don't doubt they likely paid newjeans to drop exclusive challenges on YT to compete with tik tok and YT may be paying them to do the delay drops even now or even promising them the algorithm will be nice to them. I remember a huge YT campaign around them for get up, I don't doubt YT was the one paying for it in exchange for them pushing YT music and shorts for supershy instead of apple music or tik tok, both of which would have made more sense at that time.

3- Ad deals. Many companies love to advertise and these days the most important thing is to know your target audience are tuning in, are likely to come back and to know a large volume of them are tuning in. The delay gives advertisers more security that the user base will come back, and since they will rewatch, it makes the product more likely to stick in your head. They are probs getting huge amounts of data that is hard to get in the industry which allows them to have better negotiation power with advertisers and potential sponsors. Remember the nike ditto ad? I imagine someone at nike was furious they didn't get involved sooner. Imagine the ad was dropped as the first teaser to that CB? It would have been insane promo for them, especially with how huge ditto ended up being. I bet thats one of the reasons why apple, coca cola and YT music went so hard for get up and it worked out well for them, 2 of 3 ended up winning advertising awards and YT's profile for shorts increase loads.

• Wow, thank you for explaining. Those all seem extremely plausible. Their team almost always seem like they put a lot of thought into their decisions.

• Wow, thank you for explaining. Those all seem extremely plausible. Their team almost always seem like they put a lot of thought into their decisions.

No worries, this is just my opinion but I give weight to them looking at marketing since they got so many ad deals so fast with big companies, Hybe alone can't explain things like the bank, study company or the initial iphone deal. It feels like they must have some extra info to make their case normal rookie groups don't have, and most of the above tends to be available after groups hold solo concerts in years 3-4. MHJ has always focused on getting the biggest bang for her buck so I wouldn't put it past her.

• anyway all nj songs are good, so now it's all about which ones are good and which ones are great ^^.

more like which ones are great and which ones are super great! NJ best music <3

ASAP is actually quite underrated, last year it was my most streamed NJ song

Attention changed my life so it's always gonna be no. 1

People like to shit on Cookie bc of the allegations but forget how much of a banger it is, was my most listened song of 2022

I am addicted to Bubble gum atm so yea

About Ditto, I cry every time I hear it bc of the MV so its kinda complicatec :cryingr:

• They always kinda do that to Hyein, but I think it suits her, she looks like a doll

• ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。 I just wanna continue my pace ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。

• Giiirl yass :lover3: .

Cookie is THE njs songs I have boped the hardest to specially in 2022! I only put Ditto first because i have a deeper emotional connection with that song :teddy-pepe: .

I think Asap might be MhJs favorite song lol because she gave it the best mv after Ditto :dancer: .

And Bubble Gum is sooooo good :lover1::lover1:.

• This thread contains 8 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!