Hybe idols' vocals...

• Will they ever get better?

It's embarrassing to see a kpop group get bashed for poor vocals on an international stage when they come from a huge label that is supposed to have all the required resources to give the best live performances possible.

Has this happened before to idols from smaller labels?

Vocals need consistency even if the idols aren't that talented. Is this why some labels like SM take long to let their idols perform live at festivals and to hold concerts in general?

It's so frustrating!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• no, because HYBE doesn't prioritize vocals

They need to have stable live performances even with low quality vocals.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• They know their fans don't care about live vocals...or vocals for that matter.

And yet they perform at events that are not meant only for their fans. I mean that's why their vocals are talked about.

• Why is it bothering people so much? :eyes:

We're getting good music in the end, TBH. Hybe especially needs to go out of their way to put out a vocal focused groups, but they truly prefer preformative groups rather. Think the newly debuted rookies like TWS, BND are great, but I guess people want a vocal powerhouse girl group. What we know is that Hybe doesn't care about vocals, unlike SM, YG, JYP. What they do best is that they get some unique tones and work around it to give their music the flair that needed with auto-tunes. They churn out groups like a factory machine every year, did anyone think they will invest time to train a vocally strong group for a few years before debut? Why broke what's working, as most Hybe groups are successful regardless. What matter the most is music, and they know that the best in the current music scene.

:pepe-joy:

:rolleyes:X/:facepalm:

Edited 2 times, last by Wateris ().

They make money and gain fans, and their music (production version) is good quality and mv in general are good as well. You already know the answer, it's less about their health and throat, more about frustration regarding their market capture also some other actually popular groups also don't sing that well either as it's more focused on dancing with hard choreography for every kpop group imo.

We're getting good music in the end, TBH. Hybe especially needs to go out of their way to put out a vocal focused groups, but they truly prefer preformative groups rather. Think the newly debuted rookies like TWS, BND are great, but I guess people want a vocal powerhouse girl group. What we know is that Hybe doesn't care about vocals, unlike SM, YG, JYP. What they do best is that they get some unique tones and work around it to give their music the flair that needed with auto-tunes. They churn out groups like a factory machine every year, did anyone think they will invest time to train a vocally strong group for a few years before debut? Why broke what's working, as most Hybe groups are successful regardless. What matter the most is music, and they know that the best in the current music scene.

SM - Vocals

YG - Rap

JYP - Dance

HYBE - Mediaplay

• Boycott the acts with crappy vocals plz

I actually do feel bad for the idols everytime they give poor performances and get hated for it. Imagine how they feel after such performances.

• doubt they care. They still get paid.

money-crying.gif

If they don't care then it's very good for them.

But I think some care. I remember a G Idle member who had their solo performance deleted I think and she apologised or something.

• Listen to Opera guys! Classical singers are trained to be the best vocalists! If you care about the wonder of a quality tone and superb techinque. :pepe-toast:

* * * * * * •×• * * * * * *

• Why are you making this thread now? Hybe vocal bashing is so last month.

Nobody cares if you don't like their vocals. Just DON'T LISTEN to them. Hopefully you have bigger things in life to worry about than the vocals of idols you don't even like.

PLEASE touch grass.

Nobody cares if you don't like their vocals. Just DON'T LISTEN to them. Hopefully you have bigger things in life to worry about than the vocals of idols you don't even like.

PLEASE touch grass.

Probably pissed that SM idols will never have the same level of recognition as HYBE idols no matter how many misplaced high notes they hit in their songs. :pepe-joy:

PLEASE touch grass.

maybe he wasnt around last month? OP were you out touching grass last month?

• Vocals never really matterd much in the music industry. If they did Selene Gomez and Taylor Swift wouldn't be as popular as they are and Madonna wouldn't be queen of pop. Music quality and it facator are alot more important. But it still would be good if hybe focused more on vocals. It's better for the artists.

• Vocals never really matterd much in the music industry. If they did Selene Gomez and Taylor Swift wouldn't be as popular as they are and Madonna wouldn't be queen of pop. Music quality and it facator are alot more important. But it still would be good if hybe focused more on vocals. It's better for the artists.

Taylor was selected to be an superstar from her younger days, they always knew she would pull a lot of $$ so they preped her.

that is true...taylor swift is the biggest name in the business despite her average vocals.

• exos music was made the same way all other SM music was made u think you're special :meme-picard-facepalm:

Not really. IMO EXO’s high notes have never sounded out of place unlike for their other groups. Mostly because EXO almost always only sing what they’re capable of and I think that’s something they choose to do.

You might think all of SM is the same but for me SM has only produced one decent group in their entire history and it’s EXO

• i stan Jungkook King of vocals, his voice sound like honey to my ears, he is extremely stable live with heavy choreography, plus he have masterpieces like SNTY and Still with you, so a perfect balance between good voice and good songs, i cant stan a group only on vocals if i hate the songs (the case with basically all sm groups)

• I feel like HYBE just enhanced and expanded something very common in kpop which is exchanging talent for looks, it's not new, it's not just on hybe (inst this why kpop literally has a visual position in groups lol) but before there was a good balance between the idols in a group, there was room for the talented ones and to the dazziling ones and some all rounded...but now the visual is definitely the x factor to make it

• Not really. IMO EXO’s high notes have never sounded out of place unlike for their other groups. Mostly because EXO almost always only sing what they’re capable of and I think that’s something they choose to do.

You might think all of SM is the same but for me SM has only produced one decent group in their entire history and it’s EXO

who are these groups that sing high notes out of place and who can't sing them apparently?

SM made my faves who aren't exo. I don't think exo are anything special.

• You feel bad, but you make topic 824647 about the subject.

How many times have I talked about this?

Listen to Opera guys! Classical singers are trained to be the best vocalists! If you care about the wonder of a quality tone and superb techinque. :pepe-toast:

This doesn't help bad singers at all. If an idol debuts as a singer, the least they can do is give good live performances within their abilities period.

Vocals never really matterd much in the music industry. If they did Selene Gomez and Taylor Swift wouldn't be as popular as they are and Madonna wouldn't be queen of pop. Music quality and it facator are alot more important. But it still would be good if hybe focused more on vocals. It's better for the artists.

Do Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift give bad live performances to the point where they get bashed?

There are many singers who aren't as skilled as Celine Dion, Whitney Houston, Mariah Carrey during her prime etc but perform so well live. Britney Spears is the best example in POP for Kpop, IU is a very good example.

• i stan Jungkook King of vocals, his voice sound like honey to my ears, he is extremely stable live with heavy choreography, plus he have masterpieces like SNTY and Still with you, so a perfect balance between good voice and good songs, i cant stan a group only on vocals if i hate the songs (the case with basically all sm groups)

Jungkook took vocal lessons outside of HYBE for a reason tho.

• This thread contains 4 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!