Hybe vs MHJ public fight making headlines but it will all blow over just like every scandal. The REALLY important stuff happens over the next month.

• Ive

Aespa

New Jeans

All of them will be making comebacks.

These comebacks will tell us two very important things.

1. This is specific to New Jeans.

Everyone is screaming about how Knetz on K forums are on MHJ's side and that this proves that Korean GP is on her side as well. They're using NJs short term rise on K charts as evidence. Well let's see. Let's see for real if NJ was impacted, positively or negatively, by analyzing the upcoming comeback.

If they dont match Supershy, Ditto, Attention comebacks, we will know that NONE of the so called Knetz opinions matter. Just like NONE of that mattered when Jisoo's scandal made HUGE news on Kforums, when LSRFM and IDle's scandals made HUGE news on Kforums, when even Zico made HUGE news on Kforums with the Golden Phone.

I've always said that Pann, Nate, Qoo, etc are worthless, that nobody outside a few thousand trolls and their fake burner accounts with multiple spam phone numbers and email accounts posts on them.

We'll see when the rubber meets the road if they truly represent Korean GP. :pepe-tea:

2. I'm wondering if this whole scandal has turned off the GP from the Kpop GG scene as a whole. I will be watching Ive/Aespa/NJ comebacks closely to see their actual charting on Melon. Whereas my first point was about Kforums specifically and if they truly represent GP by analyzing only NJ, i am wondering if there will be aftereffects against Kpop GG's in general.

Ive and Aespa have been 99 percent spared from Kforum hate.

But if their charting ends up weaker than the past, then we'll know that yet another sea change could be happening amongst Korean GP music listening trends. We've already seen little hints pointing to this.

Idle's title song flopping (they were saved by Jpop style anime song but their Kpop GG style song flopped).

TWS and Riize blowing up on Melon

Ive's last comeback flopping by their standards

New Jeans english song flopping

LSRFM's title song flopping, only saved by a B side doing unusually well yet again

Soloists and other non Kpop randos shocking Kcharts this year like Bibi

So we'll see. :pepe-notes:

• I mean... the public support isn't only on k-forums, its on non-korean platforms like Twitter,Youtube and Instagram as well with support getting overwhelming amount of likes/rts.

Its incredibly viral on Youtube especially, check the comment section of any koran news report about the press conference and 70% or more of the comments are in support of her and getting massive amounts of likes aswell.

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• We won't know how things play out until after the police investigation and court case. I agree that internet platforms aren't representative of the gp in any country. Just look at Twitter. Things that are major drama on Twitter are pretty much contained to just Twitter and if you ask the average person about the drama, they usually don't have a strong opinion either way or they don't even know what's going on. The internet is not real life.

• Social Media Manipulation in play and it is definitely part of the MHJ's "May Public Opinion War". All companies do it.

More will be revealed this week and the coming weeks.

Its the showdown between supporters of the rich guy that dates younger models vs. supporters of the "minji was prettier when she was younger" girl lover.

• Oh I very much doubt the average normal Korean gives a toss about this scandal. I wish people didn't assume lonely people online represented their country's POV, it's pretty insulting.

And yes, this scandal will soon be in the rearview mirror like all the others.

But I agree all these comebacks will be telling!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!