The opinions of the former judges and the law firm representatives in the Hybe vs. Min Hee-jin breach of contract case

• Honestly I don't want their opinion unless it comes with some juicy documents. They know more about the law, but they know about as much as we do as far as what hybe actually has on hand.

Like can an intern at hybe please press a button or so thing and give us a transcript of their meetings or something? :meme-explaining:

• Interesting so the breach of trust case wouldn't be easy to prove

There's still a lot that's not clear to me like

What happens if mhj isn't asked to resign by the board on 30th April? Can they force her out or is it going to take a court case to force her out?

On similar lines, what if NJ wants to leave hybe? Can mhj end their contract directly or will it require hybe's approval?

• Interesting so the breach of trust case wouldn't be easy to prove

There's still a lot that's not clear to me like

What happens if mhj isn't asked to resign by the board on 30th April? Can they force her out or is it going to take a court case to force her out?

On similar lines, what if NJ wants to leave hybe? Can mhj end their contract directly or will it require hybe's approval?

The purpose of the boardmeeting is presumably to fire her (they can't do it without that, or at least not without it causing some problems for them). She could maybe fight it in court as wrongful termination but she would still be fired, I think.

As far as we know everything about NJ is owned by Ador* (wich is then owned by HYBE), so MHJ could technically end their contract, sell them the masters/IP/brand for a buck but then HYBE would be able to tie them up in court because that sort of obvious stunt doesn't really fly. Outside, MAYBE, of actually selling all of it to one of these alleged investors for a LEGIT price that could technicaly be considered as making HYBE whole (like 500 millions $ at least).

* = I saw something about the name being registered by Ador at least, and some of HYBE's declaration strongly imply that the contract is indeed with Ador and not some sort of weird arrangement where they are signed to HYBE that then entrust the management to Ador. At that point it would be weird if the masters weren't part of the package.

• Public opinion wont matter. These pundits dont matter, they're worthless just like the talking head dumbos on CNN or FOX lol.

Hybe is going to go HAM on the rest of Kpop. I think they will acquire every meaningful competitor label they can and just strip them for parts and dispose of them (remember the corporate raiders of the 80s like Richard Gere's character in the amazing classic Pretty Woman?). I think they have very powerful allies and connections and will wage total war, i shudder for the rest of Kpop tbh.

• Public opinion wont matter. These pundits dont matter, they're worthless just like the talking head dumbos on CNN or FOX lol.

Hybe is going to go HAM on the rest of Kpop. I think they will acquire every meaningful competitor label they can and just strip them for parts and dispose of them (remember the corporate raiders of the 80s like Richard Gere's character in the amazing classic Pretty Woman?). I think they have very powerful allies and connections and will wage total war, i shudder for the rest of Kpop tbh.

I'll say the public opinion won't matter IF the court case rules in favor of MHJ. Because right now she's getting hit by every Ifans there is- due to whatever scenarios those fans can think of, and if the case ruled against her and NJs, then it will be extremely hard for NJ to come back at all. You need people to buy your albums.

Now if the case ruled in favor of her, all these drama and hate she received will all die down and you will see a change in tone from Ifans that they have always believed in her. Lmfao. How many times do we see this throughout KPOP.

But if we're just purely talking about legality to court, then evidence comes first.

---======--

• True. thebadguy is like that bad odor that won't go away no matter how much you febreeze

:meme-kek:

Hybe management is probably saying the same thing about someone.

• I think these experts are right. Plus no big company who is at an advantage does the type of media play that Hybe did. When you have a good case and you think you can win, you handle everything behind the scenes and keep negative publicity away from your branding. One of the reasons why companies pay out lawsuits that are nonsense - because they know it will cost them more to take it through the court.

Having thoughts and exploring options is not a crime. No harm, no foul. Seriously, if we look at facts, it was actually Hybe who caused itself harm by taking it all to the public court of opinions and the public has decided. To me, it looks like Hybe just wants to drag this out with a lawsuit if they cannot oust her so it ties up Ador/MHJ. Would not surprise me if all of this really caused by BSH being jealous of MHJ's success at creating a gg and being more successful at it.

In any case, thanks Hybe for bringing NJs to my attention. Just bought their Bubble Gum song on iTune.

Going to go explore more of their discography.

• There's still a lot that's not clear to me like

Depends on whats written into the contracts and on Korean law.

For example in UK law you have something called drag along rights, which means if the majority owner is selling they can go to court and force the minority owner to also sell their share. In this case, if Hybe wanted to sell its Ador shares to Source, it could force MHJ to sell.

If she isn't asked to resign, or if she is and the board disproves it, Hybe has to keep trying to get her out, potentially (again if Korean law is simular to UK law) with an unfair prejudice claim. Basically saying the company is being run in a way that is unfairly prejudicial to a shareholder or a segment of them.

If NJ want to leave, it depends on their contractual terms and who they signed under. If MHJ really got full control, I think the contracts are under Ador, and if not, its grounds they may be able to claim that Hybe was unfairly able to interfere in a sublabels work despite them being independent (debateable if she has control but lets them go on if she is being a good director to Ador but depends on if Hybe decides to pursue it). Depending on how they swing it, they may be able to get the contracts dismissed. Remember Loona only got out because the income split was really weird, can't remember what happened with EXO but I heard they didn't win and 'resolved their differences' which is code for they paid SM off - so the contracts need something weird in the formation beyond the actual binding to escape, otherwise its down to buying out the contracts. Realistically, if the public sentiment is enough and the damage to the Hybe brand is big enough, the SH may force Hybe to let them go but it would need to get far bigger attention than it currently is, like BBC news level to a point that Hybes major SH's get mad at BSH and with the market cap decline and the bad attention from all of this, that may not take much doing.

But again, they will be weighing up their options, and if the general public opinion is bad enough, they may have no choice but to let them go and so far its not a JYJ situation where they were able to keep some members and retain a highground of fans for said group. If they think the evidence BSH has and the damage is big enough, he may loose his seat. Especially considering all they went through to buy SM only for Kakao to win (including paying LSM waaayyyyyy too much for the shares), grab bubble as a concessions prize and JYP to start making its own platform and move their acts over so basically making it useless. Their only win was to buy shares in an unstable company and get some idols onto their platform but said platform pays the majority of the money to the idols so are peanut profits.

• I can’t wait until this issue goes from “court of public opinion” to the court of law with all the evidence, exhibits, witnesses, transcripts, etc. All the juicy stuff.

I’m curious too if this will a civil or criminal case. I personally believe it will be a civil case but it’s just an assumption of mine.

• There's still a lot that's not clear to me like

An article from business point read that it would not be easy to remove MHJ from Ador as all board members of Ador were on her side. MHJ could possibly terminate NJ's contract but she would face hefty fine for damaging HYBE's business doing so without approval.

I'll say the public opinion won't matter IF the court case rules in favor of MHJ. Because right now she's getting hit by every Ifans there is- due to whatever scenarios those fans can think of, and if the case ruled against her and NJs, then it will be extremely hard for NJ to come back at all. You need people to buy your albums.

Now if the case ruled in favor of her, all these drama and hate she received will all die down and you will see a change in tone from Ifans that they have always believed in her. Lmfao. How many times do we see this throughout KPOP.

But if we're just purely talking about legality to court, then evidence comes first.

So, you believe one does not need promotion platform to sell album? Even if HYBE do not directly pressure outlets, I wonder if any of them dare to contact a small label under HYBE's grudge.

• An article from business point read that it would not be easy to remove MHJ from Ador as all board members of Ador were on her side. MHJ could possibly terminate NJ's contract but she would face hefty fine for damaging HYBE's business doing so without approval.

So, you believe one does not need promotion platform to sell album? Even if HYBE do not directly pressure outlets, I wonder if any of them dare to contact a small label under HYBE's grudge.

Ah you right, I forgot about the SM vs JYJ blacklisting. It took them 13 years for members to be back into broadcasting.

Ah, conglomerate sucks.

---======--

• Well I think the point of contention that the legal experts discuss here is that planning something sus and implementation of something sus in the corporate world are two different things and only one of those could be seen as a breach of trust. If I'm reading this correctly, they're saying even the "sus" activities aren't even a breach of trust for an independently operated subsidiary.

Oh boy.

YamaProphet

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!