TWICE With YOU-th is the Second Best Selling Album in the USA in 2024

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• barnaby

Changed the title of the thread from “TWICE With YOU-th is the Second Best Selling Album in the USA” to “TWICE With YOU-th is the Second Best Selling Album in the USA in 2024”.
  • I am really curious how Taylor suddenly become so big. I mean she isn't somebody who's new, she's been active for many years and now she's having her career peak.

Btw one of the better things about American pop. Kpop idols seem to have such a short career in comparison, in just a few years people move on.

Like Taylor debuted before SNSD, can anyone imagine a scenario where SNSD would be the trendiest idols right now in SK?

• My bad Once, maybe if I bought an album, Twice could have overtaken Taylor.

• I am really curious how Taylor suddenly become so big. I mean she isn't somebody who's new, she's been active for many years and now she's having her career peak.

Btw one of the better things about American pop. Kpop idols seem to have such a short career in comparison, in just a few years people move on.

Like Taylor debuted before SNSD, can anyone imagine a scenario where SNSD would be the trendiest idols right now in SK?

She didn't suddenly become big, it's just that Seventeen and Stray Kids haven't had a Comeback yet :P

I read somewhere that her core fanbase, who grew up with her and started when they were teens without much disposable income are now professionals, graduates, workers etc with a much higher degree of disposable income to throw at her.

• I read somewhere that her core fanbase, who grew up with her and started when they were teens without much disposable income are now professionals, graduates, workers etc with a much higher degree of disposable income to throw at her.

That would make sense tbh :/ maybe it's similar with kpop somehow? Like, all the the ones that got into kpop during 3rd gen have more means now ?

She didn't suddenly become big, it's just that Seventeen and Stray Kids haven't had a Comeback yet :P

True but she is still above almost everyone else with old albums. That's impressive

There's multiple factors on why she peaked in popularity again, but as a fan, I'd say that the biggest ones are Folklore and Evermore + her re-recordings. Let me explain.

Taylor consistently had different narratives to sell her albums. There's always a different situation gaining exposure in her life or something people are curious about her. Somehow, even through singing about personal experiences is nothing new for singers-songwriters, Taylor makes It extremely marketable and interesting to listening to songs and building theories about her life up.

But I think there was a point, during Lover era, the general public was lowkey tired of her narrative and It didn't generate as much interest back then on her lackluster singles' choices. She even said during the era promotions that Lover could be her last successful era.

So she tried to reinvent herself to avoid it to happen and dropped her two greatest recordings so far: folklore and evermore, while emboding her strongest point as an artist that is being a storyteller. As a consequence, she brought a lot of attention to her and, on the sequence, she started to drop her re-recordings and older fans were able to reconnect with her old music due to nostalgia and newer fans could live the experience of these albums' eras for the first time to an extent and the cherry on top is that she transformed this sentiment on a world tour.

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

• I read somewhere that her core fanbase, who grew up with her and started when they were teens without much disposable income are now professionals, graduates, workers etc with a much higher degree of disposable income to throw at her.

I think you got a point.

I was also wondering this though.

Taylor was big but she was always one amongst a group of big singers: Beyonce, Rihanna, Ariana, Katie at some point, Gaga.

Now she is by far the number 1

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!