I hate that dance practices basically turned into performance videos

• I miss when dance practice LOOKED like a dance practice.

No styling and makeup

No fancy camerawork (wtf is a "moving version" "fixed version")

No special lighting or dancing in a special location

Just good old dancing and being able to focus on the actual choreography- and not the members.

Nowadays it's all these camera tricks and etc...like dude, it's basically just a performance video frfr :pepe-tinfoil-hat:

example A :

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

example B :

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

What I want dance practices to go back to -

A.

B.

• "Just good old dancing and being able to focus on the actual choreography" is always great to watch

• I think some dance practices have BEHIND dance practices which are more indicative of groups practicing the dance

I like those tbh

Like I watched this one 3 times before, because I liked how they went over details and the choreographer was directing them etc

• But there are alot of groups who actually put up dance practice videos? The performance part is there sometimes. But you can't just only watch that and conclude it's ALL idols do 'performance' dance type. I think its a more of 'you watch what you wanted' so all you will see is that.

As for makeup or not, they're celebrities, so it doesn't bother me if they do or don't. Just focus on the dance. :leaving-bee:

---======---

• I think I agree, I personally love watching dance practices, but sometimes I want to watch something a little bit more clean and interesting (like my examples below). While groups like OOO have pretty good live dance practices (that they released ahead of their world tour).

I think there is a time and place for everything, but we don't need four different dance practices of the same song or more then one performance video in my opinion. 'Dance Practice Video' could just be a performance video, especially when looking at the StrayKids example.

This is also coming from someone who's top groups have the most simple practices (this song is really old, but one I listen to a lot lol).

External Content www.youtube.com

-- (With the variety and love I have for different dance practices, I want to see more live stage performances like this):

OOO (OnlyOneOf):

Dance Practices I love, vs 'performance' 'dance practices' / clips. (I do love the colour and vibrance of Ta though..)

Examples I mean/brought up:

• I guess thanks for Blackpink (im not entirely sure) who pulled massive views for HYLT Dance Performance?

Some companies might be trying their luck for performance videos to go viral, so not surprised that they willing to spent more effort in filming dance practices/ performance videos. Also, filming dance practice & performance video as 1 kinda save cost too.

About the moving cam etc, Im quite sure it was AOA that popularised that concept with their Eye Contact ver. for dance practice. Gen 2 used to do fixed cam only.

• i didn't know this was a thing. bts does regular dance practices

jimin had to have moving camera because it's that type of choreo, they are moving all the time and there are lots of dancers

suga too

but music isn't added in postproduction and you are hearing their steps and voices and is filmed in one take. hope they won't change that

• Hard agree.

• Run BTS feels like a performance. But I don’t mind because the song has no mv lol. Fortunately BTS tends to give both. Butter had both performance and dance practice videos

• Run BTS feels like a performance. But I don’t mind because the song has no mv lol. Fortunately BTS tends to give both. Butter had both performance and dance practice videos

Perhaps it feels but it's regular dance practice. Like i said, way too many dancers are involved and focus is always on something else. You have to have moving camera. You can hear feet, voices and other sounds, and music isn't added in post production. There's no moving camera in snty because choreo is "static".

Bp example above had the studio version added in post production, and wayv video wasn't even filmed in one take lol. Bts use performanse and dance practice properly.

Having said that; imagine if we had run bts mv :drinktears:

• NMIXX dance practices are like the old ones - except they call it stage practice and sing along

• Perhaps it feels but it's regular dance practice. Like i said, way too many dancers are involved and focus is always on something else. You have to have moving camera. You can hear feet, voices and other sounds, and music isn't added in post production. There's no moving camera in snty because choreo is "static".

Bp example above had the studio version added in post production, and wayv video wasn't even filmed in one take lol. Bts use performanse and dance practice properly.

Having said that; imagine if we had run bts mv :drinktears:

But that isn’t BTS first choreo with huge performance. They didn’t do that for ON practice, not today, Dionysus and other big performances.

You have to admit run BTS was shot like a performance video

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!