Stray Kids' contracts re-negotiations right around the corner? JYP just gave them the longest break of their career so far

• It started in early February and counting

Jokes aside, I have a theory the re-negotiations of their contracts will be by the end of 2024, instead of 2025. We know they officially debuted in March, 2018, but they released a pre-debut album/era in early january that was commercialized, they did fansigns, promoted on shows and filmed MVs, so I suppose they signed their contracts in late 2017 when the Reality Show ended.

Curious to see what the future holds for them.

:pepe-narrow-eyes:

• The way Hyunjin needed to comment such event

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

q28gXUw.gif

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

• So glad they’re having a break. Was worried they were getting close to burnout.

Last year they were saying some things pointing out they were feeling overwhelmed by work.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

So I'm glad to see they seem to be enjoying their break.

• They dont have time to rest, the clock is ticking, and BTS will be back by the end of 2025. This leaves maybe 18 months for Stray Kids to take control of Kpop. Some of these late 4th gen BGs like Riiize are already making their mark, SKZ NEEDS to go ham right now and make a final push to take the crown :pepe-hype::pepe-hype:

Passed the first contract is already certified HAG, why would you want elders to fight...

• Honestly, it's about time they had a proper break.. Some things they said last year was worrisome and sad.

They definitely need this. So it's nice to see. I hope they're enjoying their time off and come back energized feeling even more passionate about music and their work <3

As for the negotiations, really I'm just assuming they will resign. Their careers are going great, they seem happy with the way the company is managing them, and they also say there's still a lot they want to achieve as artists and as a group. So tbh I'm confident we don't need to worry, but we can never know Ig.

• Honestly, it's about time they had a proper break.. Some things they said last year was worrisome and sad.

They definitely need this. So it's nice to see. I hope they're enjoying their time off and come back energized feeling even more passionate about music and their work <3

As for the negotiations, really I'm just assuming they will resign. Their careers are going great, they seem happy with the way the company is managing them, and they also say there's still a lot they want to achieve as artists and as a group. So tbh I'm confident we don't need to worry, but we can never know Ig.

I'd be genuinely surprised If they took a different path than re-signing. I'd support them, of course, but still surprised. A new contract that gives them better profits sharing over their contributions to the Company seems more likely.

And honest, JYPE seems confident. It's been 6 years since Stray Kids debuted and there isn't even a new korean boygroup in the Company. Especially judging the fact boygroups are usually slowburners, so It takes time until most of them are really profitable.

• Legends allears.gif

• I'd be genuinely surprised If they took a different path than re-signing. I'd support them, of course, but still surprised. A new contract that gives them better profits sharing over their contributions to the Company seems more likely.

And honest, JYPE seems confident. It's been 6 years since Stray Kids debuted and there isn't even a new korean boygroup in the Company. Especially judging the fact boygroups are usually slowburners, so It takes time until most of them are really profitable.

I didn't really think about the fact that JYP haven't debuted any new BG yet. I wonder when that'll be :/ Stray Kids is quite established now, but seems JYP is still quite focused on them and their growth, which ofc is understandable as their growth has been really big these last years.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!