Netizens talk about whether IU and V’s ‘Love Wins All’ MV is belittling disabled people

• Netizens talk about whether IU and V’s ‘Love Wins All’ MV is belittling disabled people

Was IU and V’s ‘Love Wins All’ MV belittling disabled people? Was-IU-and-Vs-Love-Wins-All-MV-belittling-disabled-people-1.jpgWas-IU-and-Vs-Love-Wins-All-MV-belittling-disabled-people-2.jpgWas-IU-and-Vs-Love-Wins-All-MV-belittling-disabled-people-3.jpgWas-IU-and-Vs-Love-Wins-All-MV-belittling-disabled-people-4.jpgWas-IU-and-Vs-Love-Wins-All-MV-belittling-disabled-people-5.jpg

Some netizens expressed the opinion that they were uncomfortable with the fact that the images of IU, who is deaf, and V, who lost his sight, depicted people with disabilities, and that it was based on the ‘poor imagination’ of a disabled couple idealizing and yearning for the love of a non-disabled couples

1. If you take disabled people as a topic, you naturally have to endure criticism from those involved… Are you just taking disabled people as a topic and don’t want to hear criticism?

2. Of course people are allowed to think about it. But I think it’s too far to call it belittling disabled people

3. To be honest, I thought there would be criticism

4. Where on earth does criticism come from? In their world on Twitter?

5. If you think about it from the perspective of a disabled person, of course you might feel bad

6. I didn’t think they would criticize after watching the MV, but after reading the comments, I understand why there was that reaction

7. There may be this point of view… I’m not saying that IU did anything wrong. Because there is a difference in interpretation. But seeing this made me think about it too

8. I’m not saying that IU did anything wrong, but I just hope she’s a little more careful in this matter. The song is good and the MV is good, but it’s a pity that there’s controversy

9. I watched the MV but didn’t think much about it

10. But did IU write the story? Isn’t there a music video director? Why are you guys doing this to IU?

Original post (1)

Netizens talk about whether IU and V’s ‘Love Wins All’ MV is belittling disabled people – Pannkpop

• [theqoo] WAS IU-V'S 'LOVE WINS ALL' MV BELITTLING DISABLED PEOPLE?

AVvXsEgazA9GcQH97cTd51z8zYryNNCvlneVQ9O7U_qAoXmcO8SMcQjBvKQROTniFEvvavReyPCXz49s1fCOdbaLjLh8U259TyiT91zr4BRA_ffmOZPB_h_XbsSrK1kb4fuk_-KTVFDDW5RAiZV6xvV3u4EEQwQFi0fPHu0e41tIvMTj72gJhI6o6RBWnzXTe_o9=s16000

Some netizens expressed the opinion that they were uncomfortable with the fact that the images of IU, who is deaf, and BTS's V, who lost his sight, depicted people with disabilities, and that it was based on the 'poor imagination' of a disabled couple idealizing and yearning for the love of a non-disabled couples. In addition, since disability is not something to be overcome, it was pointed out that making disability the subject itself was an objectification and romanticization of the disabled. The ending was also criticized for a lack of deep thinking in that it was not IU and V who had entered a happy world without hatred and discrimination, but rather their disabilities had disappeared.

On the other hand, there are strong opinions that this music video should be viewed another "topic" other than focusing on disabilities. It can be viewed from various perspectives, such as zombies, viruses, and loss of function in dystopia, but limiting it to a ‘disability’ is itself a prejudice. In fact, if you look at the lyrics of 'Love Wins All', it is just a story about general love and there is no hint or mention of disability. Fans are also reacting with "what a disappointment" to IU, citing as an example the fact that the original title 'Love Wins' was changed to 'Love Wins All' due to criticism that it was 'a word exclusive to sexual minorities'.

[...]

source: https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/076/0004102105

original post: here

1. I feel like this was an inevitable issue that could've been created

2. It's true that if you use disabled people as a subject, you open yourself for criticism over it... Do you think it makes any sense to use them as a subject and not want to hear any criticism?

3. Me too I thought about something similar to the article's point of view..

4. Of course people are allowed to think about it... But I think it's too far to call it "belittling" disabled people

5. I don't understand why people understood it as them trying to portray IU and V trying to "overcome" disability, rather I thought it was smart that they were putting it as a contrast to a "non-disabled" life

6. I want to hear people who think that this is a forced hate, but seems like people can't even come up with a reason here

7. I seriously don't get this.. This is such a forced hate

8. I feel like people are valid for thinking like that though

9. I don't think that this is "hate" towards the disabled, but I feel like people are valid for thinking that it was problematic too..

10. I don't think it's hate towards disabled people, but I do think that they treated the subject way too naively

[theqoo] WAS IU-V'S 'LOVE WINS ALL' MV BELITTLING DISABLED PEOPLE?
    We translate Pann articles about Korean news, music, drama and lifestyle
    www.pannchoa.com

• The backlash makes no sense.

Its IU. She gets hate threads for existing and donating money. This is nothing.

It could have been a mv about baking cookies and it would somehow been problematic, gotten a post on theqoo about it, a yellow page article and then the usual pannchoa translations picking up the juiciest comments.

This is all kinda ironic considering the message of the movie.

• I'm honestly f-ing fed up with brain-dead people. They can't do anything else, but complaining about something that isn't even there! The WHOLE music video, and the song itself is about LOVE WINS ALL, doesn't matter who you are, what problems are you dealing with. This is DISGUSTING, because IU, V and all the crew released a fantastic story about accepting each other, fighting against all odds and love each other till the last minute. While idiots like them saying she's discriminating the disabled community? Open your eyes and use your brain, for the love of God!

Also, I'm 100000% sure, no one who's bitching about this, isn't even a disabled person, or even met one. My grandmother is disabled. People have to realize that just because someone is disabled, doesn't mean they share the same feelings or have the same opinions. You can be disabled, but you're still a person with different opinions, tastes, and thoughts. EVERYONE handles their own disabilities differently. So stop talking nonsense!

Also, the fact that this idiot is worked for HYBE, Jesus. She dare to say that IU and V are billionaires and playing disabled characters, when IU herself is disabled, because she has hearing problems. Not to mention, neither V nor IU born rich, they worked for it! They literally came from nothing!

HYBE Stylist Criticizes IU's "Love Wins All" MV With BTS's V For Its "Exploitative" Message

• When it comes to IU, I'm sorry, but her fake concerns are not convincing at all. And it is also obvious how much they watched the music video without understanding it AT ALL.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

Edited 2 times, last by byakuyav ().

• Im pretty sure byakuyav is refering to the stylist who posted on instagram.

that stylist has completely lost the plot ;( tbh I'm kind of surprised she'd doubling down so hard, being so messy in public can't be good for business when she directly works for idol agencies (and her most high profile client is with hybe of all people too).

• Wait, the first part of your comment is a bit confusing. Who's fake concerns are not convincing?

I was a little upset so I guess I didn't write in enough detail. ;( I'm talking about the stylist who clearly doesn't understand the music video at all.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• This is just pure hate. Because at the end of the day, they still can’t clarify which part of the music video disrespected people who are disabled

What’s next? Are they gonna hate on V and IU for getting married when they are still single :skull:

• Also, the fact that this idiot is worked for HYBE, Jesus. She dare to say that IU and V are billionaires and playing disabled characters, when IU herself is disabled, because she has hearing problems. Not to mention, neither V nor IU born rich, they worked for it! They literally came from nothing!

FACTS hopefully hybe fires this person. You don't need this negative Energy in the workplace. People like this who makes problems out of nothing are the source of stress as you have to walk on eggshells around them. Because the world doesn't revolve around them.

Hate them more because they will use any lgbt or whatever cause as a weapon or shield to bash you with if they are criticized for fuckin anything up regardless if they were right or wrong. They knowingly do it because they know most people don't want to be labled as some sort of ist and cancelled

• I didn't think that was the case at all. I though the camera made them see themselves as they were before the dystopian reality so they could imagine what could've been.

I don't know why people would assume they were wishing they weren't disabled.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!