kpop trends that should disappear from planet earth

• 1. antidrops

PLEASE BRING BACK REAL CHORUS. antidrops has ruined kpop entirely, making kpop musics look uncreative and rushed.

2. remixes

1-2 is enough, we dont need 54341242 remixes on the same song

3. repetitive chorus

im looking at you nmixx..... repetitive chorus in LMLT is enough, now they continued the trend with sonar and dash. like my girls can sing so please follow in party o clock's footsteps....

4. very early comeback announcement

twice need to stop announcing comebacks so early such as what they did currently. imagine announcing months earlier just to drop a prerelease.... and i dont even start about MISAMO announcement.........

5. intros in album

it is creative but i feel like its just an excuse to increase number of tracks in albums.

6. album tracks

wdym an album is 4 songs + intro ???? what happened to regular 6-7 songs per mini album ??? quality over quantity is such a bs excuse especially from big4 companies. also a certain company choose to only include 8 songs in a full album for a particular group, like ?????

7. no positions in groups

please just stop this. positions used to be the hallmark of kpop groups, allowing please to hail and glorify a member's talent by pinpointing their exact positions. now everyone is a vocalist, dancer, rapper........ i dont get why companies stopped assigning positions.

i think i missed a few so feel free to add yours

• 7. no positions in groups

please just stop this. positions used to be the hallmark of kpop groups, allowing please to hail and glorify a member's talent by pinpointing their exact positions. now everyone is a vocalist, dancer, rapper........ i dont get why companies stopped assigning positions.

They stopped because there's probably no one in the group who's particularly good enough to be a main vocal/dancer and if they give them a position, they will be compared to main vocals/dancers of other groups.

This is my honest opinion, please don't hate.

• For me, I'd say short songs. Most of the songs on G-idles 'full album' are 2 minutes long. It's so annoying how songs are super short these days, you play it and then it's over so quickly. I don't know if it's because of tiktok, but I miss when songs were 3-4 minutes long and actually had bridges in them.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• For me, I'd say short songs. Most of the songs on G-idles 'full album' are 2 minutes long. It's so annoying how songs are super short these days, you play it and then it's over so quickly. I don't know if it's because of tiktok, but I miss when songs were 3-4 minutes long and actually had bridges in them.

I'm feeling another rant coming on regarding the state of modern music. X(X(X(

• 6. album tracks

wdym an album is 4 songs + intro ???? what happened to regular 6-7 songs per mini album ??? quality over quantity is such a bs excuse especially from big4 companies. also a certain company choose to only include 8 songs in a full album for a particular group, like ?????

No way do we need more filler songs lol. Kpop groups come back twice per year. Do you really want 14 songs every year for every Kpop group? It's just gonna degenerate into generic repetitive noise, there arent that many catchy melodies in the world to accommodate this many songs from the 100 active Kpop groups, like 14 songs x 100 groups equals 14,000 songs every year lol. Then you add in the millions of other songs produced every year around the world...just NO.

Just put out 8 songs per year and get 2-4 elite quality songs from them for each group and i'm happy. You could build a playlist of 100 amazing songs that way and that should be plenty for one year.

Back in the day we were happy to get 14 songs every 3 years, but as a tradeoff, we got some legendary quality, songs that were works of art that told a story or captured a feeling, not 2 minute disposable jingles.

• 7. no positions in groups

Have companies really appointed members as "dancers"?, I mean pretty much all in a group need to be able to dance because all dancing is more or less done as a group. Feels the label "dancer" is more something fans put on members.

• the problem is that Koreans seems to like those repetitive choruses

or even more they like pre chorus part to be addictive and then the part which should be more vibey most catchy is like in Jeon Somi's songs...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• i agree with the remixes. it's pretty rare that one actually ends up being good. and i'd rather have another full song than just an intro

One thing that really grinds my gears on remixes is that some groups drop absolutely FIRE remixes or instrumentally backed versions of their songs, but only for 1 stage performance, usually end of year shows.

And they never, ever release them anywhere else.

Itzy is actually pretty bad for this.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!