I feel like NewJeans has so far been putting out literally the best they have and we'll see a rapid quality decline pretty soon

• Its subjective, imo Super Shy was a very good song 8.5/10 and ETA 8/10, but weren't as good as their previous songs like Ditto, Hybe Boy, Attention etc., which were bangers 9.5/10.

But does MJH have still have very good/great songs up her sleeve, or has she used up all the great songs already. I'm surprised she didn't decide on a Dec or Jan comeback, and went with a re-mix release.

I guess the next release is very important for Newjeans to cement their position as top group. Generally,many already said OMG&Ditto > Get Up. And supershy, eta already out of top 10 on domestic chart signalling weaker reception than their last era. So i think it is wise to take a step back, shop for better song than doing another rush comeback.

Newjeans already gotten the msot attention this year, they really dont need to rush it

• And supershy, eta already out of top 10 on domestic chart

Keyword: Domestic

Globally Super Shy was by far their most successful and critically acclaimed song. It not having as much longevity in the Melon top 10 is relatively no big deal compared to what the song achieved in totality.

A few less weeks in the top 10 on Melon vs. Multiple more weeks on the Billboard Hot 100, career best Spotify streaming numbers, and being rated by many renown music critics as the best K-Pop song of the year. That's not even mentioning the Get Up album outselling the Barbie OST and being on pace to spend more weeks on the Billboard 200 than any girl group album ever.

That's a trade anybody would take any day. ADOR targeted the West with the Get Up era, and it was an incredible success. If their next song can get similar or better results, a step back is the last thing they should do.

• All Get Up songs were composed after Ditto release. It was not a collection of demos, it was composed by a group in writing/production sessions as a whole piece of music.

Erika de Casier explained about the producing process

https://www.gq.com/story/newje…erika-de-casier-interview

No wonder I fell in love with their songs ASAP (no pun intended). Sometimes a song can't be 100% done in house, that's fine. But at least source out to unknown, indie producers in Europe that aren't just blinded by the "we must make it to billboard n.1" and produce plain pop music. Yes NJ is simple but so fresh (again no pun) and different. And you can feel that's exactly what ADOR was aiming for. I ran to kpop exactly for that.

:pepe-shades:

• I doubt it will happen so early, I am only expecting some degree of it when MHJ debuts her boygroup "Real Hypeboys" (i side-eyed so bad when i first read that) and divides her attention to her new shiny group.

• You really cant compare Super Shy success vs OMG + Ditto. The latter was going viral on its own without big push like Super Shy with all the youtube collabs + sueprshy was released at a point NJ already started to have breakthrough. It is like comparing Pink venom and say it is more well received than DDDD for example because it clearly wasnt. The former just had a bigger reach and hence charted better. If we wanna gauge whether the original listeners like the newer song or not, korean charts are always the better gauge cause they were already huge before this latest release.

Having said that, no doubt Get Up as an album overall it is the most acclaimed. But, i believe the general consensus in the kpop fandom is that Get Up didnt outdo their debut or even OMG/ditto. You dont need to see eye to eye with me. Im just giving my view (you can opine im wrong or whatever, up to u)

• You really cant compare Super Shy success vs OMG + Ditto. The latter was going viral on its own without big push like Super Shy with all the youtube collabs + sueprshy was released at a point NJ already started to have breakthrough. It is like comparing Pink venom and say it is more well received than DDDD for example because it clearly wasnt. The former just had a bigger reach and hence charted better. If we wanna gauge whether the original listeners like the newer song or not, korean charts are always the better gauge cause they were already huge before this latest release.

Having said that, no doubt Get Up as an album overall it is the most acclaimed. But, i believe the general consensus in the kpop fandom is that Get Up didnt outdo their debut or even OMG/ditto. You dont need to see eye to eye with me. Im just giving my view (you can opine im wrong or whatever, up to u)

I think it's pretty straightforward. Domestically, Super Shy doesn't compare favorably to Ditto (it definitely outperformed OMG though. Not sure why you made it a 1 + 1 deal), but internationally no NewJeans song has performed as well or been as critically acclaimed as Super Shy.

I don't like that BP comparison either. There was a 4-5 year gap between PV and DDDD. There was a 7 months gap between Ditto and Super Shy.

I didn't limit the audience to the Korean public or K-Pop fandoms; I said globally, which includes everybody. And honestly, looking at the Gallup poll results, Super Shy was still their highest ranking song in Korea, so it being a dropoff from their previous releases is an opinion one can have, but it's not substantiated by the results.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!