How do you rate K-pop songs?

• I rate them on scales from 1 to 10. here are my examples:

1/10: Worst song I ever heard, piece of trash

2/10: Not the worst but almost. Has some nice parts that save it (Most Blackpink songs)

3/10: Not too bad, had one of two really awesome parts that I liked (Most NCT songs)

4/10: A good song, not something I'd listen to more than once though (Most (G)I-DLE songs)

5/10: Very good song with a few parts that I didn't like that much. I'll listen to it more than once or replay parts of it (Babymonsters debut)

6/10: Great song. It's something I'd add to one of my playlists, not my main playlist though (Most aespa songs)

7/10: Amazing song with beautiful vocals and a nice rhythm/genre. I'll save it in my fav songs playlist (Most SKZ songs)

8/10: One of the best songs I've ever heard, I'll replay it again and again, hundred times (Most StayC and Red Velvet songs)

9/10: Addicting asf, I love it so so so damn much, I'll never ever forget this song, I will learn the choreography, learn the lyrics and write them everywhere I can for 2 months. I will listen to it like I'm obsessed (Most Le Sserafim and IVE songs)

10/10: Perfection. Absolute perfection. This song is going to be my new personality for the next 9 months, I will dedicate 100 Pinterest pages to it, i will sing it all the time and play it on loop for 67 weeks. (NewJeans entire discography)

⋆.ೃ࿔˚⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆. we rise up above ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆ ・⋆

・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

• Instead of numbers i prefer to do it with linguistic terms

#Terrible

#Average/Okayish/Medicore (not bad but not that good either)

# good ( nice to listen but not something that addicting, might give it listens occasionally )

#excellent (something i like will play on repeat till I don't get over it and will keep it in my liked/green-heart playlist on spotify )

• What rating would you give Baemons debut?

⋆.ೃ࿔˚⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆. we rise up above ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆ ・⋆

・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

• Why are there sm negative ones ;( Btw how would you rank baemons debut?

・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

• Honestly I think it depends on my current taste, compared to what I listen to in the past I am doing my best to tune out the negative/ sadder sounding songs and refreshing my playlists entirely.

My Music Taste changes so much, I often do a Spotify Revamp each December, and give it a fresh change.

I rarely rate things as in detail as you mentioned, I but I'm in between being picky about my favourite tracks and not.

After following so many nugu groups and having some even just disappear, I'm learning just to love the music instead. It's so hard keeping up with so many releases, who has time to rate them lol.

"Respect your efforts, Respect Yourself" - B.I Dance Practice Room Quote.

Seventeen ᡣ𐭩 Monsta X ᡣ𐭩 OnlyOneOf ᡣ𐭩 EPEX ᡣ𐭩 Mino ᡣ𐭩 Dabin ᡣ𐭩 Colde ᡣ𐭩 Do Hanse ᡣ𐭩 Do Hanse Liked my YT Comment (x2) ᡣ𐭩 Wyatt (ONF) hearted my fanletter (x2), Shinwon (PTG) hearted my fan letter, Hong Eunki hearted my Youtube comment (2024)

• pass - not my cup of tea - I don't hate the song it's just I didn't didn't like it

:thumbup: - it's alright - I can listen to it but I certainly wouldn't be replaying it or anything sometimes I might still skip it

:thumbup::thumbup: - not bad - I wouldn't skip it but also I wouldn't actively searching for it or anything.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:- I like it - I actually enjoy the song

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: - I really like the song - I'd probably repeat it a few times - I might search it but this level it becomes playlist worthy

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: - I adore the song - I'd probably have it on repeat for like a couple of hours past first hearing it - I'd definitely search for it and might even look up it's meaning or dwelve deeper into the lyrics and might even seek other's rections to it as well

• 1 - Can't finish the song, it's just bad

2 - So bad but would relisten a few time just to see how a song can be so bad. Can't understand how anyone can like it.

3 - Can finish listening to it but it's not good but can accept it may not be my taste but could see someone liking it.

4 - Below ok, not a good song but could be worse

5 - Being very ok but not good enough to download though.

6 - above ok, good enough to background listen but would never purposely choose to listen to it.

7 - Good song, good fillers. They form the base of your library, you cant listen to incredible songs all the time.

8. - Title track quality. In line with expectation on what a good song should be.

9 - Beyond expectation, they will pop up in my head from time to time and I'll break shuffle just to listen to it.

10 - Will never ever skip when it comes up, timeless. Will even replay a few times when it comes up before moving on.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!